Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mr angry here !  (Read 24180 times)

djrobbo

Mr angry here !
« on: April 30, 2008, 07:12:04 pm »

>>:-( Well its official...........if you own a people carrier you officialy polute the air we breathe so much that the pillocks we call a government are going to put the road tax on people carriers up to 400 quid a year >>:-( >>:-(..........bloody idiots >>:-(.so that means that if you replace the seven seat people carrier with the two ordinary cars that would be needed to carry seven people , that would reduce the polution ..........i dont think so !!!!!!........plus now there are two cars instead of just one , so that cures the congestion problem then  !!!!!..........What really zigs me off is that  these idiots expect us to believe them......ggrrrrrrrrrrrrr >>:-(

gonna go and open a vein now !!!!!!

Stavros

Re: Mr angry here !
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 07:29:58 pm »

Yes BUT isn't it true to say that this gvmnt is going to double the tax also on cars that are over 7 yrs old.
It is about time that this country REVOLTED against the government and say hold on bellow holes!!!!! and say NO NO NO as it will yet again hit the common man in his back pocket.It is the prats that own 4x4rs that should have to pay at least £500 for tax as 99% of them don't need a 4x4 they are for POSERS.Sorry if I upset any 4x4 owners out there but YOU don't need them for ordinary driving and I mean going to the pub etc.4x4 should only be allowed to be owned by bonafide users like Farmers,oh and yes if you have a caravan that needs a 4x4 well change it and get a smaller one.If we got rid of all the caravaner's who need 4x4 unnecessarily to tow a van well think of the poloution saving.And before this turns into a hate the caravaner I own a van and tow with a car.
This government should go

Stavros

catengineman

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 07:50:33 pm »

I am not upset by your comments >>:-(

Yes I do have a 4X4?
Yes I do tow a van and trailer's
but did you know that MY 4X4 is SMALLER THAN a Ford Mondeo! has a lower emission than that car is the safest in its class What would be fair would be to have the revenue collected on fuel! but OH NO lets all knock 4X4's inc the "smart car version 4 wheel drive" which by its construction IS A 4X4!

While I will TOTALLY agree that the likes of BMW, Porche, Merc,Ferrari are OTT and would never get to go "off road" I on the other hand do have and will need to drive what I drive!
My car spends severn months out of the year doing nowt! I cant drive it while I am at sea!  nuff said I am calm nuff said I am calm nuff said I am calm {-)

Why can the media say GAS GUZZLERS !!! my car isnt one of them {-) {-)

R sorry  rant over

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 08:02:32 pm »

£300 for a 1.4N reg Astra obsurd!

The current govt is raping the working man for every penny he has and then demanding more, no wander the uk is looking towards a recession, a recession brouight on by TAX.

Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

catengineman

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 08:06:46 pm »

That would be an Astra,nomical rip off ;D

Sorry just couldn't resist

R

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 08:08:56 pm »

The actual charges are in the table near the foot of this document:

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/media/2/5/bud08_chaptera.pdf

Best to check before commenting guys.....

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 08:27:17 pm »

Of course they expect us to believe them, Robbo. Are we not the very pillocks who've voted them into office for the last 11 years? The choice is between Tories in suits and Tories in better suits. You pays your money and you takes your pick, but don't believe everything you read in the Daily Mud.

Please let's not allow this to descend into a tedious and ultimately inconclusive piddling contest about how many wheels on your car are connected to the gearbox or how many seats there are for you to have to take out to get your boat in. Been there; read it; yawned, and used the T shirt to wipe the dipstick.

Personally I tend towards Stavros' point of view but I'm damned if I could defend it except on the grounds of irrational prejudice but heck - prejudice can be FUN!! I reckon that the three funniest words in the English language at the moment are "Range Rover Sport" - who wants a 60 grand shed that'll do 12 mpg?! Are kids that fat these days that they need taking to school in 4WD trucks? As for "safe", just watch a Schoolrun Mum try to park a Land Cruiser Amazon in a slot any less than half a mile long - hilarious!

Mark - the Government should pay you to drive an N reg Astra, but you'd get no more than 40p a mile out of them before they taxed you on the payments! As an ex-taxman I hold that the rich and stupid are fair game; it's when the beggars start robbing the poor to pay the bankers' Christmas Bonuses that I get annoyed.

