Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Revell Flower class corvette Snowberry 1/72 restarted  (Read 46646 times)

Tworrs

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Revell Flower class corvette Snowberry 1/72 restarted
« Reply #400 on: April 18, 2022, 02:13:40 am »

An amazing build my friend, it really looks the part in the water.
Garry

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #401 on: April 18, 2022, 08:06:30 am »

Hi Tworrs;
A great thanks for your kind comment on my 1/72 Snowberry.
I added a very famous and courageous music to the video of the sailing scene. :-))
That is, possibly you know,"Colonel Bogey march"so as to meet the sailing scene of famous corvette..?? O0 :-)) ;)
Enjoy the video with the march together with the sailing atmosphere in a full screen!! :-)) :-)) {-) {-) %%
Revell Flower class corvette HMCS Snowberry 1/72 smoking test - YouTube

Tworrs

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #402 on: April 18, 2022, 10:10:12 am »

Hi Backberther, thank you for sharing the video. a very impressive ship there.
I love the clean lines, and the bow wave is so smooth. You got the smoke production spot on as well.
Yes I know Colonel Bogey, very fitting if I may say.
Well done
Garry

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #403 on: April 18, 2022, 02:42:10 pm »

HI Kiyo your ship looks great on the water an smoking as well brilliant job an a brilliant model very well done sir
an hello garry
chris  :-))

Tworrs

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #404 on: April 18, 2022, 08:30:27 pm »

Hello Chris.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #405 on: April 19, 2022, 02:57:25 am »

Hi Chris;
Thanks a lot always for your warm comment.!! :-))
By the way,are you ready for your Norfolk to sail in the regatta on 24th ..??
I am really interested in large Norfolk to sail realistically on the lake by the video taken by your Gen ?!! :-)) {-) %%
I suppose many energetic Rc boaters will carry their boastful works to enjoy them on the water,won't they..?? :-) O0

Kiyo

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #406 on: April 19, 2022, 07:36:28 am »

Hi Chris;
Thanks a lot always for your warm comment.!! :-))
By the way,are you ready for your Norfolk to sail in the regatta on 24th ..??
I am really interested in large Norfolk to sail realistically on the lake by the video taken by your Gen ?!! :-)) {-) %%
I suppose many energetic Rc boaters will carry their boastful works to enjoy them on the water,won't they..?? :-) O0

Kiyo

HI again Kiyo no not ready with norfolk yet will spend all day on the saterday just brushing off the dust an then trying everything out to see if any problems as she has'nt sailed for about a year an   sorry but no vid as cant do one but will get some pics of norfolk sailing with other  ships hopefully depends on the wheather  but in case we have to cancel due to wheather here are a couple of shots of norfolk hope you dont mind me posting them if you do i will remove them
chris
https://ibb.co/QPBJcG1
an flightdeck shot of working merlin heicoter an with her lights on as this was a evening sail
an was just starting to get dusk
https://ibb.co/wyvKTGL

AN yes Kiyo there normally are quite a few large model on show an sailing with their owners thats why i find these garla days so good as its also good to meet up an make new freinds  as i did last yr an to see the normal freinds that ive know for yrs an i love where you sail from plenty of space there an nice veiws
chris
chris

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #407 on: April 19, 2022, 09:34:26 am »

Hi Chris;
They are really amazing pics of HMS Norfolk in terms of her details and fantastic lighting effects which are particularly stressed as being on the water.!! :-)) :-)) :-))  Many crews are working all around the ship so realistically.!! :-)) :-))
Despite of the warship,she looks so romantic with lighting effects at dusk at anchor which air may impress me some kind of
calmness. :-)) :-)) :-)) 
I do hope you to brush off the dust courteously to get her reveal again on the water in the daytime this time.! {-)

Looking forward to your successful time and her pics on the day.

