Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trumpeter Astute  (Read 1362 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Trumpeter Astute
« on: March 05, 2023, 04:22:14 pm »

Can anyone give a bit of advice please?

I am helping with the disposal of a late friend's boats and one of them is a Trumpeter Astute kit fitted I think with an Engel static diving system and CTS and comes with a Graupner MC12 40Mhz radio. Some further confirmation is needed on the specific diive unit but I'm pretty sure that is the package.

Looking online suggests that the Engel items would retail for over £600 and of course 40Mhz sets like the MC12 are hard to come by.

Not seeking to sell on here at the moment without Martin's permission but I would like some idea of what the model might go for.

Thanks,

Colin

rnli12

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Trumpeter Astute
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 05:43:39 pm »

Hi Colin, I am assuming the Trumpeter is the 1/144 scale version. It maybe Engel but possibly OTW or R&R Engineering but would need to see it to confirm as its a really small unit!
Rich
Regards,

Rich

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 06:49:29 pm »

Yes it is the 1/144 version. I've not seen it opened up myself but it is clearly a tight fit. The builder has used Engel equipment previously so I am reasonably confident this is installed. Hope to get it confirmed later this week. Photos below taken by family member.

Colin

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 09:45:22 am »

Doesn't look like an Engel system to me, not that you would be able to fit Engel tanks in a 1/144 Astute.

Looks like a system with a peristaltic pump, some larger shots of the complete dive module would be helpful.

Perhaps Maximus Modellbau, or something homebrewed?

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 02:06:01 pm »

They're just a German model sub vendor. They tended to make conversion kits for plastic models, but have moved more towards 3d printed hulls in the last couple of years, presumably as it gives a more stable source of supply as plastic kits often go out of production, and also allows them to make larger models.

Most of the industry is cottage based e.g. people working in backyard workshops, as the market is much smaller than comparative areas of the hobby.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 05:26:06 pm »

Thanks for all that, very much appreciated. I have explored the Maximus Modelbau site and although Astute is no longer listed it is evident that the guy was supplying the Trumpeter kit together with a set of specific 3D printed parts together with other components to make up the dive system. The buyer would supply the TX/RX. So the system is particular to that kit.

Looking at the prices for the other offerings on the site which appear to include a home grown sub kit I'd hazard a guess that the conversion kit for the trumpeter might have cost around £300-£350.

Colin

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2023, 06:39:49 pm »

285 euro according to their facebook page.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2023, 06:54:43 pm »

Not far out then!

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.