Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/24 S-Boat???  (Read 4559 times)

killick

1/24 S-Boat???
« on: January 03, 2012, 10:44:48 pm »

Does anyone know where I might find a 1/24 scale S-Boat? I have a 1/24  HDML,  Fairmile B, and  Minesweeping Trawler --But no "Enemy Vessel" to justify their existence!!

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: 1/24 S-Boat???
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:55:00 pm »

Models by design make a hull.

GERMAN SCHNELLBOOT.

Scale: 24th scale
Hull: 57.25 inch
Beam: 8.25 inch
Draft:

GERMAN SCHNELLBOOT.

Kriegsmarine E-Boat

The German Schnellboot (fast boat) known to the allies as E boats (enemy boats) was originally designed by Lurseen in 1929 and was based on his considerable experience with fast pleasure craft, given a design of a round bilge type hull giving good seakeeping, the scourge of the channel and Baltic, these craft were well armed and fast, with twin torpedo tubes, what they could not out shoot they could outrun, with triple Daimler-Benz engines of 6,000bhp. they were capable of speeds up to 39knots.

Our superb hull is modelled to a scale of 1/2 to 1ft giving a good sized hull for good sailing ability, well moulded this hull has the foredeck roundowns moulded in together with the tube faces and hull side rubbing strakes, each hull is supplied with full-size highly detailed plan which shows the distinctive Baltic blotch camouflage scheme. The hull is idea for R/C (although perfect also for straight-running) and makes a really large and impressive model with excellent on the water performance, with twin of triple screw drive a superb turn of speed is attainable, an ideal model for endurance competition and owing to its large size easily tackled by the beginner.

Price: £89.25 plus p&p

The old Precision Controlls used to produce a full set of fittings.
This company has just restarted as:Battle Crafts.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=32733.0

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Mk1

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 12:53:47 am »

Hi I have 3 S boats early, middle and late skull type am thinking of selling them. All 1/24 scale.

John

Gra

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 04:32:51 am »

Hi Killick,

Photo of my s boat,hull purshased from Metcalf Models some years ago.
I think this is the same hull now supplied by Models by Design.Makes up to a nice model which runs very well.

Gra

Daemon

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 08:03:46 am »

Italeri do a model kit, too, in 1/24th.

meyer

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 08:17:27 am »

Italeri kit 1/35th  :-))

Daemon

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 02:44:01 pm »

yes, sorry, my mistake, 1/35th for Italleri's kit.

Also, Battle Crafts are only doing fittings, but they seem to have some in 1.24th that you might like.

thunderchild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 03:51:29 am »

Good Day All

I'm waiting for my 1/24 Scale E Boat (it's the companion to my 1/24 Fairmile "D", the plan is to build them both together) to come for Models by Design  (it's somewhere in China at the moment, en-route to Western Australia), in my research for parts and fittings, Battle Crafts does a range for 3 classes of E Boats. There links are below.

http://www.modelsbydesign.co.uk/model_boats.aspx
http://www.battlecrafts.co.uk/

Richard
Richard

tassie48

• bikes birds and burnups
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 07:57:15 am »

i have plans in 1/24 and have a lot of research data happy to share my build is 1/6th scale pm or email me happy to copy and share tassie48
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.