Masterclasses > 63 FOOT RAF AIR SEA RESCUE LAUNCH

Q & A - 63 FOOT RAF AIR SEA RESCUE LAUNCH by Bluebird

<< < (18/19) > >>

Martin (Admin):

Excellent!    :-))

--- Quote from: tghsmith on August 21, 2016, 12:34:44 am ---I scratch built one of these boats in 1986,1/24th scale.. with a dremel as the most advances tool I had at the time.. now that I have some more advanced tools, the advances in motors,ESC's,batteries and 3D printing.. It's time to build another this time 1/16th.. I've had the plans and wood waiting for a couple of months.. been doing lots of photo research(all I had was plans and the Airfix 1/72 model kit the first time)have gathered a few books.. So it was time to make some sawdust and shavings..

--- End quote ---

tghsmith:
some of the photos show the planks on the deck fairly well, thinking about a thin plywood sub-deck that will be glassed and then adding pre epoxy coated planks to achieve the look..  link to more on this build   http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2581824

tghsmith:
first layer planks about done, starting to see those great lines of the hull..

Onetenor:
 Really good . Second layer opposite way ?

tghsmith:
yes, the double diagonal as in the prototype construction, once both layers are in place the hull will be cut free from the building board, thinned epoxy poured and brushed on the inside (no excess resin, no excess weight) sand and prep the exterior followed by a layer of fine glass and resin.. I'm looking at a total weight of 7.5-8 lbs for this boat, watching weight where I can,, I spent several days dremeling out "weight" on my 1/24th scale version so it would get up on plane..would rather have some extra room at the end of the build to add extras like a sound system...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version