Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Aussies - where are you  (Read 10970 times)

Martin13

Aussies - where are you
« on: March 29, 2008, 08:22:22 am »

I have been told by a Moderator that there are a number of Aussies on the forum - Great ;D ;D ;D

I know of 2 members, I'm in country Victoria and nobody around here share my hobby- where are you ???

Martin Down Under

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
Re: Aussies - where are you
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 12:03:26 pm »

Martin13,

Hi mate Roy from the Apple Isle you can contact me anytime, email in profile................

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

bigfella

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 12:32:35 pm »

Hi Martin13 and all Aussies

I live on the Gold Coast in Sunny?? Queensland. I am pretty alone here on the Gold Coast when it comes to RC Scale Boats. There are no clubs that deal in RC Scale, there are plenty of Sail, Power and even those crazy lot who shoot holes in their boats and the nearest clubs are in Brisbane or Northern NSW????? thats where a fellow member Peter Fitness is from. Any how as Roy said if you need to contact me just look at my profile the contact details are there.

Hay Martin Mayhem maybe we Aussies can have or own section??? Just kidding

Regards David O0 O0

Red_Hamish

• Full Mayhemer
  • Have a wee dram and enjoy life
    • Edinburgh Model Boat Club
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 10:33:57 pm »

Hello Aussies everywhere   looking for your modelling soulmates in Aus? Find more than a few buckets full on www.paddleducks.co.uk where we may contemplate an Aussies only section . Only joking, there are a few on there who are currently worling on 12" to the Foot or 1:1 scale. So come along and bring the sausages and beer for the BBQ. You know wlike any Mayhemmer the welcome carpet awaits.

cheers

Jim
Visit www.paddleducks.co.uk & www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org.uk for all your model boating needs!
See what life is all about www.visitshetland.com/sumburgh-airport-live-video This is the pace of life that the doctors prescribe, so laid back that you

Martin13

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 11:45:08 pm »

Hello Aussies everywhere   looking for your modelling soulmates in Aus? Find more than a few buckets full on www.paddleducks.co.uk where we may contemplate an Aussies only section .

cheers

Jim

Your right Red Hamish - you do have a few Aussies on your site-must look into this. I live south of Bendigo Victoria and am interested to see if their are any modellers out this way. I'm a member of Surrey Park Model Boat Club although it takes me about 90 mins to get there.
Mind you, not interested in the IC boats that go like a bat out of hell. My poor eyesight can no longer keep up with them...

Also trying to find who else lives in this great country of ours...

Bigfella...we have spoken before and also CBR900...keep in touch

Have sent Peter Fitness a few emails too - he's currently on holidays in the UK

Where are the rest of you guy's - Come on Aussie Come on

Martin Down Under

jock

• Shipmate
  • It ain't a hobby if you have to Hurry
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 12:43:42 am »

Hi Martin
I'm in Bendigo about 10km from the exact centre of Vic
Jock
Jock

OMK

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 03:33:04 am »

Martin13, just one iddly-diddly question...
You been on this forum for some time now, right? With the possible exception of Jock, are you telling me you didn't notice all those names there before?

Patriotism not your strong point, perchance?

Martin13

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 03:42:07 am »

Martin13, just one iddly-diddly question...
You been on this forum for some time now, right? With the possible exception of Jock, are you telling me you didn't notice all those names there before?

Patriotism not your strong point, perchance?

What do you mean - all those names?

I have corresponded with Bigfella and CBR900 before although they probably do not remember. Also with Peter Fitness, but I have been told that there are a lot more Aussies on the forum.
I often look at a persons profile (when I have conversed with them) only to find that they are in the UK or elsewhere

Martin where its dry and very little water

Martin13

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 03:46:35 am »

Hi Martin
I'm in Bendigo about 10km from the exact centre of Vic
Jock

G'Day neighbour, must send you a PM - have you ever been to that Model Engineering Exhibition in Kangaroo Flat  ;) ;)

Martin

hopeitfloats

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 04:46:50 am »

aussie is nearly a part of nz and theres just about as many of us there as here so hello martin ;)

bigfella

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 05:01:43 am »

Yes I have always considered that NZ was the seventh state of Australia {-) {-).

Only Joking. To be honest their is only a little stretch of water that divides the ANZAC Brothers. A strange relationship we hate each other when it comes to the sporting field and yet together in situations against others, we are one, the true ANZAC spirit. I think it comes from being so far away from anywhere else.

Regards David O0 O0

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 05:41:00 am »

There is also Neptune in South Australia.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

bigfella

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 09:31:50 am »

Martin13

I do recall our exchange previously. I was just making sure you had all my details.

Regards David

Martin13

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 09:59:31 am »

aussie is nearly a part of nz and theres just about as many of us there as here so hello martin ;)

Hopeitfloats -
Great to hear of another modeler in near enough our time zone..How's RC boats in NZ ? Are there many clubs?
Keep in touch...As David/Bigfella mentioned, we are ANZAC brothers

Martin

Martin13

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 10:03:44 am »

Martin13

I do recall our exchange previously. I was just making sure you had all my details.

