Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay problems & complaints!!!  (Read 17717 times)

chugbug

• Full Mayhemer
Ebay problems & complaints!!!
« on: March 26, 2008, 10:01:59 am »

Hi all, early on in the month I spotted a list of items on e-bay from a reference by Taxi(no blame on you Taxi) concerning model boats and boat related items and bid on a set of new Kolinsky art brushes,which I won.Sent off a cheque for £20 and you have guessed it,16 days later no communication and no paint brushes. Did any Mayhem members buy from this person and if so did you get your goods? I do not want to put his name on here but I can be contacted by PM. Funny thing is there is no feed back positive or negative since his auction.
                                                                                                                                          Dave Gibson.

Topic name changed -  Admin.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: bagain on e-bay????
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 03:48:20 pm »

Has your cheque been cashed?
Is 'he' still selling stuff on ebay?
Have you used the "Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described Process"?

If you get on to ebay and state you will be making a claim against them for the money, they usually wake up pretty quickly!

Martin.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

chugbug

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 05:31:24 pm »

Thanks for the reply Martin,yes the cheque was cashed and have entered a dispute with ebay as non received  goods. He does not appear to be active at the moment. I will now re-contact e-bay as you suggest. He had a long list of boat kits and ancillerys including one boat kit which went for £540. I hope that winner had better luck than me.
                                                             Dave Gibson.

riggers24

• Full Mayhemer
  • Just full of stupid questions
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 09:35:53 pm »

If the customer can prove that they received absolutely nothing from you in exchange for their payment, this may legally justify their stopping the cheque. If, however, they obtained even very deficient goods or services from you, this removes this defence from them and you will still get judgement against them (it might be different if you failed to supply any goods or services at all)

This was taken from http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/ltd-companies/bad_cheques.htm

Talk to the bank, tell them what has happened and even if you have to pay a fee it is better then the seller keeping the lot.

Hope this helps

Riggers
I will finish the crash tender someday - Still got tooo many toys to play with

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 11:19:18 pm »

hi
Natwest charge £10 to stop a check

john

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 01:08:17 am »

I understand if you tell the bank "the cheque has been lost in the post", they will stop if free of charge.....
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

chugbug

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 05:13:54 pm »

>>:-(Decided to put it down to experience and write the twenty pound off. In future paypal only. :'(
                                                                                                                                             Dave Gibson.

ROSYTH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Steam glorious Steam..
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 09:53:45 pm »

Hi Chugbug, sorry to hear about you predicament its a nuisance when this type of thing happens as on the whole most users are honest
and are only to happy to help sort problems out.

So, if you look at the wider picture by simply 'putting it down to experience' you give these chancers and scammers more opportunity to simply
carry on doing what they do and ripping us honest folks off.
Look at the bigger picture and simply multiply your write off by a given user number of similar incidents then this is quite a substantial amount of money indeed. I would
ask you to really stick at this and persue it via ebay, the Bank and any other means necessary to get your goods or cash back.
By signing up to the ebay world both the user and host have a legal obligation to ensure all transactions are carried out professionally.

I think most users would agree that in matters such as this E-Bay seem to get of very lightly indeed, if these incidents are occurring at such a rapid rate then it is up to them
to make provision legally for both the seller and buyer to ensure that all payment transactions are recorded in detail on the user's account, which is only available to the user and ebay
which would then make the transaction process a little more involved but would ensure complete attention to detail and a professional way of doing business. After all if you ordered items from
a supermarket over the internet and they do not arrive you simply pick up the phone and let them know, problem is sorted and you have your goods.
So why can't a method of accountability be put upon ebay as the provider, they have a legal and morale responsibility to ensure all parties are protected when any financial transaction is
taking place, it is all to easy to set up a 'TO DO' board for users to progress chase and end up getting nowhere most of the time, E-Bay must put pressure on registered users new and old
being able to account from start to finish for any financial transactions that they allow on there website and trading forum.

If you want any help Dave, I am willing to do so but please chase them and ebay and make them more accountable please as it is all to easy for them to pass the buck and act dumb.
When you put into context the volume of business they are doing worldwide, it sure ain't peanuts and they do have the clout to make this happen in some form or other and I will
also chase up any problems I have until it is resolved to the buyers satisfaction ok.

Keep up the pressure and keep us up to date if you go further ok.
Cheers
Cliff

farrow

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 10:07:20 pm »

I would not put much trust in Ebay or Paypal sorting out this matter, I was taken for £200 by a Aussie 3/4 years ago. I was supposed to have delievered some old Britian Soldier sets, the person said he shipped it by Post and probaly by sea, went to the local Post Office, I found out the delievery time. Waited till the time no parcel arrived, went to Ebay and PayPal, was told I was out of time by a few days for composation and no one was interested. Lessen learned was do not trade outside my national borders and you are on your own.

andygh

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 04:24:16 am »

I have a couple of simple rules when buying stuff on ebay, I always pay via paypal unless it's for a very small amount that I can afford to lose or it's cash on collection, plus I only pay more than £50 for anything if it's within an hours drive of where I live, they wouldn't like me when I'm angry  >:(

I've had cause to use paypals dispute system once out of 400 odd transactions and my money was returned  O0

Roger in France

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 07:11:12 am »

It can be a minefield out there.

