Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: M.P's SCANDALOUS BEHAVIOUR  (Read 17854 times)

nhp651

M.P's SCANDALOUS BEHAVIOUR
« on: May 14, 2009, 01:28:31 pm »

I heard the news today about Elliot Morley MP ripping off the tax payer for the last 3 years, claiming mortgage relief on a mortgage he no longer has.
I contacted the Inland Revenue as I thought that this would be a fraudulent act, and although they said that they would be investigating the matter, should I be so annoyed I should phone the police station to which he is a representative member, and report him.
I phoned Scunthorpe Police Station, and was told to report it as an incident, which I did.
Now that I have made an official complaint and report over the phone ( one of several made today) regarding the accusation of "Defrauding the Taxpayer" they have set up an incident log and will be investigating the matter.
I urge anyone who feels as strongly about these scumbags and their absolutely scandelous behaviour,as I do, to report them to the police station in which their constituancy falls.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIVE IN THAT CONSTITUANCY, to report them to the police. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

The long Build

Re: M.P's SCANDALOUS BEHAVIOUR
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 01:30:46 pm »

Thats your knighthood scuppered..

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 01:42:31 pm »

What I find exceedingly annoying is not that this system of handouts was in place, not that the system was abused - in some cases massively - and not that apologies have been issued.

No, what is really irksome is that the apologies and pay-backs have only occurred after they were found out.

That's what defines this as fraud to me.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

bogstandard

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 03:02:55 pm »

Because these 'second homes' are for when they are sitting in parliament, away from their constituency, why can't they use the same sort of B&B accommodation that is forced upon the poor families by their money grabbing actions in parliament? Methinks that if that sort of thing were to happen, most of them would resign.

These people need to be brought into the real world, rather than spongeing off the electorate and fleecing their owns nests with the proceeds.

The only politician who doesn't lie is either six foot under, or had their mouths stitched up, and how many of those have you seen lately.

Good on you nhp, a job well done. I just hope it is taken all the way, but very doubtful, they have too many associates in high places to carry out the cover up.

They should automatically freeze all their assets without warning, take back every penny of what they have ever claimed for, and kick them out onto the street with not a penny to their name. They will then soon know what it is like to be without, and try to live by their own rules.

I think there are more twitching "xxxxx" sphincters in parliament than at any other time in history because of all the revelations coming out.

We have been fleeced by these lying leeches for long enough, it is time to call it a day and sort it out once and for all, and form a new government out of the tattered remains, if there are any left.

Bogs

maninthestreet

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 03:06:34 pm »

Because these 'second homes' are for when they are sitting in parliament, away from their constituency, why can't they use the same sort of B&B accommodation that is forced upon the poor families by their money grabbing actions in parliament? Methinks that if that sort of thing were to happen, most of them would resign.

These people need to be brought into the real world, rather than spongeing off the electorate and fleecing their owns nests with the proceeds.

The only politician who doesn't lie is either six foot under, or had their mouths stitched up, and how many of those have you seen lately.

Good on you nhp, a job well done. I just hope it is taken all the way, but very doubtful, they have too many associates in high places to carry out the cover up.

They should automatically freeze all their assets without warning, take back every penny of what they have ever claimed for, and kick them out onto the street with not a penny to their name. They will then soon know what it is like to be without, and try to live by their own rules.

I think there are more twitching " Censored " sphincters in parliament than at any other time in history because of all the revelations coming out.

We have been fleeced by these lying leeches for long enough, it is time to call it a day and sort it out once and for all, and form a new government out of the tattered remains, if there are any left.

Bogs

They need to get one of those prison ships moored in the Thames - that should be ok for them, many of them seem to criminals. Time for the Revolution?

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 03:56:02 pm »

This isn't bad!  :}
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

cornishlad

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 04:12:16 pm »

I must come to the defence of our local lib dem mp.
she is under fire for claiming £999 for a rocking horse.
now come on, everybody knows a rocking horse is a essential
in todays modern world!!!!!!

andyn

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 04:19:59 pm »

Our local MP, Barbara Flollet is claiming expenses for the hanging baskets outside her house that she never lives in...

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 04:35:35 pm »

My sugestion would be, kill them all......................... :D
if that fails why not get one of the old MOD sites around London like RAF Uxbridge that I believe is to be sold for fancy housing
and do it all up into flats for these criminals.
Yes the original out lay may be a bit higher but it would be us that own it and I believe long term it would be cheaper.
I would suggets this also in scotland. In Edinburgh there is the old RAF Turnhouse site which closed in 1994-ish
it is beside edinburgh Airport, main trainline and 10mins from the motorway also the new tram system is having a depot built a stone throw away.
so in the morning there would be a specific tram to take them to the parliment and back. It would save a fortune instead of all their greedy fraudulant claims
and it does not have to be all singing and dancing, It has to be practical..............like student flats :-))
instead of renting them houses of thier choice

Tankerman

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 04:51:43 pm »

There used to be an Accommodation Barge moored in Portland port which was used as a Prison ship. Could that not be towed up the Thames and tied-up alongside the "members" terrace at the Houses of Parliament? They wouldn't then need to claim for second homes then.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 05:04:20 pm »

