Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Petrol Price Check Web Site  (Read 3014 times)

chingdevil

Petrol Price Check Web Site
« on: March 28, 2008, 05:22:43 pm »

On the intranet for the company I work for we have a link to this web site, it lets you check for the cheapest petrol in your area. Just enter your post code and up will come a list of the nearest petrol stations to that post code.
I had quite a shock because I always use Sainsburys for my fuel, they are 2p a litre dearer than an independent one near me. Also where I work the petrol in both TESCO and Sainsburys is 4p cheaper than near my home.

http://online.arval.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=fuelPricing.Network&NW=fuel

Brian

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
Re: Petrol Price Check Web Site
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 10:01:11 pm »

interesting ,i normaly fill up at tesco in scunthorpe but the asda down the road is 2p cheaper  O0 .
thats where i will be off to now on ,thanks Brian.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 12:18:59 am »

I subscribe to one of those - I think its petrolprices.com - they send me a weekly e-mail. Interestingly, the local Jet stations are often cheaper than Morrisons. Very worthwhile.

OMK

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 03:10:17 am »

Everytime I'm at the pumps, rather than fret about quibbling over a few pennies, or who I buy the fuel from, the thing that always grab my attention are those digital readouts. How do we know if they are accurate?
It doesn't really bother me that Asda are 2p cheaper than Whoever - and vice-versa - because we're all getting screwed big-time anyway. Those digital readouts have been lying to us for yonks.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139828

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 03:46:23 am »

I remember back in the 70s fuel crisis. Petrol blipped over one pound a gallon  :o
There were also shortages so nobody dared go below half a tank.

One local gas station was 98p a gallon and there were huge queues. About 1hr to and hour and half queue. Thsi was in the days when most forecouts only had 4 or 6 pumps.

Up the road the fuel was 1.10 a gallon. But no queue.

I figured, hell half a tank is 40 pence extra, and my free time was more to me than 40p an hour. My salary was a whopping 56 quid a week then, and I worked long hours so free time was at a premium.
And beer was only 30p a pint

It is all relative.

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Welsh_Druid

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 09:43:07 am »

HMMMM - I just tried that site to find the cheapest diesel locally. I entered my postcode and to my delight there was a garage selling diesel at 10p per litre less than my usual garage.  Unfortunately when I checked where it was it was in Fermanagh, Northern Ireland. A little too far to drive from North Wales for a tankful of fuel  {-)

Don B.

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 11:28:24 am »

Have checked on the site this morning, I am sure it is good for some of you but unfortunately for me I would spend more driving to save the odd penny than going to Tesco and doing it with the weekly shop. Thanks anyway.
Alan

Jolly Roger

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 04:08:57 am »

Gasoline prices in the midwest part of the U.S. is $ 3.38 a gallon. When I was in High School in the 1970"s gas was about 60 cents a gallon.

OMK

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 04:46:40 am »

Jolly Roger'er, did you know you've only got to stick up one more post, then you become a fully-fledged Mayhem'er?
Do you mind if I throw a question your way?
What is the proper definition of Midwest? For some reason I got it in my head that the Midwest is defined as being around Arkansas/Missouri/Texas/Kansas way. A pal of mine reckons the Midwest is more towards Utah area.
Which one of us is wrong?

Jolly Roger

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 05:07:35 am »

Thats right , Missouri, Kansas, Illinois , St. Louis Missouri is referred to as the Gateway to the West, as early pioneers would stop by St. Louis for supplies before heading out for the vast unknown.

OMK

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 05:30:08 am »

The vast unknown?
Would that have been around the time of the great gold rush?

<edit>

I just noticed you mentioned Illinois.
But isn't Illinois nearer towards the East? This is where I get confused. How come Illinois is defined as part of the Midwest?

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 08:09:51 am »

This is the site I use, They send a weekly email of petrol prices in my area.

www.petrolprices.com

O0 O0 O0
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

bigfella

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 09:59:09 am »

We are just about to have a system where service (thats a joke) stations have to register the night before what the price they will be charging for the next day. They can not change the price, and an email or text is sent out to consumers with the cheapest fuel in your area. This system has been used in West Australia for some time and will go national once the federal government iron out all the bugs. The system we have now the petrol stations can charge what they like and change prices up or down whenever they feel like it. In fact it happened to me the other day I saw the sign outside the petrol station and thought it a good price and by the time I got to the pump it was 5 cents more.

Regards David
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.