Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wenting on a new engine  (Read 7570 times)

Bernhard

wenting on a new engine
« on: February 04, 2010, 12:03:53 pm »

hi...so are the boat nearly ready,,,just neat another engine,,this is a Graham i test,,,bot Nick  will do me a Sparrow,sun..,i have let the Richmond go and the ACS to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Regards Bernhard             graham test                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCJmVY2HNI8       

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: wenting on a new engine
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 12:52:53 pm »

You can't help but smile when you look at your models Bernard.  They really are superb and a testament to excellent modelling and attention to detail.

What may be usefull to a lot of members here would be telling us where you get the individual detail fittings from so they can also look at adding a bit of life to thier models.  I have a Borkum, built as a pristine model with dolls house figures, which I would dearly love to make a lot more like your models.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

red_noir

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 01:48:31 pm »

WOW !

thanks to Bernard Im looking at doll house miniature's now on eBay ! who would have guessed !

Bernhard

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 02:38:28 pm »

Many Thanks..Yes from Ebay...uk..and USA,,,  1/12....and 1/6,,,,,,,,,,  and Figure  are  nautical  shelf sitter   or nautical figurine...bot can be difficult to find the right size,,,,and some part i look under  .. miniatures.....OH yes a borkum cut be real fine to do something to,,,.. This is the machine i will get to it,,,,,,,
Regards Bernhard..

kno3

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 04:33:30 pm »

Bernhard, I just love discovering new details in your boat, chicken, cabbage etc.  :-))
And the engine looks much nicer now with the new brass covers.
Great!

Did you also change the square valve chest covers...?

Bernhard

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 06:23:28 pm »

Thanks...yes i did them to...yes the engine look alot better with this on ,,and the Graham Engine run real good,,strong even with very low psi,,,,steam and water tight,,,,bot i will like to only use 2 servo in this one,,,

Regards Bernhard

kno3

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 06:46:17 pm »

Then I guess you need either a piston-valve engine with reversing valve like the Sparrow or another oscillator  O0

Bernhard

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 06:55:08 pm »

yes,,,and Nick from Monahan...is working on a Sparow right now,,

muduck

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 09:15:48 am »

Bernhard, what is the hull, is it a scratch build off plans?..If so, what is it called.

Love your attention to detail..am green with envy... O0

Bernhard

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 01:00:09 pm »

Thanks i did by the boat some years ago...maybe not that easy to get hands on anymore..mostly aut of stock

http://seagifts.com/whitstarlinl.html

i did see one on Ebay Germany  
 http://cgi.ebay.de/NEU-Schiff-Rettungsboot-White-Star-Line-Titanic_W0QQitemZ370292215387QQcmdZViewItemQQptZNautika_Maritimes?hash=item563722ce5b#ht_500wt_956                

mogogear

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 10:51:56 pm »

Bernhard probably has all of these he wants- but I found them at this place --has a very similar name to the other site..but the lifeboats are $150 -- and in stock--So save $30!!!! I know Bernhard may have all that he wants in his fleet- But I may also have  to buy one and play with it..Shipping to me in the US ( from the store in the US) was $17..not bad

http://sea-gifts.com/whitstarlinl.html

The only difference in the website name is the hyphen between sea- and -gifts--sure looks like the same website

Also I think I recognize this whale boat as one of Bernhard's hulls also.Best price I could find was $200..it is 36"
 long. Bernhard- I hope this was OK to post ? I don't think anyone will ever match your creative eye and technique...But you sure make me want to be a better modeler.

http://www.giftsforprofessionals.com/item/whale-boat-model

Bernhard

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 01:33:19 pm »

Hi...so i have get the Sparrow,,,and have it in the boat,,,be runing in 1 1/2 hours..Run real well,,strong and with a nice sound,,,,,,,,,,bot will neat around 10 hours to be broken in,,,

Regards Bernhard      
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YotBXMub88g

benjaml1

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 02:59:24 pm »

Very very nice...  :-))

pipercub1772

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 09:27:38 pm »

looks great bernhard i have thought of geting a sparrow engine myself  only had oscilators up to now,i have a maccsteam 3/1/2 horisontal boiler wot length of steaming time would you expect without the water pump i notice yours has one maybe its to early for  you to calcalate this as its not run in yet , nice looking engine though,regaurds allan

Bernhard

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 07:12:50 am »

Hi.....A nice engine it is,,,,, with around 40 psi,,,and 34cl,,,water,,,,,,,in run 20 minutes now,,,,,,with a OK sped,,,

Bernhard

kno3

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 12:32:14 pm »

Very nice engine, it's the first time I see the Monaham Sparrow in use.
How does it compare in size, power and weight to a Graham TVR1A? The Monahan website seems to be down at the moment...

Bernhard

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 01:15:58 pm »

Hi..around the same size and wight,,,run real fine it do,,,Bot again ,,,you get a  real good looking and working engine from graham,,fore a fair price,,,you know i have 2 of them....both runs and sounds TipTop,,,i did have 3 both sold one to a friend,,,,,,,,,,did you make  a new front covers to yours

kno3

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 01:25:12 pm »

Thanks. No new covers yet, but they are not forgotten.

Bernhard

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 06:25:08 am »

andywright

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 09:30:27 pm »

Bernard,
Saw your question on ebay, ask him to take the mast out, it looks like the mast would fit inside the boat to me, the boat is nice to steam, deep kelson aft for you to fit a propellor.
Andy
Navigational Aids vessel Master. Old Conway 70-72

Bernhard

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 06:17:51 am »

Hi...Yes ,,Thanks,,,he can just cut the mast..no neat fore it, thats true... bot i reale dont neat another launch right now,?..bot a nice boat fore a ok price i think.......

Regards Bernhard

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 08:01:48 am »

Hi Bernhard have you got any more info on the pump that you put on top of the servo in post 50, do you have any plans or close ups of it, I saw the Ragnar one that was posted but for the price it's a bit much 100 euro's plus servo. so I want to make my own

thanks

Peter

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3720.50

Bernhard

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 03:55:04 pm »

hi,,,Thanks,,,i have just get the regner pump...first class it is,,,,and it is with the servo ,,ready to use,,,so i think the price whas ok,?....i did try it..work tip top..........i have no plans ..

Regards Bernhard

Flyerjeff

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 01:58:27 pm »

As always BEAUTIFUL model Bernhard.
You do the work of a Master Model Maker
Thanks for sharing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.