Although I totaly agree with the sentiments posted, I would urge all of you not to get too carried away with the "they're all at it" attitude. Are they? Out of 646 "members" (not including the joker that is a "Speaker" who can neither "speak,read or talk in a language known to man) only some of them have been considered to be "on the fiddle". Perhaps there are more. One is too many. Too late to say "sorry"...the damage is done. But I honestly believe that there are some honest MPs out there, and it is pretty unfair to tar them all with the same brush. Please, jail the guilty. Clean out the "stables", but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

MCR

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 05:12:25 pm »

Q: What do you call a100 MPs at the bottom of the sea?
A:  A GOOD START

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 05:20:32 pm »

Although I totally agree with the sentiments posted, I would urge all of you not to get too carried away with the "they're all at it" attitude. Are they? Out of 646 "members" (not including the joker that is a "Speaker" who can neither "speak,read or talk in a language known to man) only some of them have been considered to be "on the fiddle". Perhaps there are more. One is too many. Too late to say "sorry"...the damage is done. But I honestly believe that there are some honest MPs out there, and it is pretty unfair to tar them all with the same brush. Please, jail the guilty. Clean out the "stables", but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. BY.

All three main party leaders, Cameron, Brown and Clegg have all paid back money.  If it happens at the top, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's pretty systemic throughout the House of Commons?

So far, I think Gynger has had the best idea so far... Kill them all!

Malc

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 05:39:40 pm »

Nice to see a note of commonsense there Bryan. It's easy to jump on the "flog 'em all" bandwagon but it's only one step removed from mob mentality. As in every situation there are degrees of culpability. By all means pursue the offenders but don't tar everyone automatically with the same brush without the evidence.

How many people on here could honestly put their hands on their heart and say they've never been guilty of the slightest fiddle - ever thrown a sickie for example? OK, the amount's not so great but the principle is exactly the same. None of us are totally unblemished - except Martin of course....

Colin

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 06:17:51 pm »

I agree its all too easy to tar them all with the same brush, but what we have seem so far is beyond beleif! They claim its within the rules, and so it may be, but its certainly not within the spirit of the rules.

There appears to me to be some straight out theft here, and its theft in breach of trust, which is dealt with in court far more severly than straight forward theft .

I would have no problem with MP's being paid a good salary if they were the right man for the job, after all, they are supposed to run the country.

How can MP's earning £120k justify claiming £400 a month for food? what about the (genuine) unemployed and disabled and elderly who really struggle to eat properly?

Finally, where is the sense in a jounalist earning several hundred thousand and an MP salary that starts at £64k?

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 06:24:48 pm »

Can you please differentiate between EARNING and BEING PAID.   %%

Regards  Ian
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 06:25:36 pm »

unemployed not eating properly, ebven those who earn a living wage can't eat properly.  

It takes two or more incomes in a modern household to make it livable.  one man in a council flat, earning 5.75 per week will have to work 70 or more hours to be able to live comfortably.  

we payt to much incomre tax, too much fuel tax.  and we are taxced on other things as well, so basically the single lone person is well screwed.  
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 06:47:01 pm »

So what you are really saying is that apart from being marginally "legal" according to the "Rules" that they themselves drew up, they are now also guilty of immorality. I'll go along with that. But another question. How many of you have actually met your MP? If he / she is a high profile sort of muppet then the face may be recognizable from the telly. And they want to keep their addresses secret. No wonder. But who votes for them? You? Me? Some anonymous party hack that has managed to fiddle postal votes? Yeah, I thought so. Just because dad voted one way or t'other all his life doesn't mean blind allegiance for you...or does it. It was once said that a country deserves the Government it has elected. Perhaps it's just unfortunate that we now have a Prime Minister that was not elected beyond being an MP who comes from a marginal country who refuses (on good personal grounds) to put himself up for election.
It's no good whinging about all of this now. You voted the snake-oil slesmen "in"...and now you are reaping the results. Next time around, choose your vote carefully and not just on blind party political lines. I vote "Tory" (as must be evident), but I'm equally disgusted with some of them now. BY.

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 06:50:36 pm »

well a few years ago I voted labour, NEVER EVER AGAIN.

and no I wont vote BNP either, if they get in power, we'll see stazi police in black shirts, then we will have the end of British democracy.  no more elections, no opposition party, and the prime minister giving speaches wearing camo!

Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 08:19:58 pm »

Well considering my "MP" is one Alex Salmond who has been in Westminster 6 days in 18 months , drawn a full pay and allowances for his "second home" in London , is an MSP for Gordon ( yet again more expenses I think ) and the First Minister of Scotland ( Grace and Favour house , yadda yadda yadda ) and that he only shows his face where there is free food and whisky involved I think I won't be voting for him ( not that I ever did in the first place !!! )

The Fat Controller ( well have you ever seen Salmond !! ) is the leader of a single issue party that illegally stopped Scottish fishermen selling their boats ( with the quota ) out of Scotland for over a year and has been forced to back down yesterday and revoke his "law" ( statutory instrument only needs his scribble..... Scottish "parliament" wasn't involved at all speak about communist dictator... ) before some in the industry took him to court.

