Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Covid vaccination  (Read 73199 times)

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Covid vaccination
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2021, 03:13:34 pm »

Easy one Tug there was only Pfizer when I had mine Ahem! back last year

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2021, 03:45:32 pm »

Thanks for the replies. A couple of locals say the same thing.
I will try &find out if different locations consistently get the same vaccine or whether on a particular day they all get the same - at least locally.

Barney Magrew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2021, 03:52:31 pm »

We have two mass vaccination sites and they use two different versions.  The wife had Pfizer.  Still waiting for my notification.

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2021, 04:14:41 pm »

We have two mass vaccination sites and they use two different versions.  The wife had Pfizer.  Still waiting for my notification.
Sorry but I am not quite sure what you are saying.
Are you saying that you can effectively choose your vaccine by choosing where you receive it?

number-1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2021, 05:54:40 pm »

I dont think  you get a choice of venues or which vaccine, you should get contacted with which site you go to and what time, you should receive whatever vaccine the centre has been allocated that day (as far as Im aware)

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2021, 07:09:40 pm »

Report on the BBC today:

And on Scotland's highest mountain, two climbers had to be rescued and have been fined for breaking Scotland's lockdown rules.

The men had travelled more than 100 miles (161km) from the Glasgow area to tackle Ben Nevis, near Fort William in the Highlands.

They got into difficulty in a gully on Saturday afternoon and had to be rescued by helicopter by Inverness Coastguard and members of the local mountain rescue team.

Police Scotland said there were no injuries and both were fined for breaching Covid regulations.

Colin

It gets worse as the chopper was returning to base after  taking them back it got redirected.Another  two  had got stuck up Creagh Meagaidh it was unsafe for the chopper to get them so it airlifted 8 members
of the rescue team up who then abseiled down and pulled them up.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2021, 09:12:45 am »

I dont think  you get a choice of venues or which vaccine, you should get contacted with which site you go to and what time, you should receive whatever vaccine the centre has been allocated that day (as far as Im aware)
When I got my letter it directed me to a website to book an appointment.  The site wanted my postcode, and then offered several choices.  I went for the second nearest as that was the closest with a car park on site.  I imagine that not many places have refrigeration equipment that goes down to Pfizer temperatures, so A-Z is going to be the one likely on offer.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2021, 10:34:31 am »

Thank you everybody. My question has been answered.
Good news that the Oxford Zeneca vaccine, and most likely the others as well, reduces the ability of the recipient to transmit the virus.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2021, 10:39:53 am »

Good news that the Oxford Zeneca vaccine, and most likely the others as well, reduces the ability of the recipient to transmit the virus.

Yes, President Macron WILL be pleased!

Colin

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2021, 10:44:35 am »

I still believe that the mutations being seen are a natural thing for this virus, if it mutates on the spike protein in one location its called the Kent variant in another its referred to as the Brazilian and another the SA variant, so these new ones seen in Bristol and Liverpool will be a mutation in a different location of the spike protein and being seen there for the first time with be identified as such, so then, I believe that its not a imported strain, its a home grown natural progression of mutation as it tries to adapt to prevent being stopped.

This is my opinion and may not be a true reflection of the actual abilities of the virus unless born out by fact.  :embarrassed:
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Barney Magrew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2021, 10:54:44 am »

it appears, in my area at least, that different surgeries are allocated to different mass vaccination sites.  The NHS are offering a drop in jab for their own staff, but we didn't get a choice of site or vaccine.

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2021, 11:38:24 am »

In my area ,Tayside, those in care homes and housebound are being visited, while those who can travel go to vaccination centers. The center in Dundee has been set up in the town center Concert hall and appointments are made over the phone, they phone you to set it up. Got the call yesterday so go in tomorrow afternoon. ( 65 to 69 years old now being targeted.)
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2021, 11:38:36 am »

it appears, in my area at least, that different surgeries are allocated to different mass vaccination sites.  The NHS are offering a drop in jab for their own staff, but we didn't get a choice of site or vaccine.
This must differ by area and perhaps how many local centres exist, as I understand from those that have had the vaccine that they are being offered a choice of location.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2021, 11:42:18 am »

I think a lot of areas are the same , NHS and other front line are getting done at hospital sites where they can maintain the low storage temps for the Pfizer vaccine The plebs get to go to pop up large scale venues . We got the choice of 2,   Epsom Downs Racecourse just down the road from us and ExCel centre in London Docklands, miles away in the centre of the congestion charging zone.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2021, 12:01:36 pm »

Hi I was offered Epsom and Exxon and Bristol and Birmingham.  You can see from my location, all a bit silly.
Contacted my surgery and they put me on their spares list and I was done that day else where in Watford.  i was a fill in for the 6 spare doses they had.

