Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Zippkits Rockett Hydro build  (Read 24929 times)

supersonic

Re: New Zippkits Rockett Hydro build
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2008, 09:47:59 pm »

Hey Mart, Here's the link to the windy day for the Hydro as promised.
It was originally 121 mb but now we shaved 101mb off it so it will still take a while to load.

O0  http://www.youtube.com/v/RpqZ1FeUKSU

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2008, 10:01:35 pm »

Cheers Dave wow it really was rough id almost forgot how bad it was lol,thanks for posting it mate.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2008, 09:39:46 pm »

Hi time for an update me thinks,we finally got some decent weather so i managed to go boating yey.Ill let the video speak for itself  ;),let me know what you guys think.
Mart
http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm248/martno1fan/?action=view&current=ROCKETTLETTINGHERRIP.flv

Hagar

« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2008, 07:34:54 pm »

Hej Mart!
Just taken the time to read your builld! Looks really great mate!
Just hope my humble efforts run half as good.
I do now have a few doubts in my mind as to my build. Looking at a lot of the builds, most of the fast boats have some form of floatation aid in them. Mine dont! Was this a silly oversight on my part? I never really thought about it, but seing how these boats like to flip I can ubderstand why its there! Its cheaper than a sunken boat! Any ideas as to how I might be able to retro fit some? The tops on and the only opening is the motor bay...
And I am not cutting the top off, or filling it with foam.

Nice chioce for colours by the way.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2008, 09:11:12 pm »

Glad you like it mate as for floatation yes you will need some you dont want your boat sinking  :o ,can you get some pool noodles in there anywhere?,thats all i use woolies are selling them off here for 50 pence lol,i got blue pink green and yellow haha.Might have some news for you tomorrow regarding the engine cover on yours.
Mart

Hagar

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2008, 07:08:30 am »

Errrrrrrrrrrrm Whats a Pool Noodle? ???

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2008, 09:55:50 am »

Haha noodle shaped bouyancy aid kids use at swimming pools.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2009, 10:21:24 am »

I thought id just post a video from yesterday its just short clip of the last few laps .Id just recently rebuilt the carb as it just wasnt working right,so off we went to the lake gps installed.First few runs were not great as id altered the needles last time out till i realised what the problem was  %).Anyway i fianally got her running fast but then she was cutting out,hmm now what.Well after a bit of thinking  and checking the fuel lines i noticed air in the line,im running a bag,id removed all the air huuh where it coming from?.Aha its coming from the return line ,i have a t joint one for feed line one for return and the return line was putting air into the fuel line and been sucked in by the carb me thinks.Anyways i pulled it off bunged up the t piece and return line and hehe sorted.Off she went and now running better and no stalling .There was a bit of wind and i was a bit carefull at this end of the lake due to too many ducks and swans  <*<,but she was running pretty good if not at her best(shes been faster) so i was going to bring her in and tweak the needles a bit more but went for one more lap and decided to let her rip ooops right into a head wind and oh no what a sight all my hard work took flight 6-8 ft into the air did a back flip and slammed hard.After a  few choice words i asked my mate who was videoing did you get it on the video?  his reply was errr not sure as id zoomed in and might have lost it  >>:-(.Off we went to retrieve her,the cowl had come off and was floating upright with action man holding up one arm as if waving for assistance lol.I managed to get a line to her as she wasnt far out and in she came.Wow no damage apart from the fuel bag had disapeared  :o.Checked the gps and she said 98.9 kph or 61.46 mph,ohh well not too bad.Had a look in the lake and spotted it slowly filling with nice salty water  {:-{,dam now i couldnt even restart the motor.Flipped the boat upside down after removing the plug and pulled starter slowly to get water out,sprayed plug hole full to top with wd40 and pulled cord slowly to get it right round internal parts then refilled again .Plug back in and had to wait till we got home to start her up,which she did 4th pull after putting in a new tank.I ran her for a good ten mins idling with water running through etc,kept revving her now and then just to clear everything out and then i filled the jug with oil and that will stay in for a day or two.All electrics were sprayed with wd40 time will tell if theyre ok.Well heres the short video,sory he missed the flip but you can just hear it as she goes out of shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uvOdbGNkcM
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.