Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENTS  (Read 1558 times)

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENTS
« on: March 20, 2008, 03:38:22 pm »

Hi all

try this one......  :P   I had ordered some modelling materials from a nice guy who is based in Cornwall this morning.  What happened was.... I am just busy setting the motors and speed controllers up and running them in - at the moment they do sound a little bit like three Merlin's running - Mrs is on the computer next to me - I am in dreamland - racing across the lake with me model - Mrs hands me the phone - I couldnt tell what she was saying - I dropped the phone bang on top of the motors  :embarrassed: consequently the guy on the other end just thought he had rang a noisy Engine Room up - anyway, when I rang him back - he said he thought he'd had got through to a rattly old engine! laugh embarrassment yet....I hope the poor soul isnt deaf now...I might get me order in three weeks time along with a pair of ear muffs - and maybe a 'hands free' set.  {-) {-) {-) {-) :D ::)

aye
john e
bluebird
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

bigH

Re: YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENTS
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 04:10:49 pm »

>:(   When I was a young man, (just after the ww2)  at 17yrs of age I fancied myself as a bit of a lad with my fists and started training as a boxer.
        After a year of some very hard training I was finally given my first amateur fight, 'Boy', was I the lad, at middleweight I reckoned that I could take on Joe Louis.
        My opponent had just come up a class from light- m/weight and was shorter than me by some 6 or 7nches and seeing him the ring opposite me I just knew that I was  going to wallop him, I bounced around the ring soaking up the applause and cheers from my mates, the ref; called us into the center, sent us to our corners, the bell went for the first round,I turned , snarled, squared up and***** :embarrassed:   :embarrassed:   :embarrassed:   :embarrassed:   :embarrassed:
 When I woke I asked if anyone had got the number of the bus that had hit me, I did not even see the punch that he had hit me with, but never mind I had frightened him, I was out for 3 hrs and he thought he had killed me.    That was the end of my boxing career, my bragging, my Jack the lad attitude and my new girlfriend...........
  Harry

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 04:37:32 pm »

Hi all

try this one......  :P   I had ordered some modelling materials from a nice guy who is based in Cornwall this morning.  What happened was.... I am just busy setting the motors and speed controllers up and running them in - at the moment they do sound a little bit like three Merlin's running - Mrs is on the computer next to me - I am in dreamland - racing across the lake with me model - Mrs hands me the phone - I couldnt tell what she was saying - I dropped the phone bang on top of the motors  :embarrassed: consequently the guy on the other end just thought he had rang a noisy Engine Room up - anyway, when I rang him back - he said he thought he'd had got through to a rattly old engine! laugh embarrassment yet....I hope the poor soul isnt deaf now...I might get me order in three weeks time along with a pair of ear muffs - and maybe a 'hands free' set.  {-) {-) {-) {-) :D ::)

aye
john e
bluebird
Don't worry John they will soon stop sounding like Merlins
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 10:57:29 am »

This an embarrasing confession which also carries with it a technically useful bit of info. A couple of weeks ago, a friend telephoned me for a chat and as I was in the middle of doing something, I clipped the portable battery phone to my shirt collar and now 'hands free', was able to continue working and holding a conversation. As the conversation was lenghty, and I was already busting for the loo I wandered off to the Kahzie, still chatting as I 'went' (youv'e guessed this already). Just as I concluded my 'waterworks', the phone decided it was time for a bath and leapt from my collar to perform a very artistic swan dive staight into the 'pool'......! ???
As I hadn't actually reached the flushing stage of my ablutions, I stared at the phone in the bottom of the bog in dis belief and as SWMBO was out, hurled many expletives in the direction of the bog. I was tempted to flush the thing but had visions of it getting jammed in the bend or worse still ,the sewer pipe, so  had no option but to fish the thing out......  up went the sleeves , out camethe phone, qquick look round, no SWMBO so  more cursing aplenty. >>:-(
This is where it gets technically interesting and I refer to another thread where we discussed the best way to treat drowned radio equipment . The proceedure was as follows, turn on the hot tap, fill washhand basin with warm water whilst shaking surplus nasty stuff from the phone. Remove battery and chuck the whole lot in the warm water. After much swilling around and rinsing out, the unit was shaken dry as much as possible and immediately placed in the casing of the workshop heating boiler and left for 24 hours. I would normally immerse this type of equipment in alchohol first but didn't have any.
Next day, battery back in phone and hey presto.... one fully functional phone! O0
I noticed on switch on, there was a message on the anwering service, it was the friend I had been speaking to at the time of the mishap stating that there was a strange noise and that he had 'lost me'. We had a ruddy good laugh at this one but I have to say, even although the phone still works, I don't quite feel the same about using it any more! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.