Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay problems & complaints!!!  (Read 17716 times)

armc40

• Fall guy, it would appear !
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Ebay problems & complaints!!!
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2012, 10:52:08 pm »

Now assuming it is this ad -Item number: 290724888838

with description -Vintage 1/16th Scale Bandai Dennis Motor Fire Engine Model 1914 - Boxed

This has been part built as shown in the photo and looks to be complete but I can't be 100% sure so please consider this before buying as returns will not be accepted.

The box has some wear around the edges (tape on corners) but nice to have.

Any questions please ask.

Please see my other listings.

Then at no point did they say 'fit for purpose'

Personally i'm not Ebay's greatest fan and i really don't like users that don't register as business sellers and yet they are...  .. even to the layman a business seller!...
I think there are one or two model boat traders doing just that ! Not making for an even playing field!
.. end Rant!

Regards,
Kim

And at no point in the ad did it state that 'many of the parts will either be broken or covered in plastic cement'   

Question Kim....would YOU accept this as merchantable ??
Making a mistake is not a sign of weakness. Failure to admit to having made a mistake is though !

Power corrupts whilst absolute power corrupts absolutely. Imaginary power is something else entirely !

Kim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 10:57:28 pm »

I would have taken him up on the offer of ask questions - he did say he wasn't sure.
Reading between the lines and an ellement of caution is usefull when shoping at Ebay..

If you paid a ' buy it now' price then you do have the right to return' if auction then it's harder to prove you have the right to return.
Regards,
Kim

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2012, 11:01:07 pm »

Martin..

I hope you realise that I kept my half of the bargain and named and shamed NOBODY   ...somebody did though !   wonder who that was ?
Making a mistake is not a sign of weakness. Failure to admit to having made a mistake is though !

Power corrupts whilst absolute power corrupts absolutely. Imaginary power is something else entirely !

Kim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 11:05:09 pm »

Without disclousure of all facts it is difficult to construct a meaningfull retort wich is what you were looking for, am i right ?
Perhaps you will get better satisfaction talking to the person selling the item.
Regards,
Kim

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2012, 11:16:14 pm »

Without disclousure of all facts it is difficult to construct a meaningfull retort wich is what you were looking for, am i right ?
Perhaps you will get better satisfaction talking to the person selling the item.
Regards,
Kim

I already have thank you...a long time before another outsider butted in and spilt the proverbial wotsits !

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2012, 11:18:55 pm »

As all replys to me seem to be agreeing with you (mine was) what is the problem ?,you have effectively named the seller anyway by a 100% accurate item description, took me 20 seconds to find the item. %)

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2012, 11:31:00 pm »

As all replys to me seem to be agreeing with you (mine was) what is the problem ?,you have effectively named the seller anyway by a 100% accurate item description, took me 20 seconds to find the item. %)

I was requested by Martin NOT name names and to keep it civil, which I did !  I didn't ask any amateur sleuths to take up the case on my behalf and research any postings I had submitted, and at no time did I specify the item number, seems I had to leave that up to other 'interested' parties !

I reiterate my earlier cautionary warning to other NEW ebay users....please read listings very carefully and beware of phrases such as ....'up to'    'almost'  not forgetting 'vintage' of course    I thang you !

Kim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2012, 11:40:24 pm »

You asked us to 'try read the add'... all i did was make it easier to read ...

Oh, enough fun .. off to bed...now.
Regards,
Kim

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2012, 11:53:17 pm »

WHY ?

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2012, 01:52:31 am »

Try reading the ad first and tell me that broken parts and those covered in plastic cement are 'fit for purpose'  my complaint was "not as described"   Also try submitting an ad and specifying NO PAYPAL and see just how long your ad is there before it's deleted !

Paypal IS Ebay  imho of course !

