Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fleetwood lakes READ CAR PARKS  (Read 1369 times)

Stavros

Fleetwood lakes READ CAR PARKS
« on: March 24, 2008, 10:42:00 pm »

Picked this one up from another forum I read that Wyre council want to turn the Fleetwood model boat lake into a Car Park.Shoot all the councillors I say blooming hypocrites

Stavros

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
Re: Fleetwood lakes READ CAR PARKS
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 07:31:35 am »

But wouldnt the cars get wet?...  ::)

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 08:26:07 am »

Ha , knowing what councils are like ,i bet they did'nt think of that  :embarrassed: .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

nhp651

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 08:44:07 am »

you're right stavros, and the local paper has been hounding them for a while, but all Wyre Borough council will say is "we can't comment at the moment."
They won't bloody well comment because they would like actions like this to be passed by the back door.
We at Fleetwood have had to suffer the thoughts of an old pier( as delapidated as it is) being turned into a multi story block of flats, houses being built on the old pitch and put greens, houses built on the old mud flats behind the docks that come into direct contact with the oderous smells of United Utilities sewage and ess haitch one tee farm and now they want to turn the model boat ponds into car parks, ( a pond that is the largest purpose built yachting lake in Europe and was opened  by royalty back in the early '30's)   " for future visitors to the town once regeneration policies have revamped the town"
The last time we had that influx of visitors to this town, Queen Victoria was on the bloody throne!!! >>:-(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 23 queries.