Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steam Trawler "Bayflower"  (Read 24622 times)

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Steam Trawler "Bayflower"
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2011, 10:06:26 pm »

Sorry for the delay in getting these up here for you Bryan , only just found the disc I'd saved them on

The images show how the gear was worked on the old side trawlers and explains the way the doors are rigged better than I described them

Davie
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2011, 05:58:17 pm »

Davie, thanks for your further explanation. It has been a source of bewilderment (to me, anyway) as to how the 2 towing wires were laid out. I never thought of such a thing as a "towing block"....but it now makes sense. Alas, there are so many "unknown unknown" things here (to paraphrase a certain American) that to make sense of it all I think I'd have been better off and wiser to build a 1:1 model! But in the absence of that, I'm sure that other sidewinder builders (and fans of same) will have learned a lot from your input to my ignorant questions. Thank you. Bryan.
Notes from a simple seaman

Harquebus

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2013, 08:52:57 pm »

In the interest of further information, came across these older videos on YT showing exactly how these trawlers were used to include the rigging, trawl winch, bollards, otter boards, etc. A two part affair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4AuwMigSrg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-lbsq8CjZI

Very interesting imho.
~Harq
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.