Ce n'est pas magnifique mais c'est le guerre..........

M. F Le Jacquet, Rue du Merde

djrobbo

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 09:26:55 pm »

Mr angry here !!! .......seems to have gone off the rails here :D , i didn't mention 4x4 coz i dunno what the pecker necks in whitehall have got in mind for them ......just heard on the radio what they reckon their going to charge people carriers and try to convince us that it because they pollute more utter b.s.  and as for elections dont be fooled into thinking you can vote out the pillocks when you want , i work in a school which is shut tommorow for voting.......er !....but there is no voting coz there are only two candidates contesting the seat and that means they give it to the person who  already  holds the seat......which means if you live in that ward you dont get the chance to vote for your prefered choice , tough s&\t you get who you dont want anyway.........so no change there then......

truly a fair system aint it...........not!!!

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 09:38:04 pm »

I wonder if there is such a thing as a benign dictatorship ? Much cheaper to keep one person and maybe his close pals in unearned wealth and get rid of the thousands of voracious politicians & cronies feeding off us as we have today. Of course there is a risk the dictator may turn into a Bob Mugabe.........not such a good option then  >:(

Mike

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 09:46:20 pm »

Looked at Russia recently......?

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 09:58:18 pm »

'Nuff said Colin  ::)

Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 10:32:29 pm »

The real problem is still overpopulation as it is people that cause pollution.
Any couple with more than one child is making a statement that they don't care about the problem.
Any couple with three children is making the statement that they care so little that they are happy for the population to increase by 50% despite the disasterous consequences on the planet.
More than 3 - words cannot describe such selfishness.

Cars generate 45 to 55% of the pollution during manufacture, and last on average less than 8 years.

However LANDROVERS tend to go on for 20+ years resulting in a lower lifetime carbon footprint than a eurobox, and use less resources on plastic trim and friparies like aircon and electric windows too.
So we should all be driving "the best 4x4 by far".

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 10:35:44 pm »

So if you use your Landrover to mow down all those excess children you are doing the planet a favour.....? :o :o :o

djrobbo

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 10:37:20 pm »

Take it youv'e got a landy then bee ?.....had a couple of range rovers only had one landrover........unless you count the one with the frost crane on the back.........wonderfull machine turning circle the width of wembley football pitch.......just right for london {-)

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 10:52:58 pm »

last rover I had only had open windows when you smashed them!

had to get out of the car to pay tolls on the M6 toll road.
heating- didnt work
electric windows - ceased to function
electric sunroof - ceased to function.

actually it was the most fuel efficient car i ever had, spent most of its time on the road being pulled by the AA

Pointy

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 10:55:37 pm »

If this really was about cutting down transport pollution then much more needs to be done with....ships! The worst source of emissions etc...

As for the tax, don't forget that we have 2 illegal wars to fight and an Olympic games we are told we need by a government led by a man no one actually voted for. Its just crazy, as for the former PM who lept at the chance to attack those 2 middle east countries? He now calls himself "Peace envoy for the middle east" words fail me.

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 10:57:27 pm »

want to cut pollution GO NUCLEAR and do away with coal and oil powered generating stations,

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 11:02:19 pm »

I don't disagree Ghost, but how do you get rid of the waste in the longer term? They say that firing it into the Sun in rockets is not the answer at the moment as the things are too unreliable and could simply spread it over a large area if a launch goes belly up!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 11:13:16 pm »

Actually I think the solution is on the horizon. If they can successfully crack nuclear fusion and find a way of disposing of the waste by getting it off the planet then there will be unlimited energy available. This can then be used to produce hydrogen for use in fuel cells to power vehicles with zero emissions. Too bad I won't be around to see it.

Colin

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 11:14:05 pm »

The radioactive waste remains HOT for a while after, not just in "rads", but in deg C, so why not use the heat from the decaying isotope in a Radio Thermal Generator and use the thermal energy given off by the nuclear waste.  

A for blasting nukes into space, an incident like Challenger or Arianne 5 #1 would have chernobyl like concequences.

Hydro is also an option but though the use of water is clean, the back fill behind the dam usually means loss of habitats for man and animal kind, as well as trees as not every mountain is suitable for hollowing out and putting a llanberis-esqe power station in it.

