Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebuilding Avenger cat... CMB90 or Zenoah....?  (Read 2086 times)

Kev

Rebuilding Avenger cat... CMB90 or Zenoah....?
« on: March 17, 2008, 09:33:01 pm »

Got my Avenger up for sale, but it's sat here looking at me....   ::)

The bugs biting again....

I've got a CMB90 to put in it but the thought of going back to nitro is haunting me after being used to the ease of a Zenoah.

Very tempted to try to swap the CMB, but then I think of the power it chucks out... (but a nitro is such a pain compared to a Zen...   aaarrggghhh)  :o
Soooo..... what do you reckon? Should I use the CMB90 or try to swap it for a Zenoah? I'm on a very very limited budget  {-)

HELP!!!

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
Re: Rebuilding Avenger cat... CMB90 or Zenoah....?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 09:41:54 pm »

If it comes down to budget. i would always go with the sparky. cheap, sorry, cheaper to run and maintain.  if its out and out power stick with the cmb. but you dont have to carry around a boot full of fuel and starting equipment with a zen

Nitro fuel is ridiculous. they can run really well with a modded zen, i know a man who can breath on it for you as well.

BW

Simon
Rubbin is Racin!

Kev

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 10:07:33 pm »

If I had the two engines in front of me then I'd definately drop the Zen in, no doubt about it, I love 'em, sooooooooo much easier and you don't have to think 'Oooh, the suns gone behind a cloud, I'd best retune it'  {-) (Well, not quite that bad but I'm sure you know what I mean...)
Just stop at Texaco on the way to the lake, fill the can, shake in the oil, fill the tank and..... er... that's it...   {-)

Don't suppose anyone wants to swap a Zen 260 for my CMB.....   O0

omra85

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 10:46:24 pm »

See how soft you've gotten, Kev  {-)
In the "good" old days the only thing you needed was a clothes peg wired to a 2 volt cyclon and a boot lace!
You could start anything with that, given a few hours - but you did get free blisters and the chance to 'accidentally' whip the bloke in the next pit  O0 {-) {-) {-)
Go with the CMB and save your petrol for the mower  :o
Danny

Kev

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 10:58:18 pm »

Ha ha!!  Yeah, I remember battling for hours trying to get a Merco 61 started with a leather strap  {-)  Starting my old Mardave car (and stocker too) was a lot easier with an upside Raleigh Chopper though! (Don't think a flywheel sticking through the bottom of a boat would be very practical)
Cyclon? Luxury!! I had to keep buying big old Every Ready dry things, the ones with big brass tabs on them....

Erm.... I started young, honest!!    ::)

Kev

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 07:58:25 pm »

Well, I'm afraid the Zenoah won  {-)  (Easy life wins every time....)

So, rebuild time.
I've not had this on the water before, I acquired it in it's damaged state. In fact it's my first large cat, had a modified electric one (still got it somewhere...) and an F1 tunnel with an OS outboard and large monos but never one of these. So should be a giggle  :D

I'm trying to do it without any financial outlay whatsoever (other than fuel tank), just trying to trade other boat stuff I have for what I need.

Already got:
Hull (haha, no **** Sherlock!)
Engine, header and pipe (on it's way)
Strut, brackets and flexi
Collet

Need:
Engine mounts
Rudder
Prop
erm....think that's it, you can bet it's not though....

Go on, what've I forgotten?  {-)

bigtee

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 04:01:55 pm »

kev  can you either mail me or ring me ................ not happy with some one  >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(
tony
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.