Kiyo

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #408 on: April 19, 2022, 03:33:54 pm »

Hi Chris;
They are really amazing pics of HMS Norfolk in terms of her details and fantastic lighting effects which are particularly stressed as being on the water.!! :-)) :-)) :-))  Many crews are working all around the ship so realistically.!! :-)) :-))
Despite of the warship,she looks so romantic with lighting effects at dusk at anchor which air may impress me some kind of
calmness. :-)) :-)) :-)) 
I do hope you to brush off the dust courteously to get her reveal again on the water in the daytime this time.! {-)

Looking forward to your successful time and her pics on the day.

Kiyo

YES Kiyo jen will be doin the dusting off of norfolk as she wont let me do it in case i break something as she uses a make up brush to brush the dust away an a tiny hover all ive got to do is test her eletrics so it will be fun for me doin that an let the lady do her dusting lol {-)
hope you are well kiyo
atb
chris an jen

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #409 on: May 02, 2022, 12:07:02 pm »

Hi all;
I just enjoyed a kind of scale realism on the water of my Snowberry moored at buoys as seen below.
It was calm ,sometime windy on the water today and a pair of mooring buoys did a nice job as expected even under windy time. :-))
Using these buoys,I could enjoy model boating only seeing the ship,while I take a rest on a chair with a cup of tea.
I think it is much interesting to moor the ships not in operation rather than to get them on the boat cradle on the land. %%
Therefore, I intend to carry them whenever I go for model boating from now on.!! :-))
Boating site and test of mooring for today are as follows;

I was impressed with two dogs together with a young couple of boaters and the dogs were sitting on the boats very seriously beside their masters.!!

It was a happy day today as usual.!! :-))

lmagna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #410 on: May 02, 2022, 02:36:36 pm »

:-)) :-))

Tworrs

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #411 on: May 02, 2022, 08:53:25 pm »

That certainly adds to the realism Kiyo. :-))

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #412 on: May 02, 2022, 11:06:53 pm »

Hi Kiyo, the buoy anchorage looks very real indeed - hope to copy your idea sometime.

Also, I've been wondering about the flags you have on the hoists - Port side CJD and Stbd side NHG - Do they have specific meanings? (just curious about them).

Ray.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #413 on: May 03, 2022, 02:44:14 am »

Hi Lou;

Thanks a lot for your  :-)) :-)) on my posting of mooring buoys. :-)) :-))

Kiyo

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #414 on: May 03, 2022, 02:54:24 am »

Hi Tworrs;

So glad to have your nice comment on my mooring buoys. %% %% 

Kiyo

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #415 on: May 03, 2022, 03:39:24 am »

Hi Ray;
I'm so happy to have your comment on my posting of mooring buoys.
I would like you to introduce mooring buoys into your model boating activities as you have a nice anchorage system
on your recently completed splendid Huntsman spent to build for 4 and a half years. !! :-)) :-)) :-))
The mooring buoys will possibly contribute to add another pleasure to the boating,especially for your Huntsman.!!

As for the flags,I just followed a certain Japanese professional modeler who did this style many years ago so that I did not know the meaning at all,though to my shame. :D :D  I myself am rather eager to know what the flags mean!! {-) :embarrassed: %%
Kiyo

lmagna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #416 on: May 03, 2022, 08:36:32 am »

What did you use for your buoys Kiyo? It almost looks like you stole one of your wife's kitchen canister1

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #417 on: May 03, 2022, 09:15:27 am »

Hi Lou;
wohaha- You must be joking.!  She still have lots of the empty canisters of foods on the shelf of the kitchen now.
One day in the past she asked me if I should use those canisters for my hobby work as she would have piled them up to the extent that she must have abandoned, and I worked up to make the buoys partly because I had already felt the necessity of some kind of mooring methods when I got Snowberry on the water. O0

Kiyo

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #418 on: May 03, 2022, 09:34:02 pm »

Hi Ray;
I'm so happy to have your comment on my posting of mooring buoys.
I would like you to introduce mooring buoys into your model boating activities as you have a nice anchorage system
on your recently completed splendid Huntsman spent to build for 4 and a half years. !! :-)) :-)) :-))
The mooring buoys will possibly contribute to add another pleasure to the boating,especially for your Huntsman.!!