That is absolutely correct and the reason why people are switching from ebay/paypal, you get stung twice.
Gunna build those other boats one day.

scoop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2012, 09:02:31 am »

That is absolutely correct and the reason why people are switching from ebay/paypal, you get stung twice.
I have a feeling ebay have stopped deleting ad's that say NO PAYPAL.......only going by experience, I don't use paypal for any buy or sell items, people want cash these days and are willing to accept almost any form of payment, cheque, PO or cash on collection, Paypal might be easy but at what cost.......Paypal, sorry eBay have sussed that by doing so there are also 'deleting' their 'Final Fee's........so they are in fact stinging themselves twice  {-) {-) {-)
BMPRS Secretary/Pro www.bmprs.co.uk
PS. There ain't no going back

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2012, 09:25:42 am »

Ebay purchased Paypal way back in 2002 and have always tried to direct buyers and sellers to Paypal for obvious reasons....  The main trouble with Ebay is that in many countries they have little in the way of competition so are virtually able to set whatever conditions they like . Once Yahoo auctions were comparable and in Japan, still are the main way of auction trading but here it's like it or lump it really..  You pay's your money but unfortunately, there's little choice...
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

armc40

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2012, 10:56:10 am »

I have a feeling ebay have stopped deleting ad's that say NO PAYPAL.......only going by experience, I don't use paypal for any buy or sell items, people want cash these days and are willing to accept almost any form of payment, cheque, PO or cash on collection, Paypal might be easy but at what cost.......Paypal, sorry eBay have sussed that by doing so there are also 'deleting' their 'Final Fee's........so they are in fact stinging themselves twice  {-) {-) {-)

I hope they have because I personally listed an item 2 months ago and specified that I did NOT want payment by Paypal and 3 days later my listing was deleted as being 'in breach of Ebay listing regulations' thus making it necessary to relist the item with edited description and pay another listing fee. The real bummer was that I also had to pay a final selling fee when it was purchased..

patternmaker

• Full Mayhemer
EBAY BIDDING SCAM
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2012, 09:10:51 am »

Ebay bidding scam sellers beware.
On ebay I member with 2 accounts or 2 working together I places a low bid the other places a very high bid
then retracts the bid because they entered the wrong amount, in my case the maximum bid placed was £5000.00  which was retracted 4 days later when the lower bid was beaten, the seller only knows how much was bid when it has been retracted the only reason you can give to retract a bid is ’ entered the wrong amount’ and under ebay rules you must enter the correct amount as soon as possible.

This was tried on me but they came unstuck, by checking feedback of both the 2 IDs they cropped up on all the items they have bid on and won with this scam with a low bid.  I ended my auction early, reported both IDs to ebay and got my listing fees waived, and the Scammer's involved banned. If you put a reserve on your Item this would also stop this scam but I have found the reserves tend to put bidders off and all you get is questions asking how
much is your reserve, or as I will do in future Buy it Now only.
If ebay stopped allowing bidders to retract bids, it would stop this scam after all ebay rules state when you bid on an item you Enter into a binding contract and obligated to complete the transaction if you are the highest bidder

Failure is not an option

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: EBAY BIDDING SCAM
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2012, 10:00:25 am »

I'm not too sure how this works. Perhaps if I give an example you can confirm if that is the technique?

1 - Seller wants to sell an item which is worth around £50. Puts it on Ebay with a start of £5.
2 - Buyer 1 bids a max of £100 on the item, which now goes up to £6 displayed
3 - Immediately after this, Buyer 2 bids a max of £2000. Displayed price goes up to £110.

4 - Because the displayed price is now so high, no other bidders come along.
5 - Just before the auction end, Bidder 2 retracts his bid. Item price now drops to £6, and Bidder 1 gets a bargain. 

patternmaker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2012, 10:09:35 am »

I'm not too sure how this works. Perhaps if I give an example you can confirm if that is the technique?

1 - Seller wants to sell an item which is worth around £50. Puts it on Ebay with a start of £5.
2 - Buyer 1 bids a max of £100 on the item, which now goes up to £6 displayed
3 - Immediately after this, Buyer 2 bids a max of £2000. Displayed price goes up to £110.

4 - Because the displayed price is now so high, no other bidders come along.
5 - Just before the auction end, Bidder 2 retracts his bid. Item price now drops to £6, and Bidder 1 gets a bargain.