Geo Thermal, yes viable if you live close to an active volcano or two, not so for the uk.
Solar yes if you are in the desert like nevada australia africa or middle east, when did you last see the sun in the uk?
Tidal, salt water corrosion isnt really an issue, so thats feasable, however a plan to barrarge morcame bay was blocked by the green movement!

So really in that respect nuclear is the best option, and reactors now are far more efficient than before, so can get more energy out of 1kg of uranium than older types.  

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 07:47:55 am »

Ghostie - I always had you figured for a Rover driver. Have you any spare Betamax tapes, BTW?

Pointy - It's unquestionably true that the worse sauce of emissions is HP Brown. It's even got a picture of the Houses of Parliament on the label, and there's no denying that's where most of this country's worst emissions come from. My theory is that we should build cars from papier mache or balsa and fuel them with a politician in the boot, fed on HP Brown Sauce and blowing straight down the feed tube to a gas-powered engine. If we contrived to bury the exhaust pipe up the fundament of the said politician then we may even have solved the problem of perpetual motion - have you ever known one to shut up?

Bish - If we got the length of the string right we could tow a Black Hole behind the planet and chuck our radio-active waste into it. Job jobbed!

Bee - Like the majority of the population I've always lived and worked around a city and none of my Euroboxes has ever had more than two driven wheels. Frankly I doubt if I would notice the difference; we all go at the same speed in town. You stick to your 20mpg, hard seats, prehistoric heating/ventillation system and leaky windows and I'll feel nice and comfy and guilty in my 58mpg Corolla with all its fripperies.

Robbo - For goodness' sake stop reading the Daily Mail! There are far more worthy causes to get angry about. Some are even based on fact.

Boris for Mayor!!! (God help us.................. :o)

FLJ

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 08:31:37 am »

Can anyone in Hong Hong tell us what your road tax is, I'm told it's £2,000 a year.

bigfella

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 08:34:17 am »

You guys reckon your government is stupid. Our new government, who's election promises were to bring down grocery and petrol prices and the cost of housing, has put the tax up on diesel and put up the cost of registration of heavy vehicles. Now that does not seem too problematic in regards to the groceries and housing but when you consider the vast distance these things have to travel by road to supermarkets and building sites allover Australia, transport costs must and are factored in to the final price and thus everything goes up. Not the best thing to put downward pressure on inflation which is over 4%, its highest in 16 years.

Oh well I did not vote for them.

Regards David

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 08:35:02 am »

Yes BUT isn't it true to say that this gvmnt is going to double the tax also on cars that are over 7 yrs old.
Stavros
No
Table A.8b: VED bands and rates for private and light goods vehicles
registered before 1 March 2001 (pre-graduated VED)
Engine size            2008-091            2009-10
1549cc and below £120                    £120
Above 1549cc      £185                       £200

Welsh_Druid

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 08:56:18 am »

Ghostie - I always had you figured for a Rover driver. Have you any spare Betamax tapes, BTW?

Pointy - It's unquestionably true that the worse sauce of emissions is HP Brown. It's even got a picture of the Houses of Parliament on the label, and there's no denying that's where most of this country's worst emissions come from. My theory is that we should build cars from papier mache or balsa and fuel them with a politician in the boot, fed on HP Brown Sauce and blowing straight down the feed tube to a gas-powered engine. If we contrived to bury the exhaust pipe up the fundament of the said politician then we may even have solved the problem of perpetual motion - have you ever known one to shut up?

Bish - If we got the length of the string right we could tow a Black Hole behind the planet and chuck our radio-active waste into it. Job jobbed!

Bee - Like the majority of the population I've always lived and worked around a city and none of my Euroboxes has ever had more than two driven wheels. Frankly I doubt if I would notice the difference; we all go at the same speed in town. You stick to your 20mpg, hard seats, prehistoric heating/ventillation system and leaky windows and I'll feel nice and comfy and guilty in my 58mpg Corolla with all its fripperies.

Robbo - For goodness' sake stop reading the Daily Mail! There are far more worthy causes to get angry about. Some are even based on fact.

Boris for Mayor!!! (God help us.................. :o)

FLJ

HURRAH !!!! at last  -   a sensible contribution to the thread  :D

Don B.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.