Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 30109 times)

OneBladeMissing

• Full Mayhemer
  • Man overboard! Leave Him! (Eric Sykes)
Re: Dogs
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2006, 04:46:34 pm »

Boxers! Best dogs in the world!
I took mine out with me the last time I ran my hydro. She charged up and down the edge of the lake every time it went past. Got soaking wet through. I think she'll stay at home when I go sailing again.
I can understand some people not liking to see dog muck here and there when they are going for a walk, but the way some people go on about it, you'd think dogs do nothing but take dumps every few paces. I was berated by one numpty who complained about the amount of dog muck near a local lake left, no doubt, by dogs owned by people like me. The lakeside was in fact covered (and I mean covered!) in an extensive carpet of wildfowl crapola.
"Give me a tall ship and a star to steer her by ..... or a short ship and a GPS!"

laserblue16

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2006, 07:34:17 pm »

When did cats stop s******g everywhere, at least my dog keeps the dirty sneaky deceptive little bu**ers out of our garden.

Red_Hamish

• Full Mayhemer
  • Have a wee dram and enjoy life
    • Edinburgh Model Boat Club
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2006, 09:06:31 pm »

Yep got two dogs, OK I know a little unconventional having two. Tthe older one a Labrador called Sandie is 12 and the young upstart is Millie a West Highland White Terrier is eight months old. Both are bitches and the children adore them. Sandie used to come out with me when I was a Sales Rep and sometimes i think ht ecustomers preffered to see her than me  ;D Photos attached of the adorable and not so adorable, I'll let you decide which.

cheers

Jim

p.s. the Lab is my dog, the Westie is the wifes'
Visit www.paddleducks.co.uk & www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org.uk for all your model boating needs!
See what life is all about www.visitshetland.com/sumburgh-airport-live-video This is the pace of life that the doctors prescribe, so laid back that you

Pointy

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2006, 09:21:46 pm »

They are both adorable in their own way Hamish! Dicky D, GSDs rock, whats his name? Roger, I've only ever seen one curly haird lab and they are as rare as they are beautiful. As for the dog poo question, well as with everything its up to the owner to get rid of it in a responisible manor and yes if that means carrying around bags of the stuff on a walk well so be it- I'm sure the dogs company would be worth it. I don't mind cats, very sweet in their own way but a little to independent for me. ;)

Keep telling me about your four legged friends!

ambernblu

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2006, 09:47:36 pm »

When did cats stop s******g everywhere, at least my dog keeps the dirty sneaky deceptive little bu**ers out of our garden.

Chris, what on earth do you mean?? Cats must be the cleanest pets known to man, whereas Dogs are among the dirtiest, slobberiest(?) and smelliest - 2nd only to Komodo dragons!

Plus, I've just spent 20 minutes watching that Dog Borstal TV programme - Good God, what IS all that about! A dog who is seriously threatening the life of an unborn child, but the owners are still prepared to give it house room!!!  ??? How crazy is this world... and they call that entertainment as well!  :o

Now I think I must have seen and heard just about everything. Yours truly, with gob thoroughly smacked!!  ;D

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2006, 10:23:35 pm »

I prefer dogs, but my mate's wife has 2 cats.
Ruined the 3 piece suite, living room and hall carpet by sharpening claws.
If you want a dog that looks at strangers with distain get a rottie.
Mine isnt huge, but she has such a strong personality.
cats train the owners, but dogs can be trained to behave as you want.
Rotties got bad press recently, but they were trained a guard dogs.
Tia is a great family pet.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2006, 10:24:50 pm »

Just remember the wise words of my oriental gran "Dog is not just for Clistmas, wiv a little care, dey be some left for boxing day."
The koreans have the right idea - roasted with veg.

I'm with Rick, animals are great in the wild, around here we must be the only ones without some form of pet, cats roam all over, messing in the flower beds, killing the wee birds. And dogs barking and whining because the owners have come in from work and chucked them out in the garden.

laserblue16

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2006, 11:20:52 pm »

Ambernblu. My dog is only 1, but she is much better behaved and cleaner than most 17 year old humans i know. Come to think of it, so are almost any aninals, including dung beetles and skunks.

