Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet Another Tamar  (Read 1907 times)

wombat

• Full Mayhemer
  • The view from the shallow end of the gene pool
Yet Another Tamar
« on: January 02, 2010, 11:11:48 am »

Hi All,

Well, Santa sent me a Tamar..... Seems Our Lass got lost in the post or Rudolf trod on it or something similar.

So we are starting the build up, I will put up some photos as I go along.

The plan so far is to run it on the recommended Speed 600 ECO running off 9.6V via 2*3700mAH packs, one for each motor.  The motors will be run off a single P94. The power from the batteries will be combined inot a single auxiliary supply via a couple of Schottky diodes to drive the bow thruster, P100 (yes there willl be a P100 in there - probably running a TurboCAT sound and a P97 driving a 4" speaker.  The bow thruster will be run off a P93 with the 9.6V potted down to 50% in all probability.

I have put the prop tubes in place, but have hit a little problem - the props are sitting about 5mm further from the hull than the drawings in the vertical plane  - This was partly a cock-up - I took the position at the opening of the prop tubes and ended up with about 1mm too high but I could get the motors comforatably in place on their mounts. When I put the props on though, they sit about 5mm higher than the drawings suggest. I am wondering if this is going to be a problem and that I should cut the tubes out and refit them or whether they will be OK.

Can anyone who is more knowledgeable comment on this - how critical is the prop placement to the performance.

Wom
The prat in the hat - www.floatingwombat.me.uk - Have look & say Hi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.