Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: looking to build a Trent class lifeboat in a 1-12 scale  (Read 6425 times)

crzydoyle11

looking to build a Trent class lifeboat in a 1-12 scale
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:12:32 am »

On the front of the web Paige on Mathem in the list (Your Models) there is a man named Andy Iannetta he build the Trent class lifeboat in a 1-12 scale where do you get that size Boat. I look on Model Slipway comes in a 1-32 scale. and I also look in Harbor Models as well that is close at a 1-16 scale. Can any one answer this Question for me Please thank you.

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: looking to build a Trent class lifeboat in a 1-12 scale
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 11:30:51 am »

speedline models make the 1:12th scale http://www.speedline-models.com
model slipway make the 1:16th scale http://www.modelslipway.com/
hope this helps

explorer750

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 06:47:12 pm »

May sound a stupid question but is the difference between them, just the amount of detail? The price difference is £576 this can't be just fitting.

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 11:23:55 pm »

a couple of inches in the basic models.
The speedline models is SUPER detailed
the modelslipway is very well detailed also but not to
the same degree.

My choice would be Model slipway a company who I have had dealings with
before and found to be good value for money.
This is not a slur on speedlines offering!! I looked at their models at blackpool and
they are excellent but I have never had any actual dealings with them and cannot
comment on their models to the same extent as model slipway

nhp651

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 08:28:07 pm »

I owned a Speedline kit,but due to time restraints realised I wouldn't get to build it and passed it on.
Unlike the Slipway trent, which has booklets of instructions, the Speedline has prescious little in the way of instructions and is classed as a semi kit.
However IT IS STUPENDOUS,and the quality of the kit, the grp mouldings, the white metal fittings and (oh just thinking about them)the brass and stainless stee etchings are quite superb.
If you buy the whole lot at the same time it is (depending on what you think of and want out of your hobby) expensive , but when you think of the hours of pleasure that it will give this probably works out at 30pence an hour. not a great deal for the pleasure it will bring.
BUT IT'S NOT FOR A BEGINNER,but niether is the slipway trent either.
go for it, you won't regret it, like I regret selling mine.neil.

colin-stevens

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 08:52:01 pm »

just to throw in a curvre ball, speedline now do a 1/16th Severn. the quality and detail, from what i have seen, and Knowing adrian, is out of this world. he has even premade the stanchions for you, think he said that was the most difficult part as they are such a feature. have a gander at speedlines site. yes its pricey compared to some others, but you get what you pay for and this is cutting edge
colin
grumpy old XXX

explorer750

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 10:15:07 am »

You could mix and match some of the detail parts from the speedline kit on to the model slipway boat, as they are all available separately.

typhoon

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 10:04:49 am »

i have built both, the speedline and the slipway trents. the speedline trent is magnificent however it is very big and expensive. but saying that you can buy the hull and superstructure to begin with and spread the rest of the kit over a period of time. model slipway does some 1/12 fittings. like the gentleman said before you dont get any real instructions. i built mine from mainly photos. yes the kit is quality. sadly i sold it 18 months ago becouse it was a very big boat however a real crowd puller. the slipway is also a nice boat and a great size which easly fits in my boot of my car, aithough the kit is very good. not for the bigginner i must say, its a bit fragile but its a very well detail boat and value for money. i hope this helps. the choice is yours.

crzydoyle11

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 11:25:58 am »

Thanks guy's for your input on this boat" I like to put bigger boats only because I have FAT"  {-)  hands and have a very hard time with the smaller boat's. After I finish with Aziz boat that I am putting together right now. I think I will be going with the speedline as typhoon lay out for me. I like your Ida put together some of the boat and than buy some of the fittings as you go a long with the build. Again Great input form everyone Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.