Regards David

G'Day David,

I think we had a discussion offline line re Task Force 72. Got your details and will keep in touch - hopefully one day we can cross paths.

Martin

bigfella

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 11:22:57 am »

Martin13

Regards David

G'Day David,

I think we had a discussion offline line re Task Force 72. Got your details and will keep in touch - hopefully one day we can cross paths.

Martin

If ever you are up my way give me a hoy and we can have a sail together.

David

Martin13

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 11:41:22 am »

G'Day David,

Martin
[/quote]

If ever you are up my way give me a hoy and we can have a sail together.

David
[/quote]

I will hold you to that David O0

Have you ever been inclined to attend a TF72 Regatta at Wentworth Falls NSW??

Martin

bigfella

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 11:50:35 am »

I did try and join the Brisbane chapter of TF72 however they told me I had to have at least one 1/72 scale RC boat to join. Unfortunately all my craft are Patrol craft and at 1/32 and 1/24 scale. So I am still on my lonesome. I have viewed their site many times and like their work. But anyone who wants to sail on the Gold Coast come on up. There is a lake that was the site of the World Champinship Sail Competition in the 1990s and is just there waiting to be used.

Regards David

Martin13

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 12:15:16 pm »

I did try and join the Brisbane chapter of TF72 however they told me I had to have at least one 1/72 scale RC boat to join. Unfortunately all my craft are Patrol craft and at 1/32 and 1/24 scale. So I am still on my lonesome. I have viewed their site many times and like their work. But anyone who wants to sail on the Gold Coast come on up. There is a lake that was the site of the and is just there waiting to be used.

Regards David

David, the lake you are referring to, is that where you  and TF72 Brisbane Chapter sail (World Champinship Sail Competition in the 1990s) ?
If so, your a lucky chap - I have seen pictures of it.

Also from APS Models, I have an Arleigh Burke DDG including Anzac class FFG at 1:72 and lastly Freemantle Class Patrol Boat 1:32 on order - due late June. Allan mentioned that I could join TF72 Wagga cos I have the boats on order - still thinking about it

Martin

bigfella

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 12:26:42 pm »

The lake is in Burleigh on the Gold Coast, it has not been used for anything since the 90s and is in a Council run sports complex, Pizzey Park, it has Rugby League, Aussie Rules, Soccer, Tennis and the swimming complex where Grant Hackett used to do all his training . I asked the Council if it could be used fro a RC Boat Club and they gave their approval. Only thing is I haven't a club and if more than two or three people start sailing you need insurance.

I never joined the TF72 because of the scale I like to sail. However tell me more about the Fremantle Class Patrol boat. I love those and their predecessor the Attack Class.

Regards David

Damien

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 12:28:53 pm »

Hi Martin
South east of Melbourne here, nearest club is 30km away. No water close by and no public transport past water. So just building boats and waiting to win lotto lol
Like the other guy's my email addy is in my profile feel free to contact.
I lived in Castlemaine for quite a while and sailed boats on the lake at Kangaroo Flat many times.
Damien.

Martin13

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 12:53:37 pm »

I asked the Council if it could be used fro a RC Boat Club and they gave their approval. Only thing is I haven't a club and if more than two or three people start sailing you need insurance.

I never joined the TF72 because of the scale I like to sail. However tell me more about the Fremantle Class Patrol boat. I love those and their predecessor the Attack Class.

Regards David

David,

Don't worry about the boat club now that you have council permission - just sail on it yourself. I'm sure that if the UK based Mayhemmers saw the lake, you would be the envy of the forum - what a great spot.
When I eventually finish my 1:16 Brave Borderer, I'll see if the missus would like a holiday up north.

A week before Easter, their was a Sub Regatta in Yea, Victoria at the local swimming pool. The local kids were not too impressed as the pool was closed for the day - temp 38 Degrees C. It was great to see fully submerged subs as one chap also had a camera attached to his Batman sub then downloaded to a laptop for all to see. A member from my club had all three of his boats on the water as well - Attack, Freemantle and Armidale Class Patrol Boats - they are worth a look.

I will see if I can get a picture of all 3 models together and send to you.

If you need info on the boats - email me O0

Martin

Martin13

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 01:01:28 pm »

Hi Martin
South east of Melbourne here, nearest club is 30km away. No water close by and no public transport past water. So just building boats and waiting to win lotto lol
Like the other guy's my email addy is in my profile feel free to contact.
I lived in Castlemaine for quite a while and sailed boats on the lake at Kangaroo Flat many times.
Damien.

Thanks for posting Damien,

I knew there had to be other modelers about. If its okay, I will send you an email in a couple of days and exchange info.

Pity you left Castlemaine - that's close O0

Also keep in touch on the forum

Martin

Damien

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 01:12:52 pm »

Yeah that's ok Martin anytime.
D

MOKUMER

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 08:08:56 pm »

Ok martin13 here is a other one for you, all the way from the top of down under  "Darwin"
I have been a member for about 6 months and this is my first reply on to this forum so i hope it works
and this is my me :angel:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.