Wetwater

• Full Mayhemer
  • My mind often wanders. Once it left completely.
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2006, 11:26:28 pm »

Dogs,  I like the assortment my wife has. Nice and cute, small, cuddly and no trouble at all. They sit in a wicker basket all day, and night, and don't make a sound.  Toy :) dogs are great.

My brother and I had a Spaniel when we were kids.  The novelty soon wore off.  Now I wouldn't want the bother of owning a dog.
I would feel a right Pratt being led around the streets and then trying to look invisible while the brown stuff was being ejected.

A major problem, which friends and relatives have often found out, is trying to get someone to look after them when going on holiday.  Not many people want to know these days.

Give me the toy one's anytime.   Still, each to his own.                                                                                                               PS.  I think my wife might have some pussy's as well.  ::)
Alan.

gary r uk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2006, 10:44:40 am »

Hi Pointy
Did your Prinz Eugen turn up how about a reveiw & some photos.
cheers
gary rowe
SAILING WITHOUT FAST ELECTRICS PRICELESS

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2006, 12:15:22 pm »

There is only one good thing about two cats, is that they make a nice pair of slippers....

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

ambernblu

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2006, 02:43:31 pm »

There is only one good thing about two cats, is that they make a nice pair of slippers....
Roy

Yes but Roy, kindly remember that in some countries, two dogs would probably keep a family fed for a month!  :o

If it was left to me, they could have made a start on any of those Dog Borstal dogs last night!  ;D

laserblue16

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2006, 05:04:36 pm »

I have tropical fish too, they are even better than dogs. :) :)

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2006, 06:16:24 pm »

A little different, here's my Grosser Schweizer Sennenhund or alternatively a Great Swiss Mountain Dog. Now 8, same age as my daughter. Big, friendly and protective but kids can do just about anything with her.
As regards the the cat/dog debate, we also have a cat, nothing like seeing the two of them curled up asleep together.
Which do I prefer? Well I'm a dog person, had them all my life except in the RM and when travelling. When I first moved here my wife had two so it didn't take long to get into the plastic bag routine. At the most we have had three, German Shepherd, Dachshund and a Jack Russel, that could get lively at times!!!

Pointy

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2006, 09:30:31 pm »

She's beautiful. :)

Malc Reade

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2006, 10:20:32 pm »

Or a pair of paint rollers?  ;D ;D

Malc

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2006, 10:27:34 pm »

If canines are so superior why do they call it Dogging and not Catting?  ::)

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2006, 10:44:21 pm »

OK

so why Dog Tired but Cat Nap?

However, both Cat Fight and Dog Fight  also Dog's B*****k's and Cat's Whisker's.

Doug

Bemused by most of this thread
Don't Assume Check

Roger in France

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 06:50:57 am »

POINTY..... just a minor correction. A Curly Coated Retriever is not "....a curly Labrador...". The Curly is a pure breed which pre-dates Labs. and Goldens. They come in solid black or solid liver only, as both colours are dominant there are no mixtures or markings of any sort. Their face is smooth and typical of a retriever but the rest of the body is covered in small, tight curls. They seldom bark (mine dislikes our auto gates!). They are one man's dog but simply avoid other humans and dogs if they can, no aggression.

Anyhow, I think that is enough about dogs on a Model Boat Forum, it had not been my intention to prolong this thread but I had to protect the Curly image!

Roger in France.

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006, 11:38:58 am »

Well you can keep both the dogs and cats, I will stick to my birds as at least they can be taught to talk, and they make more sense than the missus....

Roy

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 11:44:59 am »

There you go cobber. Talking to the birdies now !! :o :o
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 12:48:32 pm »

Yes Richard  at least they don't just bark and crap in your boot.....;D ;D

Roy

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 03:54:39 pm »

Aussie birds bark then ?? :o :o
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:07:29 pm »

Aussie birds bark then ??

Only after you've married them!  :D

Pointy

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 07:47:52 pm »

Oops sorry Roger, didn't mean to upset any curley haired retrievers!  :-[

Anyway whats wrong with this thread? "General chit chat, Feel free to talk about nearly anything and everything in this board."

Although I can't own a dog what do you guys think of me sponsoring a greyhound? In all this world of suffering and death should I be using my hard earned on charities for humans or do rescue dogs need all the help they can get?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.