Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: English Rugby  (Read 3067 times)

barryfoote

English Rugby
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:04:55 pm »

Now thats how you beat the French.......Superb (At last).

Stavros....Take notes and watch the game. You could pick up some great tips......Don't forget to pass them on to the Welsh Rugby team though ::)

FLJ.......Just cos I live here does not mean I have taken out citizenship you know :D

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
Re: English Rugby
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 10:48:12 pm »

Mind you, if that knock on was seen by the ref and the try (correctly) disallowed, it wouldn't have been England celebrating, would it?  ::)   Steve Walsh has a lot to answer for.

Regards

Barry M

Red_Hamish

• Full Mayhemer
  • Have a wee dram and enjoy life
    • Edinburgh Model Boat Club
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 11:20:36 pm »

There have been numerous refereeing contentious calls this year. Maybe there should be an over-riding element  from the 4th official. The benefit of clarifying some of the calls made could alleviate the bickering which seems  to be sparked by the match commentators.

Just my tuppence worth and no it isn't attributable to sour grapes by a disgruntled Scotsman  ::)

cheers

Jim  :buttrock:
Visit www.paddleducks.co.uk & www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org.uk for all your model boating needs!
See what life is all about www.visitshetland.com/sumburgh-airport-live-video This is the pace of life that the doctors prescribe, so laid back that you

barryfoote

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:24:55 am »

There have been numerous refereeing contentious calls this year. Maybe there should be an over-riding element  from the 4th official. The benefit of clarifying some of the calls made could alleviate the bickering which seems  to be sparked by the match commentators.

Just my tuppence worth and no it isn't attributable to sour grapes by a disgruntled Scotsman  ::)

cheers

Jim.
Have a glass of Irish on me!!! :D

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 09:06:17 am »

cheers

Trouble is, some 4th Officials couldn't tell you if the ball/foot was in, out or doing the Hokey-Cokey. Steve Walsh seems to be more 'accident prone' than others.  :(

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 09:26:17 am »

As an Englishman living in Wales I had a double celebration last night, as for the knock on its about time England had a dubious decision go in their favour and even without that 7 points the score would still be 17-13. Instead of knocking England why not admire the tackle by Jamie Noon that was instrumental in that try, he almost chopped that french player in half (I certainly enjoyed watching that replay!!!!) Plus not forgetting an exellent debut from Richard Wigglesworth I can see great things coming from him.

Mark (looking for a quieter keyboard)
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

Red_Hamish

• Full Mayhemer
  • Have a wee dram and enjoy life
    • Edinburgh Model Boat Club
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 09:52:55 am »

Mark I don't disagree with the result yesterday against France. I don't think they were up to the required standard.
My comment about the 4th official is made because of the reaction from the spectators in the stadium when the
TV replay is put up on the screen within the stadium and you hear the groans or worse emanating from the spectators.

As to mis-carriage of calls made this tournament, well there have been a few! Most of which goes against the team of our choice.

cheers

Jim

hmm maybe I should support New Zealand  ::)

Visit www.paddleducks.co.uk & www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org.uk for all your model boating needs!
See what life is all about www.visitshetland.com/sumburgh-airport-live-video This is the pace of life that the doctors prescribe, so laid back that you

chingdevil

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 12:18:06 pm »

I think we had a good game considering Steve Walsh was the referee, and the history between him and England. We were lucky, but we won that is all that matters. I would like to know why Brian Ashton keeps playing Balshaw when he is so bad, we have far better full back players not even included in the squad I just do not understnd that.

Brian

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 12:28:45 pm »

Just thinking about bending the rules in general -

If a throw at a lineout is judged 'not straight' then the throwers team is penalised. In theory a ball should also go straight into a scrum but when did you last see that happen - and when did it last provoke a reaction from the Ref? Answer (in my case) not since schoolboy rugby in the 60's - or have the rules changed?

Barry M

PS After that 67 - 6 defeat by Scotland 'A' against Ireland 'A', I know which team I would field at Murrayfield on the 8th March...

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 01:47:13 pm »

hmm maybe I should support New Zealand  ::)

At a boy Jim come over to the dark side.  O0

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 03:40:07 pm »

Nah! - I don't recommend it - The initiation ceremony with the sheep and molasses is messy AND you have to carry a handbag like their players!  :D

Barry M

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 09:41:52 pm »

It seems to me that one of the biggest problems facing rugby supporters is the diiferences in interpretaion of rules by referees from the northern hemisphere, compared to those from the southern hemisphere. Perhaps it's time referees from all rugby playing nations got together and decided on a commom approach. Having said that, there are so many rules that a legal team of QC's would be needed to sort it out - at prohibitive cost, and all that would happen is we would finish up with even more rules. ;D
Peter.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 09:45:00 pm »

Nah! - I don't recommend it - The initiation ceremony with the sheep and molasses is messy AND you have to carry a handbag like their players!  :D

Barry M
Sounds like a man whose been there, done that, bought the tee shirt and the video !! {-) {-) :-\
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 11:24:03 pm »

I managed to supress the video..... :o

Barry M

barryfoote

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 08:13:19 am »

I managed to supress the video..... :o

Barry M
Thats what you think!!!You never know who is watching.... :embarrassed:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.