Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 30301 times)

polaris

• Shipmate
Re: Dogs
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2007, 07:21:51 pm »

Dear All,

Have a 4.5 yr. old Welsh Mountain Pony! Took this aft. off and took him for a swim in the sea - far far too windy for boats on lakes, but doesn't stop a pony sailing well on the seal!!!! ;D - he likes swimming!

Regards, Bernard

Tom Eccles

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2007, 07:47:56 pm »

Hi Guys.
My wife and I share our lives with a beautiful black lab named Monty ( If I new how to post pictures on the forum I would) Monty is a P.A.T. dog and when I survived a stroke in 2003 he was with me all the way.
Monty taught me to walk in a straight line again by nudging me into line with his back end and didn't mind one bit as I practised my speech therapy exercises on him. For some months after the stroke he would lie across my feet whenever I sat down, I guess he wanted to know instantly if I moved.
He loves to meet people and reacts well with dogs, cats, children etc. The only creature he chases are squirrels and of course he has no bloody chance there.

He is a star. If it was him or the boats then the boats would go.

Cheers
Clegg

hiapita

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2007, 08:21:56 pm »

This is my dog her name is Lottie and she is a collie cross labrador, she is very silly and she chases anything shiney and shadows.

Hannah.

Red_Hamish

• Full Mayhemer
  • Have a wee dram and enjoy life
    • Edinburgh Model Boat Club
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2007, 09:05:57 pm »

Hello all, well it has been a long time since I last posted. We've been rather busy since moving home and if anyone is wondering where this is going it is relevent to dogs. As I posted last year we had two dogs. Sadly when we decided to move home the wee Westie had to be rehomed. Moving to a rural location would you'd have thought been ideal. Sadly no Millie has been rehomed in a nice quiet suburban area where there are no sheep, cattle, fowl or rabbits to chase. Had we brought her with us it would almost certaainly have been signing a death warrant. Farmers can be over protective of beasts and some would say justifiably so. Basically we thought it better to settle Millie and take the subdued lab with us. Now we are on the lookout for a rescue lab which we know will be more bidable.

On the lookout

cheers

Jim
Visit www.paddleducks.co.uk & www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org.uk for all your model boating needs!
See what life is all about www.visitshetland.com/sumburgh-airport-live-video This is the pace of life that the doctors prescribe, so laid back that you

pops

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2007, 12:28:31 am »

Here is my dog Marty. He is always happy.

pops

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2007, 04:12:34 pm »

Unfortunately, just two days after I posted a pic of Marty, my Wife's dog "Phillip" past away. He was extremely loyal to her as he would follow her everywhere even if it was only a few steps. Phillip lived a long and eventful life though. May he rest in peace.

cdsc123

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2007, 04:42:13 pm »

Chin up Mrs Pops, I know exactly how it feels, it is no fun at all  :'(

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2007, 10:30:27 pm »

Excuse me gents, but I have a ROYAL dog, a Corgi no less {-) {-). Her name is Cassie, 7 years old and very active for a Corgi, or so our vet tells us, although you wouldn't think so judging by one of the photos.
Peter

wingertaz

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2007, 10:58:38 pm »

Unfortunately the area I live and the lack of police prescence  :( has made having a loyal companion almost a necessity.

bigford

« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2007, 11:35:07 pm »

c.d. my daughter jordan and rebel

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2008, 07:03:57 pm »

Just had to have our Honey put to sleep.
It was her 12th birthday.
Not good at the moment,
(Non-Dog people won't understand)

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2008, 07:25:18 pm »

Dear Frankie,

Sorry to hear, know how painful such things are - excellent p.graph.

Regards, Bernard

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2008, 07:44:00 pm »

What a superb looking animal.
She is out of her pain now.
I know she will be sorely missed.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2008, 08:34:22 pm »

Like loosing your best friend. 

I've lost 3 to date

But have found there is always a dog willing to adopt you (in time)   

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2008, 08:39:29 pm »

Frankie,

I had the same, with a goldie similar to yours 3 yrs ago - not an easy time.

Within 6 months we had another dog, this time a Black lab. Getting another dog was the best thing we did. We deliberately got a different breed to avoid comparison.

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

GaryM

« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2008, 08:44:07 pm »

funtimefrankie - sorry to hear your sad news, keep your chin up.

regards
Gary

Pointy

« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2008, 10:13:52 pm »

Sleep tight beautiful.  :'( :'(

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2008, 11:46:28 pm »

Frankie:  You have my condolences. About three years ago, just before Christmas, I had to put my Golden down. Comet was 14, a good innings for the breed, but he was in pain. The interesting part is my Border Collie, who was two years at the time, only came out of her kennel for barn and evening field chores for three days after Comet went. She hardly eat anything during that time. Two weeks later she took over the old boys favourite spot by the sofa that he had kept to himself. Now she's top dog. Animals feel the pain of loss as much as humans.

oldiron

Roger in France

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2008, 08:16:40 am »

Frankie,

Sorry to hear your news. For those of us who love dogs it hurts, it hurts a lot.

Take some cheer from the fact that you gave her a good life and did what you knew you had to do for her, in the end.

Roger in France.

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2008, 07:10:21 pm »

Thanks all for your kind words.
Frank

botchit

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2008, 09:06:48 pm »

Know exactly how you feel Frankie, i had a fox terrier for 14 years took him every where except work. For a while after he passed on still  used to call him to get in car. That was 30 years ago but still remember like yesterday the laughs and experiences whilst out fishing or just strolling around the hedge rows. Have a 10 year old std staffie now, a big strong lad, if i get the lead out looks as if to say is the car broke fatty.Loves nothing better than digging holes out the back. I ignored him while playing with mini helicopter once , he caught it taking off bit it in half  almost i thought half his teeth would come out when he got it.Also sqashed hovercraft once chases it now. Swmbo has a cavalier spaniel all i can say about him lovely dog active friendly great fun when out real comedian and its a good job the props not turning when he finds my  boats yes very friendly indeed.

GaryM

« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2008, 10:29:58 pm »

Here's a photo of my two, Shelly (9) and Lilly (12 weeks)
So much energy, so much fun.

regards
Gary :)

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2008, 10:43:36 pm »

hi franki Sorry to hear about your loss .Honey was a beautiful dog . I can only try and guess how you must feal. I got a goldie my self called henry and he means the world to me more than any boat.

john

Damien

« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2008, 12:16:00 am »

Sorry for your loss franki,
We have lost 3 in under a year, Snoopy our son's dog with us from 8 wks left with us after Jnr moved out. Pete my pal saved from needle at age 4 both went one day apart to old age sept '07 both 14 yrs and Little Sheba had her from 6weeks, An absolute treasure travelled every where on Jo's (wife) knee on her mobility scooter, is  missed by hundreds of passers by she brought a huge smile to on shopping trips the decision to put her to sleep was the most heart wrenching we've ever had to make. She was 14y 10mths it was especially hard as she looked well but had Pancreatic cancer. She was the last of 6 dogs we've had over 21yrs, it is so quiet and lonely with out her demands for attention, food & a cuddle, out of habit i still put my plate on the floor when i'm finished.
I feel for anyone who has lost a MATE.
Left to right  Sheba, Snoopy and Pete.

hanna

« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2008, 02:42:41 am »

sadness felt for you all, its not nice I also been there recently when a good friend went. Peggy never made that perfect gun dog but did make it as a friend.

The door stop, sorry I meant Molly I think still misses her. I'm sure she comfort eats and I relay miss those days watching a monster like Molly playing with a lightweight like Peggy!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.