Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reade Models  (Read 5526 times)

modeliggy

• Shipmate
Reade Models
« on: June 06, 2008, 10:48:04 am »

I ordered items from this retailer in May but have not received them. I have sent emails and tried phoning but can get no reply. Does anyone know if retailer is still in business.

Ian

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Reade Models
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 10:57:29 am »

Reade Models are members of the forum and are still in buisiness.

Have you tried phoning them +44 (0) 1606 871170 ?
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 02:30:45 pm »

modeliggy
I am very surprised by your comment, when I wanted something made a while ago the service from Reade Models was exceptional.
The price was good, the delivery service was fantastic.
Alan

modeliggy

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 06:05:55 am »

Hi I have tried the phone number you gave but it is ringing out it doesent even go to an answering service.

Ian

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 07:53:46 am »

modeliggy
I have just been looking through the members list and Reade Models were active on the site last night 6/6/08.
Maybe you should PM them.
Alan

barryfoote

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 07:58:39 am »

Alan,

That should not be necessary. Something not right if you ask me..

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 08:13:55 am »

Reade Models started a thread a couple of days ago on the Traders section to do with the Earls Court boat show, so they are active at the moment.
Alan

Reade Models

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 08:28:10 am »

Ian

If you would care to check your E-mail as of yesterday (Friday) and the PayPal dispute process that you started...

THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE NEVER RECEIVED YOUR ORDER VIA PAYPAL.  When an order is placed on our web site, we should automatically receive an E-mail with the order details from PayPal.

With your order that did not happen for some reason? We simply were not aware of your order until the PayPal dispute E-mail arrived on Friday evening.

Your goods will be dispatched to you today if the second item on your order arrives in the post this morning?  It is being sent up to us from BECC overnight.  We telephoned BECC as soon as we were aware of your order.  The first item on your order is already in stock.

Carol and I have both been out at work this week - we have to make a living.  I can only assume that you tried to telephone our number during business hours?  We went out on Wednesday evening this week as it was my parents 59th wedding anniversery - we took some flowers over for my mum, otherwise we have been at home every evening, and had you called then we would have taken your call and got your order underway.

We did get an E-mail from you.  It arrived in my spam folder on Friday morning and was headed simply  'Order'  I didn't recognise your E-mail address as a customer and deleted the E-mail unopened as I believed it really was spam - we get loads of spam E-mails with headings like 'Order' every day and have been hit with viruses from similar E-mails in the past.

At Reade Models, we do our best to deal with ALL orders in a prompt and efficient manner.  This time the system failed us, and started the first complaint that I can ever remember receiving from a mail order/internet buyer?

Orders from our many customers - we prefer to call them friends in the model fraternity, are vitally important to us and we make every effort to ensure that orders are filled and delivered promptly.  In this case, a problem occurred over which we had no control, but for which we apologise unreservedly.

Malcolm Reade
Reade Models
www.reademodels.com

As a general rider, would everybody who E-mails us for any reason in future, please make the purpose of your E-mail abundantly clear in the header strap. Thanks.

08h39 - The post man has just arrived with the second part of your order - Your complete oder will be dispatched to you immediately by first class post with a signature from you required.

Reade Models

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 01:09:53 pm »

Ian

Just to confirm that your order was posted at 10h50 this morning at Barnton Post Office.  Collection time from the Post Office was 11h30.  It was sent First Class Mail for a signature by yourself.

As soon as you receive the goods (probably on Monday 9th June) please close out the Paypal Dispute so that we can be paid for the order.

Regards

Malcolm Reade
Reade Models
www.reademodels.com

modeliggy

• Shipmate
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 08:39:17 pm »

Malcolm sorry for any confusion caused by paypal which by the way I will take up with them and I in no way wish to to take you to task over orders which were not your fault but we up here in the north rely on you for our model boat supplies. Hope you accept my sincere regrets for any inconvenience and your prompt action for deliverey of items.
Ian

Reade Models

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 09:12:58 pm »

Ian

No harm done....I hope that other Mayhemer's reading the thread will understand what happened and not think badly of us?

Dealing with the giants like PayPal isn't easy.  It's not often that things do go wrong, but when the do, they cause er, well... Mayhem!

We do supply many of our friends north of the border and we value their business greatly.  We only wish there were some really good shows in Scotland that we could attend.

Regards,

Malcolm

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 12:53:22 pm »

I've been selling quite a lot of stuff through an Ebay shop recently. On several occasions I've had notification of a sale (and payment made) from Ebay, but not the usual email confirmation of payment from Paypal. So Reade Models is not alone.

Jonty
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

nhp651

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 02:54:57 pm »

Quite honestly, I have had problems with paypall in the past and WILL NOT deal through them any more.
they charge the eaerth for a lousy service, and will do sod all to rectify problems that are their making when others carry the can, and quite sadly it is the inocent trader such as Malcome at Reade Mopdels that catches the flack and preverbial that hits the fan.

NO SIR, PAYPAL ARE NOT MY FAVORITES!

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 04:45:02 pm »

Judging by what has been stated in the last few postings I am pleased I backed Malcolm from the start. As I said earlier, I couldn't beleive that a trader who has links on Mayhem could let his customers own so badly. If Reade Models have products I require in the future I will use them without hesitation.
Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.