Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greamsey glazing  (Read 2456 times)

AlanP

Greamsey glazing
« on: February 22, 2008, 07:47:30 pm »

As this is my first kit build the TSDV Greamsey I am unsure about the glazing of a bulkhead door, the photo shows the two doors and two squares with smaller holes that glue to the back of the door, does the glazing go between the square and the door or do you glue the square to the door and then the glazing on the back.  the instructions do not say and I am having difficulty getting hold of dave.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Greamsey glazing
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 07:57:02 pm »

Hi Alan I dont know the kit but I would assume the glazing goes between the two pieces. :-\
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

barryfoote

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 08:19:02 pm »

Reckon Richard is right as usual

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 10:33:02 pm »

Hi AlanP
I have recently purchased a Greamsay and have just had it out of the transportation box to have a look, it has been built as door then square then glazing and it looks fine.
Please note when you are putting the finishing touches to the model that the name of the boat is spelt incorrectly.
If you go to google and type in as you have spelt it ,it asks if spelling is correct the last 3 letters are SAY not SEY.
If I feel up to it (have injured my back) I shall have my model on display at Midhust Model Show this Sunday.
Hope this is of help
Alan Colson

DaveB

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 12:48:34 pm »

Hi Alan
Sandwhich the glazing between the pieces, when you are ready to cut the hole for the suprtstructure in the foredeck check the dimensions against the inner dimensions of the suprtstructure or you'll find there is a huge amount of space between the coamings and the structure, i did'nt think about it untill  too late. If you change the size of the opening acess is greatly improved.
have fun DaveB

AlanP

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 07:58:55 pm »

Thanks for all the replies, looks like you can glaze both ways, that means I will have to make a decision, :(   it will have to wait until Friday as I only make decisions on Fridays  ;D

Thanks for the tip on the superstructure opening Dave, I could see that it was going to be a bit of a struggle getting batteries in and out, so any extra on the opening will be good.

Thanks again  Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 23 queries.