As for the flags,I just followed a certain Japanese professional modeler who did this style many years ago so that I did not know the meaning at all,though to my shame. :D :D  I myself am rather eager to

know what the flags mean!! {-) :embarrassed: %%

Flags on their own meaning, these are RN versions and not as per international flags.
C Affirmative
J Semaphore Message
D Degaussing

N Your Movement not understood
H Helicopter Operations in progress.
Q Boat recall

Hope this is of use.

Bob
Kiyo
I will finish this model

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #419 on: May 04, 2022, 01:40:57 am »

Hi Bob;
Thanks to your kind explanation of RN signal flags,I could come to understand the meaning of them.

Kiyo

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #420 on: May 04, 2022, 02:11:42 am »

Hi all;

While I made a test of mooring buoys the other day,I also made a bit high speed test run of the ship since she has not yet
been completely tested as a RC working scale model ship suitable for our lake.
It was a bit windy in the course of the run and she conducted a bit unstable sometimes in the run.
This is the first experience for her to run in the a bit wavy surface and I changed the water line this time to lower level
to get her to resemble the real ship.But this water line is possibly one of the reasons to get her a bit unstable.
In the next trial run,I intend to make a bit deeper water line as well as the ballast adjustment.
However,I fundamentally understand this level of unstableness is to be acceptable for me,though.... O0
Seeking for a better scale realism of movement on the water..... {-) {-) %% :embarrassed:

The video shows the third trial run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWEDAVnQuFU

lmagna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #421 on: May 04, 2022, 05:20:03 am »

I am not certain what you are looking for in operation Kiyo. Your boat looks quite stable to me, and I know for a fact that the 1/72 Corvette can easily take much rougher water than that!

If anything it looks to me that you may have her ballasted a little deep in the bow. I personally would run the bow a little higher. To me this would not only look more realistic but allow her to take heavy seas a little easier.

Trust what you see and worry a little less that your boat not stable, it is running quite nicely and is fully capable of MUCH more!

Lou

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #422 on: May 04, 2022, 11:38:20 am »

Hi Lou;
Thank you so much for your comment and encouragement in favor.
I am a bit disappointed with very tiny up and down of bow seen frequently which does not look smoothly straight forward..
I understand this phenomenon is partly from a bit rough water, as this was not seen in the last two sailings on the mirror-like surface.... {:-{
In the next run on a rough water,if the phenomenon should not be resolved regardless of my countermeasures, I will give it up perhaps. :-)) 

Kiyo

lmagna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #423 on: May 04, 2022, 06:30:41 pm »

If I understand you correctly then you are talking about a normal and desirable action of the ship when moving through water that is not perfectly smooth. Not only will the wave action raise the waterline as the ship goes through it and the added "flotation' cause the bow to raise to the crest of the wave, but the following trough or low point of the wave as it passes will decrease the buoyancy, starting at the bow, and cause the bow to drop and if the next wave is close enough the bow will cut into it even harder before it starts raising again. The faster the ship is going the more pronounced this is. The flare at the bow of ships is designed to help combat this "plunge" by helping force the bow back up sooner and throwing the water to the side instead of letting come up on the deck. The Flower Corvettes did not have that much flair on the bow to begin with and tended to plow through the waves compared to many other ships. This was slightly improved with changes made in the extended forecastle modifications that also gave slightly more flare and rake to the bow. It was further improved with the Castle Class Corvettes that followed.

In short, what I am trying to say is that the bounce you see at the bow in rougher water is normal and beneficial to the ship's movement. If you were to slow down your filming speed to slow motion it would look exactly like the real ship running in rough water.

Hope that makes some kind of sense to you.

Lou   

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #424 on: May 05, 2022, 12:28:57 am »

this vessel could take waves 5 to 6 times this height - yes a little disconcerting - but think of it this way - its a SCALE model warship where everything is 1:72 the size of the original and time is not scaled down either, so the actual movements are much faster than would be if time was scaled down as well
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.