Nice to know the A-Z vaccine has other advantages (so far).
Regards
Roy

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2021, 12:45:30 am »

Have you been partaking in alcohol this morning Roy?  %) ,...or is that just your wicked sense of humour?   >>:-(

Epsom = reminds me of salts
Exxon =  reminds me of the MV Exxon-Valdez oil spill
Bristol = made Bombers is WW11
Birmingham = I have forgotten what it was famous or infamous for   :embarrassed:

I think the Alpha to Zulu name was an excellent choice and so easily to be abbreviated as AZ

Whereas the other name Pfizer reminds me of American fizzy soft drinks  O0

..does Epson salts mixed into a liquid make a fizzy drink?.......that would certainly make for a concoction type EF [fizzy] injection

....and why pray tell insert a letter into a word that you don't pronounce?
....why not just write the first letter '   ' with invisible ink?  {-)
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #241 on: February 04, 2021, 08:24:15 am »

Hi Derek, I do enjoy a smile but this time it just came out, I blame my fingers!

There is an article in one our papers that says our Health minister saw the film "Contagion" and it was this that made him override the initial suggested buying of 30M AZ innoculations.  He ordered 100M and we have many more on order.  I think this might have been the 'injection' needed to get the companies into high production mode.

Latest here is to check if the second dose could be a different vaccine and then there is a further exercise to combine the Russian vaccine with the AZ one.   

By the way I was looking at my old pictures and found one of me paddling in the sea at Wollongong, I did not realise I had been there.  Must have been 4 years ago now.
My son tells me that Oz is watching events before committing to anything, is that your take on things?
All the best
Roy

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2021, 10:01:15 am »

..does Epson salts mixed into a liquid make a fizzy drink?.......that would certainly make for a concoction type EF [fizzy] injection

Epsom salt doesn't make into a fizzy drink, but the results tend to be fizzy if you swallow any.  Was one of the ingredients for Andrews Liver Salts, which was fizzy but dur more to the sodium bicarb and citric acid in the mix.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #243 on: February 04, 2021, 10:03:09 am »

Just got the call for mine for Monday at the local village hall. By all accounts it is very well organised. Mrs B will have to wait a few days longer as they are going by date of birth.

Colin

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2021, 10:25:12 am »

Just had mine, booked for 9:20, out my 9:21 although you do have to wait for 15 minutes of observation , Centre I went to was well organised..

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2021, 10:52:35 am »

Evening Roy....so glad you enjpyed your paddle in the sea at Wollongong all those years ago  %) ........

I am pretty sure our OZ Government has recently ordered a few truck loads of the AZ brand.........

It also appears we are committed to pay for an earlier order of Fizzy brand....

[there is little point in being critical of what appeared to be a sound purchase made on the best advice available at the time]

A good idea would be to line up all of the those making ludicrous Political criticisms ....& give then a shot of the Fizzy {-) [size=78%].[/size][/size]....& then box up the leftovers into the big blue  [size=78%][/size]ESKY[size=78%][/font][/size], then offer the leftovers [without cost] to any 3rd World Pacific Country that cannot yet afford such supportAt this stage, I will be hoping for the AZ variety if possibleDerek[size=78%]
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2021, 12:09:11 pm »

Lately the have been saying any version is better than none  :embarrassed:
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2021, 01:02:12 pm »

Lately the have been saying any version is better than none  :embarrassed:

Even later (today) they are saying a medley of different vaccines may be even better

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2021, 02:14:18 pm »

Even later (today) they are saying a medley of different vaccines may be even better

It would suit governments to find that it was at least nearly as good.

Chancellor this morning confirming government strategy is about keeping patient numbers to something NHS can cope with whilst experts want to contain virus. To me this is confirming that my health is my responsibility. The government just don't want pictures of queuing ambulances, people ill sitting on pavement, packed hospital wards etc. Not a good look & won't impress voters.

Was I always this cynical?

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2021, 03:09:12 pm »

It would suit governments to find that it was at least nearly as good.

Chancellor this morning confirming government strategy is about keeping patient numbers to something NHS can cope with whilst experts want to contain virus. To me this is confirming that my health is my responsibility. The government just don't want pictures of queuing ambulances, people ill sitting on pavement, packed hospital wards etc. Not a good look & won't impress voters.

Was I always this cynical?

Considering the total dogs dinner that the EU have made of vaccinations and virus control on the continent, has anyone changed their mind on Brexit? Perhaps dumping that bunch of bureaucratic numpties was not a bad move after all !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.