The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Submarines

Type XXI Static Diving

(1/3) > >>

tugmad:
 :-\Has anybody coverted a type XXI to static dive ? is it possible to fit a pump and bladder or Engel dive system once the boat is completed?as I seem to have a hell of a job to get mine to dive even when nearly fully awash she has to go so fast that I run out of room on the lake.
many thanks.      ::) george.

cbr900:
George,

Mine is a static diver, but it is not a kit built it myself, and made my own WTC and it works perfectly, you don't need to spend large amounts of cash buying WTC's as they are quite simple to produce....................

Roy

robbo770:
I converted my from the outset, but it is easily converted after assembly with an Engel tnk, get a 750 tank to give you control then depending on what battiries you use you may have to add a bit more keel weight to get her to sit right, i run slightly below water line, as lets face it no sub ever ran at this level, most ran full decks awash to allow faster dive from detection.

see the website below as full pictures of build ad upgrade show.

cheers Rob

Sub driver:
George,

I have a XX1 converted with an Engel tank , there is acres of space inside the pressure hull as it is larger than the U-47 , I would go for the 825ml tank the 750 is ok for the U-47 but as I said earlier the pressure hull on the XX1 is larger therefore you will need a tank of a larger volume in order to get the waterline something like scale.

Here is a pic of an 825 installed in mine as you can see loads of space  O0

Regards Sub.

robbo770:
watch your tank position as the bracket holding the motor will give you problems in the tube that high up in the tray, I speak from experience as changed mine with burrgen adapter  for 12 volt 385 5 pole to solve the clearance issues!!

Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version