Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RTR Tug rebuild  (Read 17212 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: RTR Tug rebuild
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 02:32:10 pm »

You're lucky Mike. Whilst my wife doesn't mind coming sailing with me, if I was to give her my tug to dabble with I am pretty sure it would be me doing the undabbling from one or other of my orifice's.  :-\
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Damien

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 02:58:12 pm »

Great build, it certainly looks like you enjoyed doing it. Brownie points sounds like a smart idea i guess mine will be the Lady Jo not that i need them Jo does 1/12th Dolls houses & has around 30 Dolls from 4" tall to 2' 6" tall so we tolerate each others hobby lol
Damien. 

tugs46

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 04:23:07 pm »

Looks much much better!!
Cracking job O0

wavechopper

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 05:40:49 am »

I was looking for someone's boat to copy for my one, and I think this is the one that I have found. I particularly like the idea of setting up the funnels in the rear instead and the fire pipes on the sides. I was trying to figure out how to mount the wheelhouse to the main cabin structure until I saw your "Ruth" and simply have to copy it. How did you fasten the front to the main cabin section underneath? I will have the main cabin section lift off to access the battery etc, I will have a working radar on mine, I picked up a broken off car mirror with a smashed housing from the garbage at the local garage with the intention of recycling the motors in it, but by cutting up the mechanism in the motor head and wiring it up to 3 or 4.5 volts, the motors turn at scale radar speed, and will give me wokring radar. Also to get away without detailing the  inside of the bridge and showing off the mirror motor assembly I am going to cover the windows with reflective foil tape. ANy recent pics of the Ruth? Thanks for your help. I see that this Dickie thread is almost 2 years old and missing recent posts.

geids

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 11:52:27 pm »

And another year goes by, and another new Tug boat owner stumbles in...

I  picked up one of these guys with the intent of using it as a rescue boat for my sailboat, but now have it gutted, sanded, and ready for painting. I've put a brushless motor, ESC and 2.4Ghz rx in it, going to run it on LIPO.

Your thread has really inspired me!

Rod
Toronto, ON
If it ain't broke it ain't mine

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 07:15:38 am »

Welcome aboard Rob!

"I've put a brushless motor, ESC and 2.4Ghz rx in it, going to run it on LIPO."   :o  

Not sure you need be concerned about a bollard pull test but more concerned about take off speeds!   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.