Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member  (Read 769 times)

Stan Straley

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« on: March 29, 2021, 05:15:18 pm »

My name is Stan Straley, I joined MBM to get help putting a new boiler in my steam boat. I live on a lake in Minnesota called Lake Minnetonka. I own a 31ft Chris Craft and have been building boat models for many years. I am currently working on a boat I built ~ 12 years ago and never got it running. It is 42 inches and has a Graham TVR1ABB engine and a PM Research #1 vertical boiler. This boiler is a kit that I put together myself. The engine was purchased on eBay already assembled. I had problems with leaks in the boiler and could never get them fixed after many attempts, it has been over heated and has become unusable. I have ordered a new custom boiler. I plan to get the steam plant back together this summer and get the boat running. So any help you may be able to give me will be appreciated. I will be posting questions in the Steam category. Thanks

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 06:23:15 pm »

Welcome Stan.

Will be interested in how your boiler replacement pans out.

Living on a lake with a full-sized boat - heaven!

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 06:30:00 pm »

Welcome Stan, that's a lovely looking model I love any thing steam although I've never really got into it apart from a couple of Wilesco steam plants I rebuilt, but there is plenty of knowledgeable  steam guys on Mayhem if any help is needed, look forward to your posts.

Joe.

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 06:40:49 pm »

Hi Stan that really is a lovely boat. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your build

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 07:46:58 pm »

Welcome to Mayhem Stan, I look forward to more pictures of your plant, and I am sure there are many on here to help answer any questions you have.
Steamed up all the time
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.