Masterclasses > Welcome to the Mayhem Build Masterclasses

Welcome to the Mayhem Build Masterclasses

<< < (2/4) > >>

Martin (Admin):
I agree, a masterpiece and it's nearly there - "Entries in this section will generally deal with complete build projects only"

roger:
Hi Martin,

May I suggest that your Moderating Team consider Bryan Young’s Northumbrian as an appropriate addition to the Mayhem Build Masterclass section?

I’m sure no-one could dispute that Bryan’s reports easily meet your first two criteria of being both instructional and informative, but, for me, his project of turning the “turtle” into a superb fully equipped operational Tyne Ferry is a outstanding inspiration for us all.

His pictures and text show that he is as skilled with the story as he is in the workshop; his craftsmanship seems exemplary and rarely matched by many of us with two good eyes; his creativity and innovation frequently had me wondering “why didn’t I think of that?”; but, especially, his gritty determination makes me ashamed to admit how often I have been discouraged by relatively trivial setbacks.

No, I’ve never met him, and I only know him through his particularly entertaining build reports here which I ‘couldn’t put down’ just a few days ago. And he’s definitely not my dad (as far as I know!), but if he’s looking for an orphan to adopt I’d happily volunteer!

Regards,
Jolly Roger

Perkasaman2:
Second that! The Northumbrian is a masterly reconstruction - a well deserved nomination. 

tigertiger:
***Thank you for this***
The team will take it under consideration

pugwash:
Mods, Having seen theNorthumbrian in the flesh as it were I can tell you it is a work of great skill and worthy of a build masterclass insertion.
I have to add I do know Bryan and have seen the other boats in his fleet all of which testify to a standard of building far above the average.
Geoff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version