Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PARIS MODEL SHOW, EASTER WEEKEND  (Read 2354 times)

Roger in France

PARIS MODEL SHOW, EASTER WEEKEND
« on: March 17, 2008, 10:44:11 am »

I shall attend the Show again this year and hope to take plenty of photographs for Mayhem (Martin willing).

If any other Mayhemmers are going and would like to meet for a chat and a glass of wine (on me!) then please PM me.

Roger in France.

tonysmoke

• Full Mayhemer
Re: PARIS MODEL SHOW, EASTER WEEKEND
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:59:56 pm »

O0 hi roger sorry paris is a no go this year, but hope to make poitiers , when we get info there will be 6or7 from jersey, 
t le b

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:17:42 pm »

When is Poitiers and what sort of show is it?

tonysmoke

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:18:33 pm »

:embarrassed: hi never been to poiters  I'm told it is very good, i think roger can help with this come on roger help please,
t le b

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 09:22:52 pm »

Apart from model boating shows, Poitiers is also famous for its Futuroscope theme park. I have been there twice and it is quite mind blowing. Well worth a visit.

http://www.futuroscope.com/eng/index.php

Colin

Roger in France

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 06:51:39 am »

Poitiers Show is in the autumn, but there is little forwarning of dates. I will keep the Forum informed as best I can. It is about 1hr 30 east of me.

A good show of medium size covering all aspects of modelling. The venue is 15mins. west of the city but I do not think there is any public transport, again I will find out. The airport is close by. Parking is good.

There is an excellent outdoor pool with a miniature harbour and lighthouse. Some permenant buildings and several marquees. I posted some photos. 2 years ago.

Don't miss the sit down lunch....super food shared on communal tables, very cheap. Buy your lunch tickets when you buy your entry ticket.

Roger in France.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 07:21:13 am »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 07:54:20 am »

Roger,

Is the Paris show always Easter, or do the dates just mean that this year it coincides with Easter?  I had hoped to visit one year, but my daughter will always be working at Easter, so there is no point visiting her.

Barrie

Roger in France

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 02:09:14 pm »

Yes, always Easter weekend. Pity you can't make it as it is a very, very big show covering every aspect of modelling you can think of. There is a good trader presence (including at least one from the UK - forgotten their name) . The big players like Graupner and Futaba are present. There are some vast bring and buy stalls on the Sunday but these are largely railway models (and what prices!) or cars.

Last year was the first time the show went to Le Bourget (the old Paris airport which now has a vast exhibition space + a Space Exploration exhibition) it was not so popular or so well served or attended. It is there again this year so I reserve my judgement as I said (last year) I would not go this year. But hey, 3 days on your own in Paris! In previous years it has been at the Exhibition Ground on the Paris Inner Ring Road which was better all round.

Roger in France.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 05:27:56 pm »

Thanks Roger - I'll have to try and twist her arm to get some time off - not this year though its too late for that.

Barrie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.