Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing Eleventh  (Read 1687 times)

eleventh

Introducing Eleventh
« on: March 09, 2008, 01:41:54 am »

G'day all.
I finally found a model boat forum! I'm another Aussie addicted to this wonderful hobby. I have a new project in mind but first a few picks of my 'dragon' plank on rib RC sailboat to prove I'm not a complete newbie.

Right, now for what I want to build.  I'm going to need lots of advice on this one before I even get started on this baby.....

I want to build a 1:10 scale RC wakeboarding boat, complete with trailer, to tow behind my new tamiya High Lift Hilux. I plan to scratch build the whole thing with fiberglass hull and deck.

Has anyone done anything like this? Do you know where I might get plans for the hull shape (all I can find in the way of pics are waterline only or sitting on a trailer). More question to come oh and the build if anyone is interested.

bigfella

Re: Introducing Eleventh
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 11:36:02 am »

Hi Eleventh

Welcome aboard. I am unsure if anyone on the forum has attempted making such a vessel. However I am sure if they had they will make themselves known to you. Your Dragon looks a fine boat. Where abouts in Australia are you located?? Me I am on the Gold Coast. Good to see more Aussies on the forum, we may need our subsection soon O0 O0 O0

Regards David

eleventh

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:01:22 pm »

Thanks David, I'm in Brisbane. She looks great on the water but she is horrible to control, to much sail area and not enough weight in the keel, but I built it for looks anyway.

eleventh

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 09:09:06 am »

Thanks Kit, Looks like I'm going to have to CAD up the plans myself from photos.... maybe a research trip to the speed boat show in April ("but sweetheart I need to measure up a wakeboarding boat for a project I'm doing.....")

We'll see
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 19 queries.