It was interesting making the doors. As I have said, this is my first attempt at using Plasticard. After I had cut out the shape of the door, drilled the porthole and sanded edges, I then held the door using modelling pins to a block of wood. I then cut a length of 1mm x 2mm plastic strip and held it in place around the door frame. Using weld-on or something similar, brushed around mating surfaces never too sure if I used enough or maybe too much. After about 5 minutes I removed the pins and lifted door assembly from block - the strip fell off %$#@%
Since then I have been advised to leave it for an hour to set.
Time to start on bridge detail.yippee.
I made up the instrument and side panels from block balsa using various thicknesses. These were then carefully fitted and glued into place. After the glue had set, I then filed and sanded the balsa top edge down to meet the marine ply outer framework. In my eagerness to do this, I inadvertently sanded a bevel around the top edge of the balsa blocks - something else to fix. This will need to be repaired later as a plasticard shelf needs to be glued on top all the way around.
I have now started to cover the balsa with 1.0mm Plasticard sheet and strips.
For representation of scale - can you see the 1 pound coin on instrument panel
Martin doon under