Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: With a little help from your friends.  (Read 1409 times)

Welsh_Druid

• Full Mayhemer
With a little help from your friends.
« on: March 07, 2008, 10:33:38 am »

This is about one of the members of this forum. He will probably say that I should not do this but you need to know what the guy is like..

Last week I wanted to order some modelling goods from Germany. I emailed the manufacturer but I don't know any German so it was in English. I guess the manufacturer doesn't know English so I did not get any replies.

So I contacted White Ensign (Jörg).

I had an immediate response and over the next week he went to a very lot of trouble to sort out all my problems, contacting the manufacturer, ordering on my behalf, sorting out the money transfer arrangements, and today emailing me that he had heard that the goods were on the way.

What a super guy.  I don't want you all to bother him in this way (though he would probably say "no trouble") but it shows what nice sort of people are on this forum.

Thanks Jörg

Don B.

bigfella

Re: With a little help from your friends.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 11:10:27 am »

Hi Don

I agree the people on this forum are the absolute best. I have found that all members are willing to take the time and help eachother. I think that the Mayhem Members blood is worth bottling (as my Mum used to say). Its a real feelgood place. O0 O0 O0

Regards David

Stavros

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 07:47:10 pm »

Well that just restores ones faith in human nature does'nt it

Stavros

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 04:18:08 am »

All the people on this site are extremely helpful.

There are some idiots out there like me who don't always give the best advice, but there is always somebody to share alternative experiences.

I have learned so much from the help offered on this site.

Occasionally people don't get on and there is a clashing of swords, and differences of opinion. And occasionaly some of the messages could be worded better.

But everybody I have had dealings with on this site have been really helpful.

I have even met some really great chaps down at Llanberis, and I hope to meet more of you.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 03:59:19 pm »

Sorry Gentlemen that I take the opportunity and pick up the compliment from Welsh Druid.
In my opinion it should be normal to help out shipmates, if they are in need of a helping hand.
What I have done was nothing else than this, what we are here for: To help each other!
Being a member of this forum from the early beginning I had lots of nice contacts, with advice, hints and tips. Sometimes a nice "Thankyou" came on return- what else may you ask for? Some don`t have the kindness, the behaviour even to thank somebody. Did they accept it that way from others as well? Lots of quarrels would be avoyded, if we just keep the way of behave as we do and expect it in real life. Sitting here on a machine we always have to recon that on the opposite side there is a human being.

However, what Donald has written here is the biggest THANKYOU, a overwhelming compliment for something, which I would call "standard". Donalds return is worthy of a gentleman, sportsman- like, which I treat with very much respect.

Enough of that, don`t want to bore you any longer. (Cermon over)

Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.