Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Perkasa  (Read 1861 times)

Dunc

Perkasa
« on: April 01, 2008, 09:41:53 pm »

Hi Folks

First posting on this forum although I am very active on a Model Aircraft one and a shooting one!

My first request is due to a recent acquisition of a Perkasa, the big one - 48" or so.  It has 2 x 7mAh batteries in the rear and to my untrained eye is somewhat too heavy at the stern - the CoG is much too far back.

Does anyone have a manual that i could have a copy of please or know where I can get one?

Thanks in anticipation!

PS my first race boat many years ago (at least 30) was a Black Tornado powered by a Merco 61.  I loaned it to a mate who promptly lost it.  Any idea if these are still in production?

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Perkasa
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:55:13 pm »

I doubt if a manual would be much use; I've got the plans for the wooden kits and they don't even show where to paint the w/l, let alone stuff like CGs!

djrobbo

Re: Perkasa
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 03:33:12 pm »

I'LL second that ......i am building the large fibreglass version at the moment , and that is the same , no details of anything like that

i normally try to get the centre of gravity about a 1/3 of the way forward from the transom to start with , on a planing hull and then fiddle as necessary after that

hope this helps.
                                      regards....bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.