Nope I am voting UKIP from now on in , no other party has a sensible view on Europe or the Fishing Industry. UKIP wants us back to what we originally voted for in the 1970's , a trading block the EEC ( European Economic Comunity ) not a federal super state run by unelected faceless bureaucrats who can over-rule our elected parliaments laws.

If you really want to get control of the country we need to get out of the EU ASAP so we can regain the right to vote in the people who write our laws as 80% of the law passed every year for the country comes direct from the EU Commission.... Stalin would have loved this set up !!!!!!
Davie Tait,
Scotland

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 08:32:17 pm »

A number of years ago a colleague of mine accepted a half-full bottle of scotch from a young lady who worked for one of the airlines flying out of East Midlands Airport. She was a cabin attendant and the bottle had come from a duty-free "bar box".  He lived in the same small block of flats and had helped her redecorate her kitchen.
Some public-spirited soul alerted the HMC&E and thence their Internal Investigation Team (who all thought they were Reagan and Carter - and I don't mean the US presidents). This gung-ho shower descended on the poor man and promptly arrested him. They ransacked his flat and found the offending half-empty bottle. They suspended him without pay and told him he would be charged and brought to court before being sacked without any pension rights. He was nearly 60 and had already put in over 40 years' service. He committed suicide.

The duty on a full bottle was, at the time, around £4.

I have met our MP and I found him to be a selfish, arrogant, overfed oaf with an inflated idea of his own importance. It seems that some public servants are more equal than others.

He will lose his job if I have anything to do with it. I haven't forgotten that half-bottle, you see.

FLJ

bogstandard

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 08:50:34 pm »

Just to pick up on a point raised

It takes two or more incomes in a modern household to make it livable

Up until the 70's, a woman would work until they married, then would 'retire' to look after their home and children. People could live on one wage, and the only time a wife took on work was to make a little 'pin' money to buy luxuries if they wanted to. Almost everyone was happy. OK the poor were really poor, but I am talking about the general working population.

It has all swapped about nowadays, women are 'forced' to work, otherwise the government wants to know why.  

Greed took over amongst the working man, spurred on by the conservative party's way of thinking, grab what you can when you can, and a woman worked to help pay for all the consumer goods that the family 'couldn't live without', flash cars,big tellies, posh houses etc.

But it has gone a lot further than that now, because of all the fatcats living off the lowly, both people in the partnership are now forced to work, just to survive and try to keep a roof over their head.

So the fatcats are now moaning that we are not buying the expensive goods we used to be able to afford (by spending on plastic and bank loans).

So just to keep the fatcats in a lifestyle they have become accustomed, the government are giving them all massive loans (remember all the banks are run by fatcats and their supporters), that we and our grandchildren will be paying for for the rest of our lives. Just so that the fatcats can loan us our own money, and reap massive rewards off the top. They have really got their act together on how to con us even further.

Rather than the equality for all, the dream of the labour party, it is all have and have nots now, with the haves sucking the lifeblood out of the have nots.

Until the equality for all is brought back into the political agenda (it will never happen), not one single person is worth voting for.  Because as soon as the 'goodies' get amongst the fatcats, they soon change their thinking about the masses, and start looking after number one, and all their good intentions are consigned to the waste bin.

Rat poison springs to mind at this time.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 09:48:47 pm »

So the answer would be never to vote for someone who puts himself / herself up for election.  I'm all for that.
Years ago in Iran (just after it was called Persia) that principle was applied. Some poor misguided soul was appointed Minister for Transport. He failed in his duties and was duly shot. Good principle, but perhaps the penalty for failure was a little extreme.  But more seriously, just who can you trust? All our MPs know that they are just "rubber-stamping" edicts that come out of Brussels and "enhanced" by our own civil-service functionaries....perhaps that's why they don't bother turning up for "debates" in the "House".
My mind bleats when I consider what a bunch of winkers we (as a nation) have elected to represent our fears and hopes.
Why can't the Queen step in and call a halt...or do we have to await the coming of a second Oliver Cromwell (much good it did for him in the long term....it took a few hundred years, but all has reverted to type). BY.

Bee

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 10:40:15 pm »

While I agree these greedy so and so's should be taught a little humility I do resent the hooha being made over a few hundred thousand. I am far more concerned about the millions nay billions they are wasting in all sorts of other ways and would like to get back to having that sorted out even if it means putting them up in the Ritz.

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 12:58:40 am »

It's allright blaming the MP's for all this expences claims , but who decided that they could make the claims in the first place '
also the dept that deals with these claims do they just look at the figure and write a cheque out .
Come on nobody is that thick ,i mean if your in charge of expenses and some employee makes a claim for cutting grass or maitanance to a hellipad would you not ask questions, whoever set the system up should be questioned and also lets name the idiot's who hand out these payment's .
And as for the two silly beggers who tried to defraud the questions system they should lose their peerage.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 21 queries.