Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Ironbark , I have just joined  (Read 2023 times)

Ironbark161

Hello from Ironbark , I have just joined
« on: January 18, 2011, 12:18:15 pm »

I have started to build a Harbour Defence Motor Launch from a free plan which I located in Model Boat Magazine dated  FEB 2010. I started from keel and worked my way up to nearly completing the Hull. I planked the hull then fibre glassed over the top of it. I am still rubbing it back after filling it, spraying,then rubbing it off again to reveal low areas. It is a real exercise in patients and I am  loving every  moment of it. I have never build a Model ship before, plenty of wooden toys and furniture and hours of renovations to our home. I have found the resources of the internet so helpful.

Ian Noormets
DALMENY
NSW, Australia

nhp651

Re: Hello from Ironbark , I have just joined
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 12:22:36 pm »

hope you didn't use ironbark to build it, or at least you had a good slipstone and oil ready for your knives, lol.
do you have any photos to show. :-))
they were a particular favorite of mine some years ago.
neil

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

bulldog1966

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 06:18:47 pm »

well come to model mayham ian

Ironbark161

MY EXERCISE IN PATIENCE HDML
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 08:59:13 am »

Here are photos of my first adventure into  Model Ship Building at this stage I am working on Hull. I have armed myself with my tools. I love fibreglass  >:-o so much that I get it all over me  {:-{  Enjoy the photos.

plattypus-oz

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 11:17:38 pm »

Watch out with the fiber glass resins as you can become sick from them being absorbed into the skin. Cheers

sailor1

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 01:28:54 am »

G'day Ironbark
Welcome to Anther Ozzie. Enjoy Model Boat mayhem. As I do
All the Best
Sailor1 

I have started to build a Harbour Defence Motor Launch from a free plan which I located in Model Boat Magazine dated  FEB 2010. I started from keel and worked my way up to nearly completing the Hull. I planked the hull then fibre glassed over the top of it. I am still rubbing it back after filling it, spraying,then rubbing it off again to reveal low areas. It is a real exercise in patients and I am  loving every  moment of it. I have never build a Model ship before, plenty of wooden toys and furniture and hours of renovations to our home. I have found the resources of the internet so helpful.

Ian Noormets
DALMENY
NSW, Australia

soldier151

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 01:46:01 am »

Hi Ian,
Welcome to the madhouse, great to see another Ozzie joining the Club,  Liked your build and its good to see that you have included some flotation material in it, (stops it sinking in the event of an accident) Great articles on HDML in Model Boats (I think by Dave Metcalf) send me a PM and I'll see if I can copy them for you, off to OZ (Perth) by Qantas in Mar for three weeks
Soldier151
A Lifeboat freak

brianB6

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 03:18:50 am »

Welcome to the madness Mayhem  %%
With all the Aussies joining we are just about holding our own.
I had to look up Dalmeny but it looks as if you have a decent lake to sail in?
Please post more photos.   We can all learn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.