Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MIA members  (Read 1635 times)

bigfella

MIA members
« on: March 16, 2008, 08:55:46 pm »

Hi All

I know that this may seam trivial. Some regular members just stop posting and I was wondering how you could find out to see that they were OK and to find out about their welfare. Not that I am a nosey old so and so, just that some may be unwell and no one would know. Or is it my sensitive caring side showing.

Regards David

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
Re: MIA members
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 12:17:37 pm »

David,

We all wished PMK well a couple of weeks ago but since we have heard nothing, is he still with us or has he fell of the pearch..................

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 01:49:29 pm »

Hi All

I know that this may seam trivial. Some regular members just stop posting and I was wondering how you could find out to see that they were OK and to find out about their welfare. Not that I am a nosey old so and so, just that some may be unwell and no one would know. Or is it my sensitive caring side showing.

Regards David

Hi David
If you click on their name at the left, it will take you to their profile.
Some profiles have an email address you could contact them direct.

If not you can try to PM them. Some people may stop posting regularly but still look in. And they will see they have a message.

Or
As has been done in the past. Put up a post with a topic of. Has anybody heard from Captain Pugwash recently? I was wondering if he was OK.

Just some thoughts.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

chingdevil

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 02:20:57 pm »

Roy
PMK has not fallen off the perch he is still posting on the forum. I agree with TigerTiger either PM them or put a message up on the Chit Chat section. A lot of Mayhemers know each other through clubs, so someone might pop up and say they have seen them.

Brian

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 06:43:51 pm »

David is right, some people can drop off the radar without anyone noticing. While many people are in tough with other Mayhemmers through clubs, some are relatively isolated. Not quite sure what you can do about it though. Sometimes people just lose interest and stop posting because they've moved on.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 07:06:20 pm »

Dear Colin,

Always a difficult matter. Sometimes people just want to stop and don't want to continue... and don't want to hear from anybody either. Experience proves that if one doesn't hear from people they are best left alone - they will come back as and when they want to.

Regards, Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.