Masterclasses > 63 FOOT RAF AIR SEA RESCUE LAUNCH

Q & A - 63 FOOT RAF AIR SEA RESCUE LAUNCH by Bluebird

<< < (2/19) > >>

Martin13:

--- Quote from: Bluebird on March 25, 2008, 11:36:49 am ---Hi there Martin - in response to your queries....

First of all - painting the planks - I myself would have loved to have left the mahogany showing and just with a coating of Epoxy - because, before I painted her, you would think she had been French Polished (the boat not the Mrs )  :)  but to keep in with authenticity of the model; we have had to paint her.

In certain lighting, looking along the hull, one can make out some individual planks along the side which you sometimes can see in the life sized boats.

With regards to props and rudders - there should be somewhere on your plans mention of position of motors in the hull.     O0   If not, though, will have to look for some photographs/other drawings either on the web or in the books, which we can use and scale up to suit your drawings and take the dimensions from there.   Although, having said that, are you going to make your hull a 'single screw' or are you going to go for the 'triple screw' ??.

Aye
John
Bluebird  O0

--- End quote ---

Hi John,

I new I had missed something about the mahogany being painted.

As for the propshafts and rudders, I intend building as three screws.
The drawings show the location of the gas turbine engines , gearboxes, exhausts etc, but weeing I do not have the technical prowess with the real boat - am a little confused. Don't worry about chasing down pic's as I have about 35 photo's of the beast when she was first laid down with a couple showing props and rudders.

I will send CD with the plans -

Thanks again

Martin doon under

Martin13:

--- Quote from: Martin13 on March 25, 2008, 07:20:48 pm ---[boats.

--- End quote ---

The drawings show the location of the gas turbine engines , gearboxes, exhausts etc, but weeing I do not have the technical prowess with the
Martin doon under
[/quote]

Sorry, early morning finger problems - weeing should have read as "seeing". Now why did the spell checker not pick up that error  >>:-(

Martin doon under

Proteus:

The drawings show the location of the gas turbine engines , gearboxes, exhausts etc,
Martin doon under

I did not think the boat Bluebird was building had Gas turbines? or are we talking about Two different boats ? :D

fredy

Martin13:

--- Quote from: Proteus on March 25, 2008, 09:39:49 pm ---
The drawings show the location of the gas turbine engines , gearboxes, exhausts etc,
Martin doon under

I did not think the boat Bluebird was building had Gas turbines? or are we talking about Two different boats ? :D

fredy

--- End quote ---

Sorry Proteus,

Yes, I was actually talking about my boat HMS Brave Borderer. apologies for the confusion :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Martin doon under

Proteus:
Yea no problem  Martin , I was just a bit confused (doesent take a lot with me). I kept reading the topic and thought I was missing something, it was as much for you than  me that I posted. no need to apologise

fredy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version