I once bought a small item on Ebay (about 17€), the seller/trader insisted on an inter bank transfer to Germany which cost me another 5€. The goods never arrived, the seller ignored my repeated Emails, Ebay didn't provide any help other than to say "Log your complaint on our system", my bank was disinterested.

What better proof of payment can you have than a completed inter bank transfer document?

I became frustrated and gave up.

Roger in France.

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 11:28:43 am »

If this is the same guy I'm still waiting upon to deliver, then Paypal will not be of much use as he requested payment by cheque only.  I notice his feedback rating has dived since he put an extremely large number of items up for sale - "having a clearout".  Would his ebay name, which was not unconnected with the occupants of a zoo, ring a bell with others?

Barry M

chugbug

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 11:54:43 am »

Your spot on Barry M. he certainly made one out of me
                                                                             Dave Gibson. >>:-( >>:-(

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 12:13:53 pm »

Dave,

In that case I see no problem in naming ' - - - - - - - ' as the person who has attracted a lot of criticism in his feedback and is being very slow to come up with the goods - including my 15 sable brushes.

If enough of us complain, then something may happen.

Barry M

Moderated - I know how annoyed you must be Barry but we can't do a 'name and shame'.
I think the only thing you can do is give the No. of the failed auction and then people can make up there own mind from ebay not Mayhem.
   Does that sound that fair?

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 02:21:10 pm »

Keep on complaining to eBay. They are making a lot of noise about weeding out rogue traders. Very shortly, all sellers will have to offer Paypal, the reason given is to allow eBay to offer its protection.

Barrie

The long Build

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 02:50:45 pm »

Sorry but I have had the privilege of the so called Ebay protection and in both cases it was a load of crock  >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 03:28:48 pm »

My son-in-law got over £500 back -  so it can work :D

Barrie

chugbug

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 04:38:31 pm »

I asked ebay if they would consider refunding my £20 and got a very very long email back which could have been shortened to, SOD OFF and go to the police,
                Dave Gibson.

bosun

• Full Mayhemer
    • bosunsmodelboats.com
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 05:13:21 pm »

Hy guy
I bought the mini tool sander from this guy in the same auction, winning price £12, plus P&P, came to £16 I havent heard anything from him inspite of e,mailing him, he has'nt cashed the cheque !!, and even though it was reported to e,bay they have'nt even had the decency to reply.
Bosun
bosunsmodelboats.com

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 07:25:40 pm »

Dave,

In that case I see no problem in naming ' - - - - - - - ' as the person who has attracted a lot of criticism in his feedback and is being very slow to come up with the goods - including my 15 sable brushes.

If enough of us complain, then something may happen.

Barry M

Moderated - I know how annoyed you must be Barry but we can't do a 'name and shame'.
I think the only thing you can do is give the No. of the failed auction and then people can make up there own mind from ebay not Mayhem.
   Does that sound that fair?

Why not a name and shame? As long as I confine myself to facts, nothing actionable is being raised.

Barry M

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Ebay problems & complaints!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 07:49:44 pm »

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 09:40:44 pm »

Martin,

You're wriggling instead of answering the question. However, if Mayhemers like to go to 260217398303, note the name and then click through to the feedback, they will get the same info.

Regards

Barry M

Ow Abreast

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 10:01:44 pm »

What really puzzles me is ! WHY..anybody would  wish to buy anything off a seller who has feedback like his :o.....read feedback it is genuine you cannot fiddle it ... ::)

Stavros

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 10:36:19 pm »

BarryM sorry to say this but I  fully agree with Martin on this one.what i don't think you and a lot of others realise that it would not be you who would be done for slander or defamation of character albeit i fully realise that your facts are 1000000000% CORRECT.But it would be the forum OWNER who would be prosecuted.
There was a similar thread heavily moderated in another section about a certain manufacturer who we cannot name for LEGAL reasons,you see my friend in this day and age of legal wrangelings one has to be very carefull.YES YES YES I agree with what you are saying and agree holeheartidly with what you are saying and yes one can follow that transaction but I can not see personally how anyone can fault that way of doing it.
I really feel for you all who have been RIPPED off by this peanut eating ;) pooh pooh of a trader.His feedback is truly appauling and why for heavens sake have Ebay not thrown him off lord knows.
All I can say is best of luck tracing the scum bag

Stavros

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 09:28:00 am »

Ow Abreast,
If you check the dates of the neg feedback they are all for this month.
Up until then it wasnt bad.

Bob
Officially a GOG.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.