Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dkm bismarck  (Read 4416 times)

modelman66

dkm bismarck
« on: March 04, 2008, 07:18:22 pm »

O0 hello to all here are some pics of my scratch built 1/200 semi scale bismarck its my first attempt and things went wrong ,nearly sank last time out lost one prop and shaft but stayed afloat .if you would like to know more only too happy to help.it took lots of patience,dremmel,fibreglass plastic padding.the boat is photographed by myself at ashby ville scunthorpe.

modelman66

Re: dkm bismarck
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 11:37:11 pm »

:-\ me again see bismarck in motion use this link http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh272/modelman66/?action=view&current=ashbyville2.flv bismarck ville is using 3x7.2v0lt nicad  bismarck battleship is fitted with 2x6volt acid gel bats rubbish filming but very windy day used fuji s5700 camera.

barryfoote

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:24:55 am »

She looks very good on the water. A credit to you. Do you have any more photos of her? I am thinking closeups of the detail..

Barry

modelman66

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 02:14:15 pm »

O0 thanks for the comment have you tried the links above and the bismark tirpitz linkhttp://www.bismarck-class.dk/shipmodels/german_models/bismarckwoodward.html

i think the model isnt as good as it could be .but you can check  out these photos and see what you think.

modelman66

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 03:00:00 pm »

hi heres a pic if it helps

modelman66

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 04:44:28 pm »

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 01:11:45 pm »

She's certainly a lovely looking model and not many people go the scratch build route with this subject as there are so many kits available.  Nice level of detail and a good hull shape.

She does seem to sit a little on the low side in the water so I guess she is a fair weather model!  Nothing wrong with that though, my U-Boat is definately fair weather and having the pond to itself before I would consider putting it out there!!
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

modelman66

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 07:55:23 pm »

O0 your right it does sit low in the water. even lower with the new gel batteries (see photo) but it was going far toooooooooo faaaaaaaaast waiting for slower motors to arrive.it does look more realistic low in the water,ive had to seal the deck with draught tape because she does ship water over the bow at speed but none inside boat and it has seen rough water (jet ski wake) and heavy wind (check vid link) but if it gets any lower i will call it u boot bismarck lol.

modelman66

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 07:23:21 pm »

here it is on you tube       <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gMREx6lEQNc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gMREx6lEQNc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

modelman66

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 10:41:32 pm »

this boat is now for sale (check sales ) to fund bigger project huge bismarck.

sonyah

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 09:41:05 am »

O0 hello to all here are some pics of my scratch built 1/200 semi scale bismarck its my first attempt and things went wrong ,nearly sank last time out lost one prop and shaft but stayed afloat .if you would like to know more only too happy to help.it took lots of patience,dremmel,fibreglass plastic padding.the boat is photographed by myself at ashby ville scunthorpe.
hope mine looks like that if i ever finish it still cant find part 28 can you help

modelman66

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 08:13:05 pm »

im sorry but its not from the magazine its scratch built, however if you try e bay i have seen some magazines for sale at times failing that you may have to order off the publisher back issues hope this helps .   pete.

kelvin

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 04:53:23 pm »

ik looks good. very floatable :}
I suppose this is the Bismarck off hachette colections??
I`m busy with part 41.

Mikhail

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 08:55:50 pm »

Hi from Russia!!

Great model!!!! :-))

I started to build Bismark (1|200) -since January 2009...and I am very fascinated about that!!! :-)

regards,

Mikhail

sterl1

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 03:24:20 pm »

great  looking boat hope mine looks as good i am nearing completion and after many patient hours am looking forward to it's maiden voyage happy boating
                                         sterl1
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.