Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying CDs  (Read 2195 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Copying CDs
« on: March 13, 2008, 06:32:31 pm »

Can anyone point me to a decent CD/DVD copier? I have "Nero 6" but it acknowledges that there are compatibility problems when used with Windows XP (home edition). The built in Windows thingy takes forever when doing 6 copies of the same disc. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

barryfoote

Re: Copying CDs
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 07:17:39 pm »

Bryan,

Try Nero Express. I have used it for some time with no problem at all. It is fairly quick and I have never had a cpmpatability problem. I run Windows XP.

Barry

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 07:33:13 pm »

bry, I use Nero smart all the time and never have any probs and have the option to burn at 48x speed down to 2x speed, i have others installed but prefer Nero,,,,, on windows xp professional      O0

wbeedie

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 09:37:50 pm »

All the above are similar versions of the same program wih different programs best thing you could is upgrade to Nero 8 with all the above and very easy to work

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 10:23:21 pm »

I have Vista and the default copy option is dreadful although you can change it. Microsoft thought they were making improvements and they weren't!

botchit

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 10:47:33 am »

for dvd i use dvd shrink from afterdawn. its freeware, good copies. afterdawn also have some good audio stuff too .
Regards Botchit

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 11:34:32 am »

DVD Shrink2 used in conjunction with DVD Decryter will copy anything at all, regardless of how much it is protected, and they are both free..................

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 12:32:13 pm »

Ashampoo burning studio.  Sits there and works.  Boring.  Often available as a time limited free download.  I found mine via www.vnunet.com
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 05:58:00 pm »

It would appear that the problem lies with the "InCD" part of Nero. Now I can't get rid of the thing and for some reason I keep getting spams from Nero (first ever from anybody) telling me to buy their new version...with no prices quoted. If any business wants my order for anything I want to know how much it will cost me. This "prices on application" malarkey is an affront and should be banned from appearing in adverts. Spheres to them all. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 07:35:11 pm »

Bryan

Most mail from companies you've had dealings with, in this case downloading the free version, has an unsubscribe tag at the bottom, usually in small print. Clicking on that should stop the unwanted stuff.

HTH

Doug
Don't Assume Check

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 08:34:35 am »

If a program I no longer want either doesn't have an uninstaller, or it doesnt appear in the add/remove list in control panel, I kill it off by finding it in its folder, wiping the folder, and then using a registry cleaner to tidy the loose ends.  That and looking for any references to it in the startup list.  I use a free registry cleaner called "eusing", and a free startup cleaner called "startup inspector for windows". 
I get my freebie downloads via sites like
www.vnunet.com
and
www.majorgeeks.com
Sometimes, doing computer housekeeping is more effective if the computer is running in safe mode.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 03:48:40 pm »

Hi Brian
i also use nero express for my cd's but another one to try is roxio i think the latest is version 10. ,both easy to use and if your doing dvd's then dvd rip willsort any copywrite probs  .Oh and all work well on vista ,no probs yet.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 23 queries.