Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conrad Electronics / Modelcraft RC  (Read 2965 times)

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
Conrad Electronics / Modelcraft RC
« on: July 12, 2011, 08:39:06 pm »

Hi all,
does anyone have any experiences or comments to make regarding Modelcraft RC systems as supplied by Conrad Electronics. Thinking of buying a 40mhz 4 channel system from them, price 50 euros without servos!!

Terry.
Wullie,s place is an apology free zone

Chameo

Re: Conrad Electronics / Modelcraft RC
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »

Hi Terry,

well, Conrad sells rc systems from several manufacturers under their Modelcraft label. Most of them work quite well.
But do you really need a 40MHz system? There are better and cheaper 2.4GHz systems out there.

Regards

PS: You may write me a PM, so we could talk about this in german...

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 04:22:37 pm »

Not if he's building a "U" boat.   :}

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 06:52:37 pm »

Thanks for the offer of German conversation Chameo, I am an Englishman living in Vienna, and I am ashamed to say that my German is not that good  :(( I am still not sold on 2.4GHz. I hear too many negative comments about it, I know that 40MHz is tried and trusted, and don't want to risk my shiny new yacht.

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 07:23:24 pm »

Terry. Im surprised that youve heard too many negative comments about 2.4. Apart from the fast i/c lads
saying that there sets can glitch.I can say that the sets perform very well.What problems have you had or
know about? What make sets did what?.Thanks John.

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 09:40:15 pm »

I am returning to RC modelling after a while away from the hobby. 2.4GHz is completely new to me, and I have never owned or used it. I have read a lot regarding aerial positioning below the waterline being a problem, sets that "unbind" themselves unexpectedly, and blind spots on the water. As I said 40MHz is tried and trusted, 2.4GHz tried but not yet trusted, at least by me.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 10:10:22 pm »

Most of those stories are from the early days of 2.4Ghz, the naysayers, the distractors, technophobs and Luddites.
Even cheapo 2.4Gig radio is better than most of the 27 & 40MHz, better range, no crystals, less interference.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

wullie/mk2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 10:25:55 pm »

Thanks for the replies, will go away and have a think now, maybe 2.4 is the way to go. Martin's reference to Luddites  {-) may have tipped the balance!!

triumphjon

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 10:40:53 pm »

ive been using 2.4 ghz in both of my yachts , i operate in the sea and have to contend with 3 - 4 ft swells when a cross chanel ferry passes by , to date ive not had any problems with these radios !

JayDee

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the VERY Best !
    • JOHN DOWD
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 11:01:13 pm »

Hello,

Have a look at the thread at,  http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=25779.0
I am sure that it will convince you that these sets are terrific !!.

John.  :-))
My Projects, Photos and Videos
http://www.john-dowd.

Nordsee

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 10:00:10 am »

Hello, I too live in Germany and have dealt with Conrad for years, good prices and super Service! ( Order before 11.00 one day, next day delivery!) Never a problem with returns either, on the few occasions when that was necessary. They have some super bargains with their Radios sets. I am seriously thinking of buying a 6 channel, Computer Radio, presently only 69 Euros. It was over 129 last year! On 40 of course, but tried and true. The only difference is fitting a long Rx Aeriel, with a sailing boat no probs, just run it up the mast! I Have a Planet in my Fishing Ketch, it has a range that is Ok for close in sailing, about 100 yards, but sometimes loses signal when farther away. Not really a problem when you know, and I do not often sail that far away. (Can't see what the model is doing!! :o) I can recommend Conrad, do not know the delivery details for Austria, but should think that they do deliver there!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.