Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > DC Motors (Brushed) and Speed Controllers

Mtronics ViperECO27 how much juice can she take?

(1/7) > >>

flybobby:
I am looking to use the above mentioned ESC with 12v supply (2x 6v gel cells).
The guy in the shop said that it would be fine, but on reading the spec sheet, it gives 4.8-9.6v input.
This is the first time I have used ESC and am a trifle wet behind the ears on the subject; can this unit be used with a 12v supply? ???

A Model World:
Hi Fly hobby

the speed controller you have bought is a car one and yes the voltage on the sheet is maximum 9.6V you will fry it at 12 volt? ?there is no reason it wont work in a boat but maximum 9.6 v? the 27 bit stands for the number of turns on a car motor and as such there is no correlating graph with boats as they generally have motors that are anp rated. If you told the shop it was for 12volts then take it back you need an mtroniks Viper 15 at the very least,? this will run 4.8 to 12 volts the 15 in this case stands for amps which I cannot answer with the info given as to whether 15 will be enough amps

The eco 27 is now old stock incidentally as it is all viper nowadays trust this helps it wont be branded viper and eco or it shouldnt be??

flybobby:
Thanks for that, the shop has mis-sold me that then, will be taking it back. :o

barriew:
Make sure you get a Marine model - car ones don't always have reverse!

Barrie

Peterm:
Get the Viper 15,  Pete M

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version