Masterclasses > FAIREY SWORDSMAN - A PLAN FOR BEGINNERS

Q & A - Swordsman A PLAN FOR BEGINNERS by Bluebird

<< < (2/51) > >>

John W E:
hi there Goodmorning GaryM

If you have a look at the photograph which I have just posted - the model of the whaleback in the background is 40 inches long.  Comparing that with the Swordsman in front of her shows that the Swordsman is not that 'small'.   The Swordsman is just right for the beginner especially where there is not much or very little experience from building from a plan.   Double that & one will double their mistakes.   Anyway, FLJ just wants you to spend more money on two speed controllers  :P .

aye
john e
bluebird

DickyD:
More done to the whaleback John. Not on the build yet ?  ::)

GaryM:
Thanks FLJ and Bluebird,

I guess I'm going to go with Bluebird, in retrospect the size isn't so important, it's the finished model and how 'easy' it was to construct.
I'll still be getting my ESC etc from ACTion. :)

regards
Gary :)

banjo:
 O0

A wise move....in doubling the size you more than quadruple the power requirements...   (I think) or was that for aircraft?

:o

John W E:
Hi ya there GaryM

Glad to hear that you are going to stick to the original size for this model.  The trick now is to sit back and really enjoy the build - because this is one of the best builds I have ever done from a plan - it was very enjoyable.

As far as power requirements go and electrical stuff, a word of caution here - FLJ has a new speed controller on the block - a 130LOX.  Although the 130LOX is very small - this speed controller is only used to drive Gin and Tonic mixers  :P so please be wary of it.  :-X

aye
John e
bluebird

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version