Thats exactly how its done, also usually 1 of the scammer's is registered as private with no feedback or location, but this can be found out.
Mick
Failure is not an option

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2012, 12:13:22 pm »

Thats exactly how its done, also usually 1 of the scammer's is registered as private with no feedback or location, but this can be found out.
Mick

How?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2012, 01:39:40 pm »

After the bidder puts a maiximum of £2000 on how does it jump from £6 showing to £110.00 showing?

patternmaker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2012, 01:42:14 pm »

Martin

If someone has bid on your item while it is active and you have a genuine complaint ebay will give you contact details (email address) I have found found this freephone contact number for ebay 08003583229

Those who just give a location UK click on sitemap at the bottom of my ebay page this will open the next page, click on find a member enter their ebay ID this will give you their location.
Another way if they are selling an item you can find their location on the item for sale, although these scammer’s do not usually have any items listed for sale.

Its ebay, responsibility to stop these scammer’s in my case my item was bid up to £840.00 when the scam bid was retracted it went back to £430.00 this must make genuine bidders dubious of placing bids. ebay should pick up on  and question the fact that someone placed a bid of £5000.00  

Failure is not an option

patternmaker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2012, 02:01:51 pm »

After the bidder puts a maximum of £2000 on how does it jump from £6 showing to £110.00 showing?

Because any genuine bids placed after the scam bid are void and it goes back to the price when the scam bid was
placed, as I have explained this makes genuine bidders dubious of bidding again thinking there is a problem with the item.
Failure is not an option

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2012, 05:29:19 pm »

After the bidder puts a maiximum of £2000 on how does it jump from £6 showing to £110.00 showing?

Do you use ebay much? The price displayed (and that is the price it will eventually be sold for) is a fixed jump up from the second bidder's price. As an example:

I put a item on ebay - start price £1.  At that price bids must go up in increments of 10p

Bidder1 comes along and bids £1.01. That bid is not accepted, because it is not high enough to meet the next increment.

Bidder2 comes along and bids £5. That bid is accepted, and the price goes up to £1.10 (the next increment)

Bidder1 returns, and bids £1.50. That bid is accepted, so the item has gone up to £1.50. But Bidder2 still has a high bid on, so the displayed price goes up to £1.60 - with Bidder2 still as the high bidder

Bidder3 comes along, and is really interested. He bids £10. That bid is accepted, so the item goes up to £5 (the high bid of bidder2) + 50p (because, over £5 the increments start to go up in 50p jumps). So it is now displayed at £5.50, and Bidder3 is the high bidder

Does this help? I am assuming that, over £100, increments are £10, because I've never bid that much on an auction...

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2012, 08:14:40 pm »

I think I understood that as far as bidder 1 returning.   {:-{
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2012, 10:05:20 pm »

I think I understood that as far as bidder 1 returning.   {:-{

Does this help: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/automatic-bidding.html

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2012, 09:52:53 am »

"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2012, 12:35:03 pm »

Martin

If someone has bid on your item while it is active and you have a genuine complaint ebay will give you contact details (email address) I have found found this freephone contact number for ebay 08003583229

Those who just give a location UK click on sitemap at the bottom of my ebay page this will open the next page, click on find a member enter their ebay ID this will give you their location.
Another way if they are selling an item you can find their location on the item for sale, although these scammer’s do not usually have any items listed for sale.

Its ebay, responsibility to stop these scammer’s in my case my item was bid up to £840.00 when the scam bid was retracted it went back to £430.00 this must make genuine bidders dubious of placing bids. ebay should pick up on  and question the fact that someone placed a bid of £5000.00  

Whilst this makes commonsense in fact it never happens. <:( <:(
Ebay does not use it's resources, costs money, when buyers or sellers alert it too any breaches.
That way they maximise profit and buyers and sellers are the losers. They are reactive not proactive, as it, being proactive, costs money, it's all about profit and monoply.
Bottom line they don't care and are unaccountable as they make and police the rules to suit themselves. <*< <*<
Gunna build those other boats one day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 23 queries.