Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FORMIDABLE  (Read 4350 times)

formidable

• Shipmate
FORMIDABLE
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:57:23 pm »

I have a herring fishing boat FORMIDABLE LT 100 . Does anyone know anything about it. Plus who made the kit thanks. 8)

KEMO

Re: FORMIDABLE
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:45:31 pm »

Hiya,
      John Hemmens did a kit which can now be found at 

www.historicsteammodels.com

also a remarkable book all about the building of the real Formidable can be found in

From Tree to Sea by Ted Frost

a truely amazing book, highly recommended.

Keith.

Billyruffian

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 09:28:07 am »

If it's the one that I had given to me, then it's made by Mardon Models back in the 1980's when Tom Gorman was a director of the company.  2 versions were made.  One has a GRP hull and the other was POF. 

I have the GRP version, the kit is almost complete and what was missing was brilliantly explained to me my Tom Gorman himself - a real gent.

I believe historic models purchased some of the plans from Mardon - but I may be wrong in this.

It is definitely a true modellers model as opposed to the kits on the market today.  Most of the timber is roughly cut to shape leaving the modeller to finish shape and fit.

Fantastic quality though and will make a great looking model when I get the chance to complete it.

Hope this is of help.

japottinger

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 08:50:19 pm »

I am never quite sure which came first, my plan in MB or kit.
I drew a very detailed model plan which was published in Model boats in a two part article.

formidable

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 10:03:29 pm »

Its a boat i bought  at child beale a couple of years ago. I love it so thanks for all your help and i will try to find the book or order it at the library.THANKS.

formidable

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 10:09:24 pm »

KEMO You were spot on thanks to all of you 8) 8)

john hemmens

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:22:31 am »

:) Subject "Formidable LT 100".

I am still producing kits of the above and these can be seen on my web pages,

John, I have removed the contact details as you only seem to be using this forum for free advertising. All your previous posts have included your products. I am sure with your experience you could offer some advice to members. Alternatively you could only advertise and sponsor this site. It is very unfair to those who do pay to advertise on this forum.

Bob

john hemmens 

formidable

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 09:56:43 pm »

I think thats very rude of you to accuse me of that. each time i posted it was for information which i thanked who answered.    The boat FORMIDABLE LT100 is mine and i have no interest in selling it to you or anybody else.As regards selling a kit i have never seen one thats why i asked about it Kemo led me to the right site and i thanked him Yours i never want to hear about again

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 10:05:03 pm »

Formidable,

May I suggest you read the offending post again. I think you will find its is most definitely not aimed at you.

Colin H.
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

formidable

• Shipmate
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 10:52:41 am »

Sorry Colin i jumped the gun it made me angry but reading it now i calmed down i owe you all an apology sorry 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.