Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: FORMULA 1 (F1) Grand Prix - 2009  (Read 5455 times)

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
Re: F1 Racing returns to BBC in 2009
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 10:10:53 am »

I think the Beeb will be able to choose who they like. Hamster would be a great frontman (even though he'd get some extra stick on Top Gear from F1-hating Clarkson), but they'd also be able to poach Martin Brundle, surely. Suzi Perry would be great in the paddock (those with dirty minds can make up their own meaning for that!  ;)) and DC would have all those contacts. I'd like to see Murray back now and then for a special or two, like the British GP.

And no ruddy adverts!

Andy
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

Faraday's Cage

• Full Mayhemer
  • Change is inevitable, except from a drinks machine
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2008, 10:27:41 am »

All the european races start at 1pm GMT
Just correcting my mistake.  :-X
The european races usually at 1pm BST

formidable

• Shipmate
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 08:23:12 pm »

How can the fastest car fastest driver start at the front be fare.I dont think they would do that in horse racing {-) {-)

hopeitfloats

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 08:30:32 am »

good point that. tends to lead to a predictable finish. the only real chance of leads changing (excluding crashes etc.)  at most circuits are during pitstops.  reverse grid. now that would add excitement and probably carnage.  theres something about F1 though that keeps me watching and has done for years. every now and again there is a brilliant race and i would hate to miss it.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2008, 01:21:44 pm »

But how to get any honesty into a reverse grid?  Practice timings are an indicator, but if the slowest was put at the front, everybody would be practice timing as slow as possible.  Possibly points for practice positions plus a two part race with points for each and a reverse grid for part two.
There are still cars and drivers that show well in practice, but cant compete over the full race, but even so.....Hopefully the reduction in electronic driving will turn it back into racing.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2008, 04:01:19 pm »

I think that in club racing if there is a handicap race then your lap times during the race may not exceed a certain percentage of your best practice time and this could possible be put into force for GP's with the reverse grid.
What do you think?
Alan

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2008, 04:07:46 pm »

How to get honesty into a reverse grid? Decide whether it's normal or reversed by the flip of a coin - after qualifying has fnished. I suppose everyone might try to get into a mid-grip position, but that's what most of the teams end up with anyway.
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 04:33:03 pm »

What about reverse grid from the previous race results?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

formidable

• Shipmate
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 09:48:03 pm »

Would wider longer straights less sharp curves but certainly more places to overtake add to the excitement ;)

Proteus

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 09:58:34 pm »

Why not go the Liberal route as they have in schools for sports days , where no one looses and give them all a cup at the start,

maybe when MAX the lash Mosley goes we will get back to real racing with big tyres and Ferrari having the same rules as the rest,

Fredy

hopeitfloats

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2008, 10:24:53 am »

any news on mosley yet. last i heard was he was to be summoned to a meeting for a vote of does he go or does he stay.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008, 10:52:30 am »

From The Times
April 18, 2008
Bernie Ecclestone wants Max Mosley to accept defeat

Kevin Eason, The Insider

The public stance has been one of constant support in the face of blistering worldwide condemnation, but behind the closed doors of his offices in London's fashionable district of Kensington, Bernie Ecclestone is turning up the pressure to resign on Max Mosley, his old friend and the president of the FIA, Formula One's governing body.

Ecclestone, who could claim to be the creator of the modern Formula One, is increasingly alarmed at the reaction to tabloid tales of Mosley's alleged Nazi orgy with five prostitutes. The Mosley affair even cast a shadow over the funeral on Wednesday of Richard Lloyd, the motor racing entrepreneur who died in a plane crash last month. Some of the most famous names in motor racing - including Damon Hill and John Watson, the former drivers - were in the church in Brackley, Northamptonshire, and then met in the British Racing Drivers' Club (BRDC) at Silverstone, where there was one hot topic of conversation.

Overwhelming opinion at the BRDC was that Mosley must stop fighting his corner and go with some dignity. One close friend of Ecclestone said last night: “President Mosley is in danger of becoming motor racing's President Mugabe.”

The drip, drip of unrest from within the boardrooms of some of Formula One's big sponsors is also having an effect. Ecclestone did not become a billionaire building Formula One into box-office business without being astute and his soundings tell him that the time has come for Mosley to accept defeat.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

hopeitfloats

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2008, 09:03:12 am »

lets hope he listens and goes with whatever dignity he has left

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
FORMULA 1 (F1) Grand Prix - 2009
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2008, 05:40:02 pm »

We'll put everything here this year.  :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

das boot

Re: FORMULA 1 (F1) Grand Prix - 2009
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2008, 06:10:23 pm »

I'll not be watching F1 any longer, I'll be glued instead to the drag racing (gonna treat myself to Sky TV) That and the tractor pulling...far more exciting than watching boy's toys poodling around the track.

Spedeworth used to operate a reverse grid system, I remember watching the likes of Foxy Dance in the stock cars, George Polley and Barry Lee in hot rods having to fight through the whole grid from the back, now that made for loads of overtaking. Foxy Dance would overtake where others wouldn't dare to overtake...brilliant stuff.

Rich
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.