Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi from Norfolk  (Read 1133 times)

Lash151

Hi from Norfolk
« on: January 16, 2012, 12:05:01 pm »

Hi...My name is Lee, I live in Norfolk and have just got back into model boat building after a break of about ten years. I have been interested in model making all my life, but gave up to start a business. Recently I resumed work on a boat I was scratch building when I stopped... its a 1/16 scale Chesapeake Buy boat which I originally started building from a plan I got free in a copy of Marine Modelling magazine.  The plans turned out to be quite inaccurate so I resorted to redrawing them from photos... When I left it I had just finished planking the hull. The poor thing sat languishing in the attic all this time so I have just dusted it off, filled and sanded it all and lined the inside with a coat of resin... So here I am... getting back on board!!  I am really looking forward to being a member of the forum, so, Just thought I would say Hi...  :-)

Lee

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Lash151

Re: Hi from Norfolk
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 04:42:59 pm »

Hi Martin...
A Chesapeake Buy Boat is basically... one of these: http://www.oysterbuyboats.com
They were built during the 1930's onwards to collect the catch from the oyster boats in the Chesapeake Bay... I just liked the look of them really, also the model construction and materials are the same as the full scale boat, which appealed to me.
Lee
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.