Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted - the nice chap who was going to make me a website  (Read 1864 times)

RipSlider

Wanted - the nice chap who was going to make me a website
« on: March 14, 2008, 12:42:30 am »

hello.

Are you the very nice chap who runs a website design company with your son?

we traded a few PM's, a couple of phone calls, and then a v.lovely looking lady called Jane got in contact with you to make a travel website.

Anywho, for some reason I no longer have your PM's and also, regretably, can not remember your screen name, for which I apologies as it is rude.

Please could you remind me who you are with a PM as I wish to give you some money in return for a website.

Thanks

Steve

ps -  if, however, the nice chap was from a different forum, then please could he join *THIS* forum, and then drop me a PM, as it's late and i'm not going trawling to all the different forums I'm a member of - especially as I'm at least 80% convinced he's a member of this specific forum.

pps --  On thinking about this a little deeper, this post probably isn't very interesting to the vast majority of members of this site. - I suggest tea. And maybe a biscut. Perhaps a bourbon cream as they are the biscut of kings.

Red_Hamish

• Full Mayhemer
  • Have a wee dram and enjoy life
    • Edinburgh Model Boat Club
Re: Wanted - the nice chap who was going to make me a website
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 10:50:28 pm »

Hello Steve, no I'm not the chap who runs a web hosting & web site building company but a very happy customer of http://www.designsmartuk.com/ who designed and host the website of the company for whom I work. The website which they enabled from my design brief is www.johnsmithaberdeen.co.uk the account manager who I deal with is Phil Lines and a very heplful chap too. I make no apology as I am a very satisfied customer and yes this is a blatant plug for DesignSmart based in Kent at the opposite end of the country but very quick to respond to my needs.

cheers

Jim Beattie

p.s, Yes you may drop my name into the conversation you might have with Phil  O0
Visit www.paddleducks.co.uk & www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org.uk for all your model boating needs!
See what life is all about www.visitshetland.com/sumburgh-airport-live-video This is the pace of life that the doctors prescribe, so laid back that you

Big Ada

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 05:19:52 pm »

Hi Steve,
Why not make your own FREE! one.
Try freewebs.

Len.

OMK

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 06:25:05 pm »

...or you might consider writing your own HTML code using nothing more that the simple Notepad editor which comes bundled with every version of Windows. Failing that, one of my bro's uses software called Dreamweaver. He swears by that, but it's all horses for courses. Personally I prefer to use the good old Notepad method since it's more of a 'hands-on' thing.
If it's any help, here's a link that gives you pretty much all the HTML and scripts you're ever likely to encounter.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/

Good luck with your quest.

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 06:43:13 pm »

Looks like a good resource PMK, save me a trip to the library every time I want to upgrade the club web site . Ta.

Doug
Don't Assume Check
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.