Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Ellesmere Port 2012 Show  (Read 31077 times)

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Ellesmere Port 2012 Show
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2012, 10:02:46 pm »

The covers blown - even got two pics with me in them!!

LB

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2012, 10:43:57 pm »

Yes, but which ones LB? Your covers not blown yet. {-)

Dave

The long Build

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2012, 12:02:54 am »

Yes, but which ones LB? Your covers not blown yet. {-)

Dave

I'm suspecting no's 6946 & 6954

AT Boatyard

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2012, 12:33:00 am »

Hi everyone,

Mrs A Team Boatyard here.

Looks like everyone is having a great time at Ellesmere Port.
The pictures look great.
Thanks for all the support that you are giving Alan and Phil, it makes everything worth while.
Hope that you all enjoy the show tomorrow and wish you all a safe journey home.
Take care

Debbie (Alan's wife) x

tugnut

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2012, 08:16:39 am »

You are right ther Debs to much fun O0.
great pictures  John B

cloggie

« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2012, 10:47:56 am »

I've just downloaded about 200 photographs of the Ellesmere Event form Saturday for those interested. I'll try to repost here when I have time. regards Bry

at The Model Warship Forum.  http://rnwarships.informe.com/forum/events-f14/ellesmere-port-model-boat-show-2012-pictures-t590.html

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2012, 07:10:55 pm »

WE LOT THAT SORT THIS SHOW OUT JUST WANT TO THANK ALL WHO CAME AND MADE THIS SHOW WHAT IT IS ALSO THANKS GO TO ALAN AND PHILL AT AT BOATYARD THAT IS ONE HELL OF A MODEL SO POWERFUL IT NEARLY DRAGED 3 POWERFUL TUGS UNDER ON ONE PROP LOL .
I ALSO WANT TO THANK ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE WHO CAME TO PUT OUT AND STAYED TO HELP PUT AWAY IN RECORD TIME TOO BUT A BIG THANKS HAS TO GO OUT TO OUR CAPITAN MR JOHN HUGHES FOR KEEPING EVERYTHING ON TRACK AND TAKING ALL OF THE WORRYING FOR US  SO THANKS ALL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

STEVE

The long Build

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2012, 07:22:06 pm »

And I am sure that all the clubs and traders fully appreciate all the hard work You and your Crew put into this, ok it rained, it Hailed and there was some sun , but it was still a great Weekend, Looking forward to next year..   :-)) :-))

Regret I could not make it to the Evening sailing but I do hear it was a great success..

Larry

Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats.   

poll

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2012, 08:18:26 pm »

Hi Steve. Mike. John. & rest of the crew.
Thanks for the week end. I had a good time & thanks for looking after me lifting the boats in & out. Just a few nights shots not to good I had no trypod with me, that's my excuse. LOL  :-))

John

poll

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2012, 08:20:44 pm »

More

John

poll

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2012, 08:23:29 pm »

More

John

poll

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2012, 08:27:14 pm »

Last ones folks.

John

garston1

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2012, 08:28:59 pm »

Thanks to everyone that bought from the Bring and buy, making it a record year with over 30 models sold over the two days. It was also nice to meet old friends and put faces to names. Was I the only one that was glad that the weather was slightly inclement? It certainly brought the buyers in! Here's to next year.

biggus ditchus

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2012, 10:02:39 pm »

Have to say I really enjoyed my day spent at the show on Saturday, the models on display were outstanding but to me what stood out was the lifeboat with the amazing sounds.   Came along with the truck lads, have to say the barge/ferry was a nerve racking experience...

Im sure I can say on behalf of the truckers thanks for giving us a great place to run and to show off our trucks.  :-))

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2012, 10:06:15 pm »

On behalf of the members of Kirklees Model Boat Club who attended the show, either visting or manning our club stand, I would like to thank all that were involved for making the weekend go so well .

Stan Reffin
Kirklees Model Boat Club
 :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

tugboyben

sailorboy61

« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2012, 06:49:21 pm »

WE LOT THAT SORT THIS SHOW OUT JUST WANT TO THANK ALL WHO CAME AND MADE THIS SHOW WHAT IT IS ALSO THANKS GO TO ALAN AND PHILL AT AT BOATYARD THAT IS ONE HELL OF A MODEL SO POWERFUL IT NEARLY DRAGED 3 POWERFUL TUGS UNDER ON ONE PROP LOL .
I ALSO WANT TO THANK ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE WHO CAME TO PUT OUT AND STAYED TO HELP PUT AWAY IN RECORD TIME TOO BUT A BIG THANKS HAS TO GO OUT TO OUR CAPITAN MR JOHN HUGHES FOR KEEPING EVERYTHING ON TRACK AND TAKING ALL OF THE WORRYING FOR US  SO THANKS ALL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

STEVE

Thanks to the organisers  for making our 'local' show possible. Well done all.

balders

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2012, 09:43:08 pm »

Thanks to all who worked hard to put on this event.I and my mates had been looking forward to it for ages.There were some beautifully made models on display and the on water activity was good.Enjoyed seeing more of the truck guys work and hope they become a regular feature.Bring and buy had some interesting and tempting offerings and was busy every time we tried to look in.

