Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edinburgh Inverleath Pond  (Read 2207 times)

pakirk

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.rcmodelworkshop.com
Edinburgh Inverleath Pond
« on: July 15, 2006, 12:17:54 am »

Hi all
I went to my old pond in Edinburgh MB Inverleath Pond lats weekend.
The pond was drained and some work being done to it. It looked as thouth the pathway between the large and small pond was being removed.

Can any of my old friends from EMBC tell me what is going on?

Eddy Matthews

Re: Edinburgh Inverleath Pond
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 12:19:56 am »

For up to date info on the Inverleith pond, goto the EMBC website and check out their forum... http://www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org/index1.htm

Regards
Eddy

ajg141

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 12:03:51 pm »

Nice to hear from a former member. The good news is that Inverleith pond is being re-furbished. We have for some years been suffering from a build up of detritus from the swans and other sharers of the pond. This caused the water to become almost a sludge and the dreaded green algae pre-dominated. The water levels have at times dropped so low that sailing had become almost impossible at certain times of the year.The Council areinvesting a great deal of money on the work and we are grateful that they have responded to our requests and those of the Friends of Inverleith.
The old concrete causeway has been demolished and a new wooden one will be built to allow water to flow from a new inlet in the 'small' pond into the large one. A reed bed will be installed in the small pond to filter the water and give protection to the smaller birds. A new feeder for the inlet is being built to bring water from a natural spring further up the park. All the mud and rocks in the main pond are being removed and the pond edges are to be re-built. Work is also to be undertaken to improve the sluice where the water exits into the culverted river. The work is due to be completed by the beginning of August.
Once completed this should once again be a showpiece pond. The Club are in the meantime sailing on Sundays at Lochrin Basin - off Lower Gilmore Place and courtesy of British Waterways. You are welcome to come up any Sunday after about 11.00am.

Andrew
(EMBC Treasurer)

pakirk

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.rcmodelworkshop.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 11:13:24 pm »

HI all.
Thanks for the reply. Good news for the pond, thats great. Nice Web Site.
Next time Im in Edinburgh I will pop along and say hello.
Yours.
Anthony Kirk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.