Masterclasses > CERVIA Tug Build

Q & A - TUG CERVIA HULL BUILD

<< < (2/14) > >>

banjo:
Thanks Bluebird.

John W E:
hi there all

I have been asked, via a personal message, how I built the davits for the Cervia tug - they are basically all made from Plasticard of various thicknesses plus two old refills from Biro pens for the tubes.  Some copper wire to produce the loops, pins and winding handles.   I have included a sketch which I hope you can all make out; plus, a few photographs of the finished item.   I originally copied the davits from a book which I borrowed from Riggers; I believe the book was called 'Tugs and Fishing Vessels' in their was a good drawing of the davits I built.

Hope this helps also, I have just tried to add this to the end of the Cervia build and realise this topic is now locked - so, over to the moderators to put this on the end of the Cervia build - this would be most helpful.

aye
john e
bluebird

John W E:
hello there Everyone and Dicky especially  O0

here is proof of the pudding as they say - I know it has been a long while since I finished this model but this is the first time she has had her 'bot' wet - at lake for those interested this is Roker Park Lake Near Sunderland model performed quite well and it was a real pleasurable, relaxing sale....even the rain stopped!  O0

aye
john e

DickyD:
Thats not you in that photo John, who is it ?

Thats a really smart tug though, its just like yours. Seems to go pretty well too. O0

John W E:
Hi ya Dicky

that was an old guy who was looking round the lake looking quite lost - and bewildered - didnt know what all that water was for - so I asked him if he would like a go at controlling the tub or even the tug - but, I did have to explain to him what that pool of water was called and what it was actually used for  ???  it must be a long time since he has seen a Lake  :angel: :angel: :-X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version