A lovely venue which we always look forward to visiting but notice the numbers of trade support is sadly in decline.Is it because the traders have such a job getting all their wares over the bridge and into the museum building?Whatever the cause,It concerns me that the lack of trade support may have a negative affect on this show.

Personally I always have a fairly big list made out in readiness for shows as I like to speak to the traders,seek their advice and know that I will be going home with most of the stuff I need to make good progress with whatever project is ongoing.

I am sure like  most of us we no longer have a Model Shop anywhere nearby and as  good as t'internet is it's great to pick up a load of stuff at a show.

I hope the club who work hard to put on this show do not think I am complaining,I think you will agree my comments are mostly positive,I just hope you can find a way to bring back the trade in bigger numbers.

Incidently we left Ellesmere early and shot across to the new show at Manchester on the way back to Derbyshire.Stunning models great venue but personally very little to interest you if your main interest is boats.I expected lots of trade from RC plane,cars,trucks and more.The only saving grace for me was the sight of Component Shop.

If you enjoy model engineering then you will enjoy this show but I will give it a miss in future.By the way we went in the wrong door at this venue first and found ourselves queuing up for a Tattoo show!I think we looked a bit out of place and scurried off as soon as we realised everyone else was less than half our age and had funny coloured skin.Maybe another time!!

Andy.

john44

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2012, 12:05:42 am »

I must admit one or two in our group said they will not visit again.
You can argue the point that it is beyond the control of the organizers to which traders visit,
but as said previously they had shopping lists that could not be filled, as normally could at the show.

I really enjoyed the show as I do every year with some superb boats on show and on the water
and the entrance fee is very reasonable, unlike Warwick which I think was a bit steep.

john

NickKK

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2012, 12:49:14 am »

I have to agree that the show was well worth attending. I really enjoyed talking to a few of the guys from the boat clubs about their boats. Picked up a few tricks and tips and a few idea's about my next boat ... Or three ..I hope it was the success it looked to be from my point of view. Rare to get a view of the boats sailing while having a brew.

I have to say the traders that attended the show were brilliant. I got everything I needed from there to complete my current projects. It would have been nice to see some of the other well known names there too.

I am going to make an even greater effort to support the traders who turn up to the smaller shows, like Ellesmere Port and the other local shows and events I attend. I am going to go to those people first and if they can't get what I need then I will look around ... But I am going to support the traders that support our club events first and foremost.

I'll be going to Haddock Park next and I will be going to go the traders that were at Ellermere Port first for what I need...

Darklord

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2012, 03:11:08 pm »

Big thanks to all of the organisers for another good show.
I came both days but only brought my boats for the Sunday as I was trying to get a my 'Skip Neddy' up and running.
I would of liked to see the night sailing, as the pictures look awesome! I think that's the beauty of this show is being able to bring boats and sail them.

It was gutted that my 'Skip Neddy' never made it through the Sunday (Propshafts snapped) but at least I had my little Southampton to take for a spin. (and rescue a boat  :-))

It was a shame about the lack of traders, but I think they had all of the bases covered concerning bits and pieces and I even managed to buy all of the parts for a little 'Springer Tug' project.  ;)
I decided to bite the bullet and join the Ellesmere Port boat club as it's really local for me and they seemed friendly enough.
There were a few nice bits of kit in the bring and buy i had my eye on, but SWMBO threatened to kill me if another boat came into the house. (Springer tug was smuggled in in pieces  ;))

See you all soon. Looking forward to another one!
Steve.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2012, 03:27:59 pm »

SWMBO threatened to kill me if another boat came into the house.

Show us your boats Steve. :}

Dave

jaylock

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2012, 06:20:25 pm »

Hi. Jason.
Thank's for telling the lads  about my uploaded video's. of the show. I have a few more clips that will be uploaded in a couple of hours.
thank's again.
John L  :-))

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2012, 06:55:07 pm »

We had a great time at the Ellesmere Port show. A terrific venue, good weather, good food and good people. A special mention for Michael Friend who assisted me in launching and recovering Parat and even towed both boats on a trailer to the car. Very much appreciated Michael, thankyou.
     I was unable to get any steam fittings at the show but did manage to sell and get a good price for my much too big feed pump and oiler at the bring and buy. Thanks guys.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/

Peter

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is theBest!
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2012, 07:44:49 pm »

We had a great weekend at the show, attending on both days.
Met some old friends and made some new ones.
Particularly enjoyed the talks with Alan and Phil of A T Boatyard, and seeing and finding out more about the Type 45.
This was the main reason for our trip down from Edinburgh this year, and was worth the journey.
So, thanks  again Alan and Phil, and I hope Phil has now made a full recovery.

Peter and Alistair
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.