Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/72 Foxtrot Kit Interest?  (Read 2385 times)

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
1/72 Foxtrot Kit Interest?
« on: March 27, 2008, 01:27:28 pm »

One of our TF72 members is asking what interest would be for a 1/72 Foxtrot kit. Scaleships, maker of the 1/96 Oscar & Akula kits, would be the proposed source.

Would anyone here be up for this interesting & noteworthy Russian diesel attack sub that was the last to be modeled after the German Type XXI?

Chuck
"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1/72 Foxtrot Kit Interest?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 11:28:53 pm »

Matt Thor has offered over the weekend to develop a 1/72 Foxtrot if he can generate enough interest to put out a limited release of 20 kits.  He'd require a deposit up front & 18 months to deliver, but it would be worth the wait.  Knowing Matt's reputation, this will be a museum quality level kit with all the trimmings.

Over at SubPirates, we're almost halfway towards making this a reality, so if anyone here would be interested please post or send me a PM for further information.

Chuck
"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1/72 Foxtrot Kit Interest?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 02:21:12 am »

Since the post in SP is available only by member-subscription, I thought I'd offer some info Matt posted today regarding his plans for the kit which he's offered for $550.00 & expected to deliver within 18 months:

It will be my typical production kit.

1) High quality epoxy upper & lower hull halves with indexing lip. I may keep a large portion of the bow and stern joined to the lower half to make it easier to build. This is a bit different than your normal Nuke type hull. I will have to wait to get into the model before I decide the final location of the hull break locations.

2) Props cast in white metal with stainless set screws.

3) Prop shafts (304SS).

4) Scopes, shears, deck hardware, etc.

5) Photo etched metal gratings, vents, misc. components, etc.

6) Pressure cast white urethane appendages with CF reinforcement.

7) Hull fully scribed.

Matt

Again, anyone interested feel free to visit SP or contact me here to put you in touch with Matt.

Chuck
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.