Masterclasses > FAIREY SWORDSMAN - A PLAN FOR BEGINNERS

Q & A - Swordsman A PLAN FOR BEGINNERS by Bluebird

<< < (50/51) > >>

ChrisF:
Stu

As per my previous post the deck has been covered in a veneer. Don't know what timber it is though, something with fine straight grain. It has been finished with matte or satin varnish.

The roof rails are lighter than mahogany, which is often used, and could be kebab skewers which have been stained.

Chris

John W E:
Hi Canabus

Sorry for the delay in replying, that is so kind of you, however I do have these in paper format.   I am very grateful to you for your kindness.

John

Stuw:
Thanks Chris. I’ve re-read your post!

I’ve now got an old copy of the 1999 magazine with article to assist and ordered a set of plans from the link above. I plan to do this build at some point in the future but getting as much info on it now as I can. Hope to share info on it at some point. Never built off a plan before but will give it a go!

Stupid question alert... when cutting out the parts that have been drawn onto the wood from tracings etc, do you sand away the marked line so it’s just gone or leave it some visible. Assuming a thin pen line. I’m thinking the former but having doubts! Don’t laugh please. Having only assembled pre-cut models this is important for me.

ChrisF:
Hi Stu

Will look forward to following your build.

Chris

canabus:
Hi Stuw

Sand down to the marker line on frames and keel, but on the skins and deck leave 2/3mm for a bit play room.

Canabus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version